+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Leveling Fury, and advice other than "Go arms"?

Leveling Fury, and advice other than "Go arms"?

I figure after reading a hundred and three posts about the class between here and Arena Junkies (for eventual off spec), I'm fairly sure I know how to handle it. Just curious since I can't find a current leveling guide anywhere.

Things I've noticed (between questing and dungeon breaks) -

I tank more than the tank, especially when a druid queues as tank and runs cat.

Rage is totally a non-issue until execution-spam for a boss kill.

I really miss the Blood and Thunder prot talent for when I facepull while questing.

Everything dies REALLY fast except for bosses. They just die KINDA fast.

Is there anything I should keep my eyes open for, in terms of gear? Everything I have on is str/stam with a few points in hit and a few in crit, and I have the heirloom shoulders/chest DPS (WG shoulders) pieces. Haven't even seen an expertise drop yet. Also, my spec, I'm basically built for rapid killing, no survivability talents at all except piercing howl which I took since humanoids run away and I might not have gotten rend refreshed in time to kill it.

Things I know I need:
    5% Hit from rating (Got 3% from talents and anything above 8% total is basically for white damage)
    26/26 expertise on the character sheet to avoid from-behind dodges. Might stay slightly below cap if it's worth it for Overpower?
    Fury seems to benefit like crazy from crit at higher levels? Is there a plateau to aim for once I start gearing at 85, or just stack it on a slightly lower stat weight than strength which is obviously going to be my bread and butter?
    Fury master at 80 - Worth reforging into? Or reforge out of it?
    I'm way better at holding my liquor than a panda.

When you're leveling, while Hit is still helpful it won't make or break you. You aren't out there fighting raid bosses and while you can get a quest to kill something 3-4 levels higher than yourself you do not need to necessarily do these quests the moment they are first available to you.

You're trying to apply logic of a level capped player to that of a player at N level when they will be N+1 level in a matter of hours. The reason their typically isn't much in the form of leveling guides is largely because of this. If someone tells you how to play at level 40, what good does that do you when you are level 41? You're thinking too much about something your present situation when your situation (level) changes rapidly until you are level capped. What good does it do you to spend 6 hours theorycrafting a level that you level out of in 4 hours?
    Last edited by Quinafoi; 11-09-2011 at 10:44 PM.
    "In anything, if you want to go from just a beginner to a pro, you need a montage." /w TankSpot WTB Montage for Raiders.

I agree with both points you made (Including already thinking endgame). So basically when I look at gear, if it screams "Mobs die faster" take it. Same with talents. This seems to be the "lowest common denominator" in what you said. I appreciate the big fancy words response, but the way my mind translates it boils down to "If it kills faster, it's good. Run with that."
    I'm way better at holding my liquor than a panda.

+ Reply to Thread