+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Need help healing as a Disc Priest in FL.

Need help healing as a Disc Priest in FL.

Hey guys!

I was healing FL last night for my guild and compared to the other healers i didnt really do well. My HPS was much lower and healing done aswell, Disc has alot of absorbtion and i was wondering if this would make my healing done much lower than other classes.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...uramasa/simple

this is an armory link to my priest, so you guys can check his gear. should there be a way to find out what HPS i should be geting.

any input would be much appreciated.

Thanks.
    Deathgod

wat kinda hps are u pulling and how geared are the other healers

cuz im a 376 ilvl disc healer i pull from 16k to about 26k hps

Erm this is a link to the other 2 healers that where in the raid:
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...endeath/simple - belf paladin
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Valesis/simple - resto druid.

Sadly i cant remember that exact numbers, but i was like 4-6K under them and more in heavy aoe dmg fights. I should use PoM and spam PoH but still couldnt keep up or get close to them.

I was wondering if my aoe healing is done wrong...

there more geared then u they goin to pull more umm my pally in my guild pulls 2 to 3k more then me but i out heal the sahmym but like 5k to 6k more then he heals ummm u want to kinda stay tank heals if u have to raid heal poh why poping cd and healing like u would heal the tank u should pull about 15 mayb 16k then agian imnot sure cuz i healed HM rhy wit a pally and mea so we 2 healers i was raid healing and his was tank healing and i was pull over 30k hps so cuz u have a druid aka raid healer his/her is goin to pick up heal alot faster then u

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Alyesia/simple
    ill link it heere to but im inbox u but like i said raid healer pick it up faster i have more 4 set 2 and gear u dnt have u healing is goin to be low one cuz of the druid and 2 cuz they out gear u really

ok the gear part i understand, but with regards to raid healing, is PoM and PoH all i should use(with inner will)? coz i read that spamming bubble isnt worth the mph.

u want to heal like u would heal a tank so wat i do is pop my cds then use poh then heal sumone would didnt get eh poh so i would shield pom renew then penace that how i raid heal for domo i would poh then shield everyone i mean everyone after the like 3 hit so it just all about the fight it hard to kinda get use to but if u look at most healer all there using is pom poh and shields but the way iv been doing work fine wit me and my guild so give it a try in a dungeon or a pug run and iff if it helps like u stats and stuff are ok the only thing different from u and me i use atonement that and glyph power word barrier glyph pom glyph smite and divine accuracy im glyph them and im not to sure if ur plyph the same but as u get the gear u will pick up more and making for other healer input will help too and dnt lisen when they say rewen is bad 4 disc

put in mind i have 138k mana buffed but i still healed like i said when i had only 125k mana buffed

ok great, i dont use renew very much :P will start to get it in on certin fights.

Thanks for all the advice, will giv it a shot next raid and let you know how its going. Will try and keep a track of my HPS and let you know.

nps it should help alot but it just got to get use to it that all

If you're having to pull more than 14 or 15k on fights like H Rhy, with 2 healers, your raid/tank is taking way too much avoidable damage. We 2 heal it, me on my Pally and our Shammy and we're sitting at around 14k hps each. It's not your hps that's an issue, it's your raid being damage magnets.

Gear and HPS don't mean much of of anything. (Meaning people won't outheal you just based on gear, and if they do the number probably doesn't mean much in a vacuum)

And yes if you weren't tracking absorbs, your healing done would look a lot lower than other healers.

Other than that, pretty much what Theotherone said.

As for Rhyo, the healing is fairly simple. Get something to track when he's going to Stomp. Spark spawns, get a PW:S on the spark tank and pay attention to him. Fragments spawn, get a PW:S on the fragment tank. ~10 sec before a stomp start getting PoH/DA on as many groups as you can, then continue PoH after the stomp until people are topped. Penance for spot heals.

Play very conservative in P1 though, as unless people are being...ahem..."damage magnets", there's really not much to heal. If you make it to P2, then you can just start pouring the mana out, get PW:S up on as many people as possible before he transitions, Power Infusion/Other Haste buffs/Spam PoH once he does transition.
    Last edited by Bovinity; 10-17-2011 at 05:24 AM.

First, if you just absolutely have to look at a meter, get Skada, and set it to Heals and Absorbs. I can almost guarantee you that you will not be number three (in 10-man), most of the time--unless you're healing with two Pallys, which would be kinda "awkward".

Second, please realize, at some point, that Disc healing is all about preventing and mitigating damage, not simply healing damage.

Once you understand that, you can concentrate on what's really important, as a healer...figuring out what spells/combinations are going to keep your raid alive, long enough to down the Boss.

I know that I am truly more happy, when I get a whisper, from a tank, who tells me they really notice when I'm not there to heal them, than I am when I look at a meter, and see my HPS is above 10k.

My point is, look for who's in trouble, during a fight, and try your best to save them--at least long enough for the other healers to bring them back up, while staying focused on the tank(s). If your raid prevails, be happy!!
    -"Just like a buzzin' fly, I come into your life, I'll float away, like honey in the sun..."--Tim Buckley

In Firelands, particularly on Heroic difficulty, cooldown rotations are much more important than HPS. Baleroc is the only fight where I care about the meters. I'm typically around 56k for that fight as Disc. We pop lust for the first crystal and get me to heal a shadow priest who takes the full 25 stacks. I spam Penance and Flash Heal exclusively, getting in 3 Penance casts before the first crystal is gone (timed so the last Penance gets the most possible stacks). Once I have over 50 stacks (for Heroic, easily get over 100 stacks on reg) I stay on the tank full time. Mastery stacking leads to some crazy absorption on that fight.

+ Reply to Thread