Thread: Four Alternatives to use in a Problematic Pick up Group

Four Alternatives to use in a Problematic Pick up Group

1. /ignore problematic person
    2. initiate vote-kick for problematic person
    3. do not chat/emote party members
    4. leave group

*Alternatives are neither meant to drop sub-par damage per second and/or lacking-in-skill players nor leave such groups

Last edited by Bumblebeard; 11-24-2011 at 12:19 PM.

er... option 4 doesn't seem like an alternative to 'leave sub-par party'
    Quote Originally Posted by kasanagi View Post
    THIS IS WHERE I PRETEND TO NOT CARE ABOUT WIZARD CAT. <[;3

If it only seems to be one "problematic player" then vote-kick, otherwise leave the group. Ignoring during the instance only makes the problem worse.

Another option (if you're the tank) is to trick them into getting aggro, let them die and continue without them. It beats waiting 15 minutes to try and vote a kick, and it saves the option if you PuG another "problematic player."

Ignoring them has no immediate solution if they're pulling extra mobs or needing on BoE gear they can't use, but it prevents you from ever randoming with them again.

As a dps I don't really pay attention to what other idiots are doing and will just kind of make it through. If I'm healing, then for some reason they tend to die a lot and leave. If I'm tanking I'll usually just go about my business or vote kick. I was in a pug with a idiot and two of his guildies and he was just a smart ass. So I don't notice he's got 2 guildies with him and initiate a vote kick and one of the them says "whoever started the vote kick is really stupid." Soooo, next boss was a pull and zone out with message "who's stupid?"

Option 5... be helpful and try and teach them to be better players... and then find yourself back in Stormwind/Orgrimmar able to requeue without a cooldown.
    "In anything, if you want to go from just a beginner to a pro, you need a montage." /w TankSpot WTB Montage for Raiders.