+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Need help on choice

Need help on choice

What do you think would be better dk or bear, i am looking at getting into tanking mainly did dps

What would you pick an why ?

What are pro and cons?

Any advice is greatly appreciated

Thanks for the help

Whatever one you would rather play.

Although to be honest if you plan on getting into any sort of dedicated raiding, I wouldn't bother with DK until 5.0.

Well to be honest there is not a abundance of tanks on my server lol so either or could suffice, i just cant decide lol

I mainly pvp'ed as feral and unhol an i have full ruth so i am decent with both.

Just looking for some insight one way or the other

Gear both up as tank, once you get a feel for both of them carry on with the one you prefer.

Need help on choice

Agree with Teng.

I have to say that full Ruth doesn't mean much in pve and it would bode well to remember that. I have seen pvp geared dps rock the meters...and I saw two consecutive (we kicked the first) Ruthless rets in ZA who couldn't break 5k.

Also, tanking tends to be a totally different mindset. Pvp gear really doesn't work as a filler for tanking. The pvp awareness should serve you well but group awareness and dungeon knowledge and tricks you pick up over time all come into play.
    "he doens't need healing, he doesn't need healing, he doesn't nee-WHAOSHIT!wtf was that man!". Please stop leaning on TDR. -Teng

Re: Need help on choice

Actually, as fear as feral tabling us concerned, ruthless gear is the best gear you can get outside of FL. Its 30 item levels higher than za/zg gear. For bears, agility armor and stamina are king, and they only come with higher item levels. Gemmed and reforged properly, a full ruthless feral is pretty well equipped.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Need help on choice

Pardon my oversite...ferals value agility enough that pvp gear does often do well enough for a filler. However, having half your secondary stats wasted does still have a significant impact.
    "he doens't need healing, he doesn't need healing, he doesn't nee-WHAOSHIT!wtf was that man!". Please stop leaning on TDR. -Teng

Also, comparing the play styles of (assumed) cat and unholy to bear and blood is like comparing apples to freight trains. Get a good feel for both, and run with the one you like better. I prefer my DK, but that's only because my bear's still a cub. At 85, things might be a ton more fun. Who knows?
    I'm way better at holding my liquor than a panda.

I'm having a blast on my druid teddy bear, there is something charming about charging at something and mauling its face off

I always enjoy a lot with my bear. I used to play both of them and then figured out that bear is much better for me.
    wow sidekick---safely getting decent gears

+ Reply to Thread