+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dragon Soul BIS Gear: Feral Bear

Dragon Soul BIS Gear: Feral Bear

This is pretty much the set I'm aiming for, trinkets I'm not really set on yet.

Normal T13
    Helm: Nocturnal Gaze
    Neck: Cataclysmic Gladiator's Necklace of Prowess
    Shoulders: Deep Earth Spaulders
    Cloak: Dreadfire Drape
    Chest: Deep Earth Raiment
    Wrist: Bracers of Manifold Pockets
    Gloves: Deep Earth Grips
    Belt: Belt of Hidden Keys
    Legs: Deep Earth Legguards
    Boots: Rooftop Griptoes
    Rings:Seal of Primordial ShadowEmergency Descent Loop
    Weapon: Kiril, Fury of Beasts
    Relic: Ripfang Relic
    -Jimmy

|Ex Tank|

TWITCH.TV STREAM

Wow, Bears kind of got ripped off with neck pieces. When I saw your pvp piece I looked at what drops in the Raids and it's just an Agility with Hit and Haste; great for Rogues, but Bear tanks and Hunters get kind of short shrift (no clue if Haste is good for a Kitty).

I don't think there are any raid drops for necks or cloaks, highest ilevel for these slot will be 397 valor gear. wowhead has 410 versions of these but I don't think they are available in game unless they add some type of crystal upgrade.

Yeah, you're right it is just vendor gear for necks; I saw the "heroic" versions and just assumed raid drop; for got about the vendor upgarde tokens.

heroic rag neck would be bis but i doubt anyone would want to smash their faces against that fight anymore for a small upgrade over an easy to get pvp neck. heroic ryo's cloak is still bis as well but much easier to get if you don't have it yet.

and yes, if there is a crystal firestone type of thing that works on the valor gear then that neck and cloak will be bis heroic.
    -Jimmy

|Ex Tank|

TWITCH.TV STREAM

It's not exactly "normal" BiS if you're including Heroic T12 items.

6/7h in firelands is easy enough to be normal after all the nerfs. i didn't include heroic rag neck since it's harder than normal ds.
    -Jimmy

|Ex Tank|

TWITCH.TV STREAM

Re: Dragon Soul BIS Gear: Feral Bear

I managed to score my 4 piece tonight, as well as my relic and weapon so im pretty happy.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Lilreggie View Post
    I managed to score my 4 piece tonight, as well as my relic and weapon so im pretty happy.

Gratz, that's some nice luck on the tokens. Last night for us it was Hunter, Shaman, Warrior tokens for the two bosses we killed that drop tokens. Did 3 bosses last night before raid time ended; see what drops tonight.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=71994 is what im looking at for bracers. the itemization is bad, but with the extra 2 sockets they could come out on top. Ill have to run the numbers before I can be sure though.

Quote Originally Posted by Destruyen View Post
    6/7h in firelands is easy enough to be normal after all the nerfs. i didn't include heroic rag neck since it's harder than normal ds.
    71.12% completion rate of Ragnaros vs 27% of Heroic Beth.

"Easy enough"?

Including 6/7 T12 items is not even remotely accurate for Dragon Soul normal mode raiding.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=71994 is what im looking at for bracers. the itemization is bad, but with the extra 2 sockets they could come out on top. Ill have to run the numbers before I can be sure though.
    It's not better, but it's not that much worse either.

Let's just call it s PRE-Heroic T13 Best in Slot.

Also, I got http://www.wowhead.com/item=77201/resolve-of-undying tonight and it seems VERY strong but extremely situational. Ill probably be using the http://www.wowhead.com/item=77994 and the fire of the deep from valor points

Let's just call it s PRE-Heroic T13 Best in Slot.

Also, I got http://www.wowhead.com/item=77201/resolve-of-undying tonight and it seems VERY strong but extremely situational. Ill probably be using the http://www.wowhead.com/item=77994 and the fire of the deep from valor points
    Resolve is better than Fire unless you're using Fire as a CD.

Re: Dragon Soul BIS Gear: Feral Bear

Why wouldn't you use it as a cd? Its 2300 dodge.

Why wouldn't you use it as a cd? Its 2300 dodge.

Read as: If you don't actually need it for CD purposes.

pretty sure that undying and unchaining will be the bis combo, with the 2 stam trinkets and the vp one as situational/as needed for progression.

after last night my group went 8/8 fairly easily, took us two nights because we are moving back to a 25 man group and some ppl couldn't make our full late-night times so it was half a raid night each. one piece away from having my 4pc which will be nice for heroic progression next week. might try to get the chest from lfr before next weekend.

also did some heroic firelands last night, and to the poster above saying heroic firelands might be too hard to be considered normal for the still bis 391 cloak, LOLOLOL RYOLITH MOVES SOOOOO DAMN SLOW NOW....

edit: 391 relic according to mew is better than the new vp one. so, cross your fingers and hope that a firestone drops off heroic ryo along with the cloak
    -Jimmy

|Ex Tank|

TWITCH.TV STREAM

also did some heroic firelands last night, and to the poster above saying heroic firelands might be too hard to be considered normal for the still bis 391 cloak, LOLOLOL RYOLITH MOVES SOOOOO DAMN SLOW NOW....
    Easy for people that were 6/7 before Dragon Soul is not easy for people that were barely able to kill Rag.

Also see 71% vs 27% completion rates.

It's not the same thing. Stop saying it is. Normal mode guilds are going to get facewrecked by Ultraxion and Gunship.

Quote Originally Posted by Katarn View Post
    Easy for people that were 6/7 before Dragon Soul is not easy for people that were barely able to kill Rag.

Also see 71% vs 27% completion rates.

It's not the same thing. Stop saying it is. Normal mode guilds are going to get facewrecked by Ultraxion and Gunship.
    it's a 35% kill rate for h ryolith.

also, people who are going to struggle on normal dragon soul don't usually concern themselves with best in slot lists from my experience...
    -Jimmy

|Ex Tank|

TWITCH.TV STREAM

Quote Originally Posted by Destruyen View Post

also, people who are going to struggle on normal dragon soul don't usually concern themselves with best in slot lists from my experience...
    ^^^^ That

While I can see looking at at BiS post while raiding in a normal mode guild, in my experience, a "casual raider" isnt going to be equipping most BiS items. These types of threads are aimed at the more hardcore raider who is maximizing their gear and itemization. I understand that those who only raid normal modes want to do the same, however that should be an entirely different thread.

I'd suggest looking into a simulator if you're looking for the best itemization if you're not going to be able to obtain the BiS gear.

Quote Originally Posted by bltbeartough View Post
    ^^^^ ThatWhile I can see looking at at BiS post while raiding in a normal mode guild, in my experience, a "casual raider" isnt going to be equipping most BiS items. These types of threads are aimed at the more hardcore raider who is maximizing their gear and itemization. I understand that those who only raid normal modes want to do the same, however that should be an entirely different thread. I'd suggest looking into a simulator if you're looking for the best itemization if you're not going to be able to obtain the BiS gear.
    With the vast cross-section of people at different levels of progression, that read these forums, I think it is very naieve to think that only heroic mode level people look at best in slot lists. And I also agree that it is wrong to assume everyone here has access to all HM drops.I do however think that the list for heroic mode items should be separate from the normal mode best in slot lists, whether in the same thread or in another.

+ Reply to Thread