+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What's wrong with my tanking?

What's wrong with my tanking?

Hi everyone need to know what's wrong with my tanking but first some background on why I'm asking.
    Durning my first time in FL on my blood dk for a trash run (pug group) we wiped (pretty much only 3 people left when they ran out of instance) on the first pack just after the giant. I asked the MT why he pulled everything in the area including the turtles without cc and the raid leader saying so (was a dps down from the giant he thought it would be a great idea to taunt) the group broke up because I pointed this out and as the raid leader left (undergeared alt of a member of the top guild on our server) he said he would start again and that my tanking was bad. Quite confused as I had grabbed all the mobs and told remaining to run (no need for all to get repair cost because of 1 bad pull). So I whispered all the healers and they said I was a little undergeared but was doing well and wasn't hard to heal and I had saved 2 of them repair costs. So i asked him but all he said is that I'm bad. Could someone tell me what is wrong.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...redeath/simple

This was aoe so I will describe as best I can what I did.
    Death and decay on main group death griped one free mob taunted the other outbreak, pestilence, blood boil, runestrike moved to the third taunted and runestrike final dnd befor telling group to run to exit (cooldowns mixed in to keep me up).

Aren't you meant to use Deathstrike? About ever 5 seconds or so?

Yea u forgot the ds bor its a min 7% heal or more depending on recent damage i always save mine for a big hit or as a filler if the damage is kinda static

Yea sorry forgot to mention that but I was using it on cd

Your gear is fine for FL, I've healed less geared tanks without issue; he probably thought you pulled the extra mobs or he's just a jerk.

You are geared enough, the items that you have that are "undergeared" are subject are some of the hardest to get.
    Though since you are a Blacksmith, the http://www.wowhead.com/item=70164 would be a major upgrade.
    Any particular reason you aren't using http://www.wowhead.com/item=70108? Its obvious you have the Molten Front unlocked.
    Don't forget to enchant your bracers with +50 Dodge.

Other than those 3 items, I pointed out, I don't really see anything wrong. I think it was more the RL was being stupid and decided to blame you.

You're BS/ALch. the Masterwork Elementium Deathblad is your... 5'th(?) BiS currently. Yeah, nuff said. I would highly recommend the Pyrelord Greaves as well, you're not a shield tank so the loss in mastery isn't AS detrimental. For your Tier 12 upgrading.... well, you're only going to get one or two items before 4.3 hits so... yeah, do what you want.

Other than that, yeah, I'd say that your RL was an unobservant stuck-up &^%*&$. It happens, don't take it to hard.

I'm getting the bracers enchanted today and have started hc's to get the orbs but am having bad luck at the moment. I was told the boots by a dk on my server that the boots aren't so great and it would be better to wait for a drop in FL but I will change those to. I'm in a guild so I didnt really get much chance to do pve so I'm behind but now everyone has disappeared so I'm trying to get back in to pvp. The rl is from the top 10 man guild on the server and most in that guild are quite obnoxious it's strange because all the 25 man guilds are all really helpful but /shrug

Google "greater internet f*ckwad theory", apply the theory to the raid leader. Found your problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    just don't let them melee you up the bum.

/thick skin on
    /armor on
    go tank :P

+ Reply to Thread