Darkness Within is a Level 25 top end Alliance raiding guild on the US Kirin Tor server. We are a well established guild, comprised of talented players who have experienced all aspects of the game. Our members have a simple common goal: successful raid progression. Members of Darkness Within are knowledgeable about and focused on end-game content, and have amassed vast experience as we have progressed over the years.
Firelands 25m - 3/7 Heroic
Firelands 10m - 6/7 Heroic
10/25 Progression Level Raids
Sun-Thurs - 11:59pm to 3:00am (CST) (Currently Monday-Thursday until 4.3)
Invites go out at 11:30pm, 1st Pull by Midnight
10 man Weekend Raiders
Fri-Mon - 6:00pm to 10:00pm (CST)
- We have completed and are continuing to clear many Achievements.
- Members run other instances on off-nights and before/after raids, including heroics, 10 man instances, PvP/arena groups, alt runs, etc.
Current Recruitment Levels - Low=L, Medium=M, High=H
Death Knight - DPS - M, (Exceptional MS Blood Tank/ OS DPS - H)
Druid - Balance - H, Resto - M, Feral Tank - L, Feral Cat - N/A
Hunter - M
Priest - Healer - H, Shadow - M
Rogue - M
Shaman - Elemental - M, Resto - L
Warlock - M (Non-Affliction Main Spec - H)
Warrior - M
Paladin - L (Holy/Ret or Ret/Holy)
Exceptional players will always be considered regardless, as they are often capable of focusing on a particular class or spec build that the guild could use, and are able to play it well. Additionally, other members are able to invest time in to making such a change to better suit their needs and the guild, because they want to earn their raid spot back because an exceptional player simply outperformed them at the time.
- Applicants should be prepared to start raiding immediately upon joining. Lockouts for raids reset for Tuesday's raid, this means the first Tuesday after you are added the raid roster, you should be on your main raid toon for the guild by 11:30 (CST), prepared to raid until 3. If you are unable to do this, its is your responsibility to let us know. It is not up to the guild to have to constantly determine your day to day availability. They all expect you to be here for them, just as you expect them to be here for you.
- We are currently recruiting for Cataclysm progression, applicants should have gear and experience suitable to the content. Experience with achievements/hard mode encounters in current (and older content, where applicable) is a must.
- Omen, Deadly Boss Mods, and a few class-specific mods depending on your role.
- Ability to attend all raid days on a regular basis, with little to no major recurring conflicts.
- Ventrilo, and a working mic. Listening and speaking (at least to convey time-sensitive raid information) are both required. When the raid starts pulling, you should be in the channel so that you can hear your raid group, if you are unsure as to where that is because you are new and there are multiple raids going on, whisper the raid leader or an officer. Ignorance is seldom a valid excuse for most anything in progression raiding.
- A good attitude towards raiding and other players. Members are expected to bring their "A game" to raids every night, not take excessive AFKs, follow instructions, pay attention, and be raid aware.
- A focus on progression. As a guild, our eyes are always on where we're going next, not where we've been. We move older content aside in favor of unkilled bosses and unfinished achievements, and push finished instances aside as soon as practical to leave more time for progression. If your goal is to farm old instances or "easy mode" bosses, this is not the guild for you.
- A sense of humor. We're rough around the edges, largely uncensored, and critical of each other. We make jokes at each other's expense, and give out constructive, but often blunt criticism when mistakes are made for the good of the raid. If you are easily offended by such things, you will not feel at home here. We are honest with each other for the good of the group.
- Courtesy of other players time. We do not use in game calendar or any other counterproductive in game method of scheduling regular raids. The Council has determined that some of the more casual guilds in their nature on our server even have players who show up ONLY for the raid instances and/or bosses that drop loot or have acievements that benefit them, and not the entirety of their guild. That is NOT how we do things in Darkness Within. Players that are raiders are expected to be on their mains before 11:30PM server time, if you know you can't do this on any given raid night, it is your responsibility to let the council member in charge of attendance records for your raid group know this information as soon as possible.
(example - logging in to vent intoxicated at 11:35PM to inform the guild that you can't raid that night and/or that you need to sleep and need to be up early the following day is not acceptable use of raid time. This does not count as an excuse as you have provided us no notice to make a suitable replacement, and although the effort to inform us was there, it does anyone little good after invite time. All that can be said is that it was "better than nothing". If we wanted "better than nothing" we would invite a pug to fill the 25th slot and recruit a replacement. We don't enjoy that. We are here to raid as a guild.)
After you submit an application on our website, we will contact you via in game mail within 1 week to either set up a time to discuss the application with you on Mumble or decline your application. If all things go well we will bring you into the guild for a trial period where we will evaluate your overall performance, skill, attitude, and attendance. At the end the 2 weeks, or slightly before or after depending on performance, presuming all goes well, you will be promoted to member status. Most trial members will be tested in some way before progression raiding, and may be brought into the 25 man progression run during their trial period for "sink or swim" type evaluation... be prepared! (More information on our trial periods can be found on our application in the link to "Guild Ranks")
Contact Information -
If you have any specific questions about the guild, the app process or anything not listed here, feel free to contact:
Shadow Council - Durlockozk (Recruitment)
Shadow Master (GM) - Setlo
Please do not contact other guild members simply to check the "status" of your application. If for some reason AFTER 1 week you have not received a response to your application, feel free to contact us in game. Note: We do raid invites at 11:30PM CST, whispering a member of the council or the GM to ask about your application during raid times is not likely to produce the desired response at that time
Thank you and good luck! =)