+ Reply to Thread

Thread: gear check please

gear check please

Can yall help me out, prot warr and just want to see if Im doin this right.

my armory is:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...orgasmo/simple

My main concerns are should I get more hit/exp?

I got the charge/rend/shockwave down, so no worries there i dont think. Ive tanked Shannox, Beth and Rylith.

Any advice or am I on the path to enlightenment?

Thank you in advance guys

Quote Originally Posted by worgasmo View Post
    My main concerns are should I get more hit/exp?
    No, you don't need hit or expertise for tanking so stick with the reforging that you're doing now. Gems are almost right, it should look like this.

Red: Parry/Mastery
    Yellow: Mastery
    Blue: Mastery/Stam

If you've got it, use the tanking cloak from the Thrall quest chain. Its itemized better than the rep cloak with Dodge/Mastery instead of Hit/Parry.

If you want to tweak your spec a bit, I'd personally dump Improved Revenge and put the points into Thunderstruck, you'll find that you get more out of the increased damage to Cleave, Rend, Thunder Clap and Shockwave.

Not bad though, you've got the right idea. Stay tuned for the others to share their thoughts as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggathon View Post
    Sounds like the guy who ran in front of the train had an even worse week than you guys did.

Looks alright for the most part few small things:
    - get the head enchant
    - replace the dodge & dodge/stamina gems with mastery & mastery/stamina gems
    - get exalted with therazane and get the good shoulder enchant
    - Mirror trinket from tol barad is nice for baleroc and raggy if you don't have that one yet

Don't need any hit or expertise, only for alyzrasor 24 expertise(have a few pieces that you switch in for that fight) is helpfull but thats just for dps not threat.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbad View Post

Don't need any hit or expertise, only for alyzrasor 24 expertise(have a few pieces that you switch in for that fight) is helpfull but thats just for dps not threat.
    Even then a tight rotation will be enough to get the birds down in time, on HC you may want to take a couple of ticks of brush fire just to up your vengeance a little before the bird hatches, but you can quite easily kill them in full tanking gear with ~7 expertise

Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    Even then a tight rotation will be enough to get the birds down in time, on HC you may want to take a couple of ticks of brush fire just to up your vengeance a little before the bird hatches, but you can quite easily kill them in full tanking gear with ~7 expertise
    I can pump out 100-115k on that chicken without using Reck with a 379 iLvL with 3 exp/2.5 hit. The trick is to time you SB with Inner Rage.

Umm, as to spec, IF he intends to raid in 4.3 which isn't far out, I'd keep Imp rev since his Tier 13 2 set is going to buff Rev damage. Idk what the numbers are looking like on PTR but I'm thinking this might become a popular trend.

As to original post, you're looking good as is except for the 3 Flashing Inferno Ruby's, those should be Fine Ember Topaz. Also I think you could stand to lose a little more Dodge rating to Parry. Currently they're about 230 pts apart, i'd stretch it to a difference of about 350 or so for HTL purposes. But that's my personal preference, not a must.
    Last edited by Gregasaurous; 11-21-2011 at 06:42 PM.

Revenge damage buff, What?

Protection, 2P -- Your Revenge ability now also grants a physical absorption shield equal to 20% of the damage done by Revenge on it's primary target.

I can't see where you're seeing a buff to rev's damage.

+ Reply to Thread