+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 18 of 18

Thread: Any other feral tanks regemming stamina for 4.3?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    24

    Any other feral tanks regemming stamina for 4.3?

    I've been full agility and it bugs me like crazy. Im beyond elated to stack stamina again. Im down to 27.8% dodge unbuffed but I gained around 22k hp before bear form. Three cheers for eh!!!!

    Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    2,067
    my druid on the ptr has 250k hp raid buffed with the gear i have on live regemmed to stam...it's pretty nice even if i lost 5% dodge
    -Jimmy

    |Ex Tank|

    TWITCH.TV STREAM


  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Flint, Michigan
    Posts
    971
    Quote Originally Posted by Destruyen View Post
    my druid on the ptr has 250k hp raid buffed with the gear i have on live regemmed to stam...it's pretty nice even if i lost 5% dodge
    Implying you could almost reach nearly 300k health in full H DS gear O.O
    [Today 06:48 PM] Ion:swimming in a natural body of water ISN'T acceptable...it's momentarily tolerable

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    534
    Isn't the stamina buff intended so you can keep gemming agility while keeping a decent amount of hp or am I completely missing the mark here?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,132
    For 25m it's an option, for 10m it depends on the exact burst numbers and your pocket healer (hello tank healing shaman keeping riptide rolling for +10% hitpoints buff). But before considering regemming to stamina for any fight i'd play around with two stamina trinkets if necessary.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbad View Post
    Isn't the stamina buff intended so you can keep gemming agility while keeping a decent amount of hp or am I completely missing the mark here?
    Pretty much. Stamina is still entirely suboptimal once EH requirements are met.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    24

    Re: Any other feral tanks regemming stamina for 4.3?

    Quote Originally Posted by Katarn View Post
    Pretty much. Stamina is still entirely suboptimal once EH requirements are met.
    Not at all. With the multipliers we have it is definitely worthwhile. Plus for those of us racing for server firsts the extra 40-50k can really be forgiving, as opposed to the 3% dodge loss.

    Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilreggie View Post
    Not at all. With the multipliers we have it is definitely worthwhile. Plus for those of us racing for server firsts the extra 40-50k can really be forgiving, as opposed to the 3% dodge loss.

    Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    I think you missed the whole EH requirement bit. Once you have enough EH (value dependant on boss and healers) Agility is straight up better.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    24

    Re: Any other feral tanks regemming stamina for 4.3?

    Eh requirements tend to be set by boss damage, not outside factors like black blood or orbs.

    Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilreggie View Post
    Eh requirements tend to be set by boss damage, not outside factors like black blood or orbs.

    Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    They're set by all factors in an encounter. Not just boss damage.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Karlsruhe/Germany
    Posts
    3,899
    Unless the tank is not taking damage from any source other than the boss, you need to factor environmental/non-boss damage in to your "Required Effective Health" calculation.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    70
    No way I'm going stamina. I absorb too much damage with the 2 piece bonus and 50%+ crit, and the high dodge doesn't hurt either (not to mention the increased dps helps a lot in my 10 man).

    I'm sitting at right around 200k health using full agi gemming, and one agi, one mastery trinket. I have yet to find a boss that requires me to have more health, and from what I can see of the heroics, I'm not likely to run into one until the last two fights.

    If they have retuned some of the earlier heroics to require more health than that, then I'll change to stamina trinkets if needed, and regem if I need any more...but I really don't see that happening.
    Rudolpho, Blackwing's Bane
    Pravus Dei - Bleeding Hollow PVP [Horde]

    http://pravusdei-guild.com/

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudolpho View Post
    No way I'm going stamina. I absorb too much damage with the 2 piece bonus and 50%+ crit, and the high dodge doesn't hurt either (not to mention the increased dps helps a lot in my 10 man).

    I'm sitting at right around 200k health using full agi gemming, and one agi, one mastery trinket. I have yet to find a boss that requires me to have more health, and from what I can see of the heroics, I'm not likely to run into one until the last two fights.

    If they have retuned some of the earlier heroics to require more health than that, then I'll change to stamina trinkets if needed, and regem if I need any more...but I really don't see that happening.
    Pretty much. It's more about your raid not being fail than needing more EH.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    3
    Ok, I love this debate, and it has RAGED on since bears started tanking (read post-vanilla when if you weren't a warrior most high end guilds didnt want you tanking), but let's face facts....

    Gemming/reforging based on what someone writes on the interwebs, just because they said it was better is moronic. You're probably not in the exact gear that they are, and your raid comp is certainly different. That being said, your best option is to run logs, compile multiple parses and gauge what is going to work best in your particular situation. I for one, have a personal threshold for my total avoidance that I maintain, very similar to being fully ctc on say my prot pally. After I've reached that threshold, I move to stam. That being said, after one week of DS, I don't have enough data to review to make a GOOD determination on how much damage taken is going to be magic vs physical. Once I personally have enough raw data to make that determination, I'll be able to gem accordingly.

    As someone else posted earlier, 250k health is about the norm for a full raid buffed bear right now, without stacking pure stam, assuming you're well geared. Personally I found that be be totally acceptable for the normal mode week, but I am curious to see how much disparity there is between normal and heroic modes as far as damage taken is concerned.

    I'll keep you updated on the info I get from parses and let you know what I come up with.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    2,067
    Quote Originally Posted by bltbeartough View Post
    As someone else posted earlier, 250k health is about the norm for a full raid buffed bear right now, without stacking pure stam, assuming you're well geared. Personally I found that be be totally acceptable for the normal mode week, but I am curious to see how much disparity there is between normal and heroic modes as far as damage taken is concerned.
    that was me and i was stacking stam with full raid buffs. however, 3 out of the 4 397 vanq tokens dropped last week for me so i at least received my 2 pc (worth about 400 agility equiv. points) and hopefully before next weekend pick up a legitimate lfr chest token for the 4pc raid cd for heroic modes this week. i gemmed my new 397 pieces with agi while leaving my 391s gemmed stam, and will swing full stam depending on how heroic modes go. i'm now at 226k raid buffed with one stam trink (heroic vial) and one agi trink (normal matrix) but i'll swap those as needed or if i get some upgrades.

    i have a good feeling if anyone will be starting heroic modes this week and tanking on a bear, you better be ready for stam gemming for a few weeks...
    -Jimmy

    |Ex Tank|

    TWITCH.TV STREAM


  16. #16
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    3
    I am starting them as soon as servers go up, with 3 JC stam gems, and ready to use a stam trinket as needed for a few fights. For example:

    Morchok has a ton of physical dmg from last week's parse... so I'll be using my dodge stuff
    Zon'ozz and Yor'Sahj both have tons of magic dmg, probably a tb trinket and stam trinket
    Ultraxion will be dodge
    Gunship - Dodge
    Spine - Dodge/Agi
    Madness - Agi

    Those are my current choices, but like I said in my earlier post, until I have a few full parses, that's all going to be debatable. I know for a fact though, that last week, in my current gear, which is vast majorily 391, I had well over 230k health, possibly more...

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    2,067
    armory link by chance?
    -Jimmy

    |Ex Tank|

    TWITCH.TV STREAM


  18. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    24
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/aegwynn/Bigreggie/advanced

    2
    50k is WAY above the norm for a raid geared feral right now. Im using a VERY stam heavy set up and I sit at around 241k if I remember right.

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts