+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Not enough dps

Not enough dps

Hi all,

After a year break of playing wow I started to play again and started focusing more on tanking. I find it really hard to keep the aggro, especially when tanking multiple mobs. I most of the time enter with a charge, thunderclap, shockwave and then use shield slams and revenge but still the moment some dps'er hits a mob i haven't shield slammed of revenged in a moment he pulls it off of me. The link to my char is:

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...loeus/advanced

They also tell my my dps is very low so with the little knowledge I have of tanking there must be something really off with my gear. I would appreciate your feedback on what I'm doing wrong gear/glyph/talent wise.

Thanks in advance,

Aloeus/Danny

You're only lvl 81 and people are complaining? It will get better as you gear up. For now change your spec a bit; Impending Victory is not that great and Blood Craze just isn't worth it. I personally go down the Arms tree and take War Academy and then Deep Wounds. Last Stand and Shield Specialization are also must haves. The glyph of blade storm isn't doing you any good as Protection.

What people need to understand about threat is that while threat has been buffed, aggro still applies, if dps hit a mob you're not hitting they will pull them. Basically, Charge, Rend, Thunderclap, and spread the shield slams around. As for dps, you're a tank you're there to get hit in the face not kill things fast.

This is my warrior, I've kind of put her aside these days (with 7 85s it's hard to keep them all geared), but the spec and glyphs are very standard.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...talent/primary

Hi thanks for the quick reply. I've changed my glyphs and talents as to your advice so I'll check this out for a while now Must be a good starting point!

Not enough dps

Pay close to the rotation that theotherone has said to use charge, rend and thunderclaps first in that order then they will find it harder to pull off u simply from the dot

It really makes a difference the rotation. Goes much better now thanks!

Nobody mentioned the obvious part: cleave. It's regulary my highest damage contributor on multi target fights (well unless spreading rend to a near unlimited amount of mobs like whelps on Onyxia..). Combined with Inner Rage you can use it every 1.5 and it's not on the global cooldown. For single target you'll want to use heroic strike instead, with the incite talent it's also my strongest contributor to my overall damage. Important for the usage of both: watch your rage! You don't want to starve yourself and find in a spot unable to maintain your regular "rotation".

Buy a ZA 353 weapon the second you ding 85 (should be way less then 500g) and you'll notice a huge jump in your cleave's damage. Until then you might have a hard time getting neat upgrades outside of dungeons or the auction house.

^ Yeah I completely forgot about Cleave until I looked at my glyphs after I posted and said "oh yeah, Cleave" DOH!

Quote Originally Posted by klausi View Post
    Buy a ZA 353 weapon the second you ding 85 (should be way less then 500g) and you'll notice a huge jump in your cleave's damage. Until then you might have a hard time getting neat upgrades outside of dungeons or the auction house.
    Do you mean Rend? Cleave doesn't scale off weapon in Cata, its 45%AP+6 damage, Rend mean while does scale off weapon damage.

Hi all,

Just got lvl85 a couple of days ago. Don't know if I should continue this thread or start a new so I'll just continue here as the title would be still the same I just started doing heroics and I must say its pretty hard. I've been able to do finish Lost City of the Tol'Vir but the others are a pain in the ass :s. Many ppl say I'm underspecced and that I do too little DPS (It's just above 10k) So Maybe you guys have any advice on what dungeons to do/If I should balance out my specs more or maybe something else?
    My rotations are
    Single Mob: Charge/SS/Cleave/Rev/Dev and more of those. In case of excess rage I use SB/Concussion Blow/Heroic Strike and Slam.
    AoE: Charge/Rend/TC/SW then do SS and Rev on different mobs.

I btw always go in pugs...

Thanks in advance

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...loeus/advanced

Spec looks fine. you want to be blowing SB on CD any time you have something beating on you. CB isn't a rage dump, its actually one of your better threat abilities due to it's baked in threat. you shouldn't be using cleave on single target (replace it with heroic strike) and you shouldn't be using Slam at all, anywhere, take it off your bars, Devastates better. You should be using rend on single targets too, I gave a general single target rotation on the last page of the cataclysm protection warrior spreadhseet thread.

+ Reply to Thread