+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Blizzard: Hear my plea! Zero points for loosing a random BG

Blizzard: Hear my plea! Zero points for loosing a random BG

After being in too many random BGs (alliance), I often hear team members tell me to "drop the flag" or "just loose". I even heard one person remark "its faster to earn Honor my just loosing..". Is there no desire to win??? This got me thinking: Blizzard should award ZERO points for loosing a BG. This would keep some of the "strive to loosers" from even queing and playing BGs. It is not much fun when your team gives up before the game even starts. Just ranting.

Blizzard should award ZERO points for loosing a BG.
    That wouldnt be smart - no one from the underdog side would join the BG anymore.

The main issue is, since BGs exist, that most of the BG players are not really interested in
    doing PvP, there are interested in getting Honor and Rewards, especially players from PvE
    servers.

It's not that there isn't a desire. Rather, some of the lesser dedicated and often times, quicker analyzers will come to the conclusion that this particular game would take about 15 more minutes based on current progression. Due to that they conclude that IF they win they receive X amount of honor, however, there is the chance that they lose and receive Y amount of honor, and that is less than X. They surmise that getting Y amount of honor now and queueing into another BG would be more honor (and this is usually correct).

Now that I have stated what you probably knew, it isn't that they don't want to win but rather, it is in the groups best interest to forfeit now because everyone (including the enemy team) would come out mathematically ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by Droyed View Post
    After being in too many random BGs (alliance), I often hear team members tell me to "drop the flag" or "just loose". I even heard one person remark "its faster to earn Honor my just loosing..". Is there no desire to win??? This got me thinking: Blizzard should award ZERO points for loosing a BG. This would keep some of the "strive to loosers" from even queing and playing BGs. It is not much fun when your team gives up before the game even starts. Just ranting.
    There's so many things I could say about this, but I'll keep it brief.

If you want things to stay competitive for PvP, then you want the losing team to still get something. If the winning faction consistently is the ONLY team getting honor points, then the disparity between factions will only worsen.

There's a difference between wanting to win, and wanting to spend the next 15- 20 minutes getting farmed for honor / butchered because you're too stubborn to realize you're outmatched or outclassed. Take an honest look at the bg compositions of those instances where your team said, "let them cap it." BE REALISTIC with your expectations. You can't expect a group of fresh 85's with one or two honor geared players to compete well against a team mostly in conquest gear with two premades randomed grouped together. The disparity in gear at this point is simply too great. At the start of Cata, yes. Now? Forget it.

If it really means that much to you, consider approaching random bg's differently. Get a group of avid pvp'ers from your realm together and queue up together as a team. Doesn't have to be the same guild. Just remove some degree of the "randomness" from the random bg.

You'll probably be more pleased with the end results.
    No one tanks in a void.........

Ive been in BG's where 70% of our team was dead and the horde having 2 caps to which we said just let them get the 3rd cap and hell with it. Dont view it as giving up. Look at it as youre punting.

Quote Originally Posted by Prucilak View Post
    Dont view it as giving up. Look at it as youre punting.
    LOL, well said. Although I'm usually the one that continues to go after their flag carrier even though they will win in 10 secs if I don't get it back, and most likely I won't since I'm one of the 30% alive, but I feel... wrong... if I go after a mindless kill or stand there with my thumb getting warm. If I do happen to return the flag, the team usually complains at me for extending the game but that's just how I am. I don't like sitting idle but I like going after objectives.

I do know what they mean, though. In vanilla, when you had to win a bg or lose 3 just to turn in your marks to gain rep and progress to your next title, I was usually on the losing side. It took a LOT longer on my side to gear up than it did on their side. That was also when horde ruled at pvp and the puny alliance only won if they were against a bad team or were a really geared and coordinated bunch. Ah, back in my alliance days... I do enjoy the fact that I still get something if we lose but I try my hardest not to rely on that.
    Bears are strong.

+ Reply to Thread