+ Reply to Thread

Thread: MoP talents and pvp

MoP talents and pvp

It just occurred to me, but doesn't the new MoP talent system "fix" the problem for 10m raiders needing an OS but wanting/needing a pvp spec too?

Not sure if there will be a mat/cost associated with changing talents but as long as that's not too prohibitive, you could use switch to raid talents when you zone in and back to pvp talents before zoning out.

Assuming that's correct, is there a chance this helps balance world pvp?
    "he doens't need healing, he doesn't need healing, he doesn't nee-WHAOSHIT!wtf was that man!". Please stop leaning on TDR. -Teng

You can't balance a game around pvp and pve at once. WoW has a focus on pve and everytime they change something there's another FOTM class around for at least half a season. Take Guildwars on the other hand for example, they focus on pvp balance and don't care for being "op" in pve at all, just because of the lack of real endgame there.

But your idea is right, it will help giving us a better shot at both pve and pvp when their visions ("you can change talents just as you can change glyphs in cata") goes live. But without tri- (all hybrids) and quadspecc (a 4th talent tree for druids) you'll still see a lot of people complaining.

IMO, it's pretty hard, almost murdertrying, to balace between both PvP and PvE at the same time.
    wow sidekick---safely getting decent gears

I read on MMOChamp that changing talents is going to have a Dust of Respec type thing associated with it. That tells me that if you want the short cd charge instead of Double Time for example, you only have to change that tier rather than reset your whole panel.
    I'm way better at holding my liquor than a panda.

MoP talents and pvp

With dust of disappearance being 8g each...multiplied by how often I would WANT to change...this could get expensive. I really hope the mats cost less than DoD.
    "he doens't need healing, he doesn't need healing, he doesn't nee-WHAOSHIT!wtf was that man!". Please stop leaning on TDR. -Teng

Yeah, that could be really troublesome. I doubt it will be cheaper though.
    I'm way better at holding my liquor than a panda.

Quote Originally Posted by CarrieWeir View Post
    IMO, it's pretty hard, almost murdertrying, to balace between both PvP and PvE at the same time.
    Blizzard is not aiming for Balance, was never, and will never. The imbalance is what Blizzard thinks, and maybe they are right, what keeps the Users going, switching, changing, testing, farming, restarting and twinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkaro View Post
    Blizzard is not aiming for Balance, was never, and will never. The imbalance is what Blizzard thinks, and maybe they are right, what keeps the Users going, switching, changing, testing, farming, restarting and twinking.
    Imbalance creates controversy which in turn generates interest and player passion.

No one tanks in a void.........

+ Reply to Thread