+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Paladin prot tank need advice for gear, caps and etc.

Paladin prot tank need advice for gear, caps and etc.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/nordrassil/Suluta/simple

G
    etting into raiding tommorow night, my first run since icecrown citadel, so i have some experiences in raiding from past expansions )

I have some questions tho, what are the caps i should reach on the different stacks?
    And to reforging, am i doing the correct things? Hit -> mastery, and stuff like that?

each time i join a zg/za all i hear is "OMFG ZE NOOB TROLLEZ TANK" "FAIL GEARED TANK ES NUMERO UNO FAIL" and stuff like that )
    But is my gear really that bad for za/zg? i mean, it's not firelands ready, but..?

(I know i can get better shoulders from ZA, they just won't drop for me )

Before I post any advice, read my guide (linked in my signature) and see if you can answer any of your questions by yourself

I don't get the whole thing about secondary stats. If i add my dodge+parry+mastery, and it gives 104.5%-ish, i have enough? and should focus on hit/expertise :O?

No, you add your dodge, parry, block and miss (which is always 5%).

So your combined avoidance and block is:

14.69% (dodge) + 14.07% (parry) + 48.05% (block) + 5% (miss) = 81.81%

As for hit and expertise: Completely ignore them; if they are on a piece of gear, reforge them away to dodge, parry or mastery.

Paladin prot tank need advice for gear, caps and etc.

I have not been able to armory you (at work ATM) but your block seems very low for your dodge/parry. My dodge/parry are at 14% each and my block is 68%.

There are two typical ways I see that happen. Gemming+reforging for dodge/parry when you could be getting mastery OR going for highest item level instead of best gear. Get an addon called ratings buster. It will let you compare the overall combat table coverage difference in gear before you roll/buy it. For instance, the rep belt vs the crafted. You would see that the 359 is better than the 378 because the dodge/parry gains are not as much as the block loss.
    "he doens't need healing, he doesn't need healing, he doesn't nee-WHAOSHIT!wtf was that man!". Please stop leaning on TDR. -Teng

+ Reply to Thread