+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Prot warrior gear.

Prot warrior gear.

So the last few weeks I have got a fair bit of new gear from raiding firelands and valor points. I have been looking for a warrior BiS list for protection spec but with no avail I cannot find one outside of wowbestinslot.com. Right now we are just farming reg firelands and I think in a week or two will be starting heroic modes. Now I dont really know what to think of that website as it has an agility cloak for one of the best pieces. I guess I am just wondering if I am heading in the right direction with my gear is all and what pieces should I be looking to replace. Here is my armory link http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Dmn/advanced

* forgot to add I am working on valor for the necklace, and thrown weapon. Also I soon should be revered with Avengers of Hyjal and will be getting the the mastery trinket and the tanking trinket.
    Last edited by Varitus; 11-14-2011 at 03:14 PM.

Right so as Plate Tanks we are all about Mastery and we really don't care about strength, its gives AP and a little parry, Stam also gives AP via vengeance and to be honest threat's a joke, so we only care about 27% of strength we take as parry rating. which isn't a great consideration next to mastery. There isn't a comparable 391 strength cloak, there isn't another cloak with 2 gem sockets. the only other cloak that can have anywhere as much Mastery on it is the 384 Int cloak from sinestra, but that's 40 Stam behind the Agi cloak. Wearing an agi cloak doesn't break our Plate specialization bonus.

As to you going in the right direction...you've got a hit gem. Shouldn't need that, and you Parry/dodge rating is off, there's a reforge thread somewhere about. the spec looks a little odd (gag order? not maxing Incite?)

Looks pretty solid to me, some minor things:
    boots - lavawalker instead of earthen vitality (if you can afford it grab a crafter for the 378 ones, they're BiS)
    gloves - fine ember topaz instead of that demonseye
    purchase vp-ring before necklace and thrown slot, it's BiS.
    reforging: try keeping dodge and parry closer together (shield, weapon and shoulder hit to dodge, unforge cloak). Parry is slightly better due to the Hold the Line talent but you'll gain additional parry rating via Kings buff and Battle shout while your dodge rating remain untouched (excluding windwalk proccs). When you've picked up those trinkets next id reforge your helmet from parry to dodge as well.
    specc: drop gag order to pick up incite, it's on of your strongest single target talents. Either get 2/2 thunderstruck or cruelty, it's a preference thingy.

Quote Originally Posted by Varitus View Post
    Also I soon should be revered with Avengers of Hyjal and will be getting the the mastery trinket and the tanking trinket.
    Well both are better than your actual ones but i'd work on your Tol Barad reputation. Sadly Mirror of the Broken Images (ilvl 359, bunch of mastery and 400 resistance on use for 10s, 60s cd) will remain your BiS trinket for this addon on all fights with magical bursts.

Alright thanks for the help!!

+ Reply to Thread