+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Disc healer need helps

Disc healer need helps

ok so im speced in to atonement i dnt fine it odd or sumthing i like it cuz it fun but is it any good should just spec out of it or keep im 7/7 prenerd and 3/7H and have had any probs with it but when i apply to a guild they have a cry about it so should i spec out of it or keep it

Why would any guild have an issue with an Atonement Spec? If they do, then they have no clue how to play a Disc Priest.

Quote Originally Posted by Theotherone View Post
    Why would any guild have an issue with an Atonement Spec? If they do, then they have no clue how to play a Disc Priest.
    Because the SoS spec is better for tank healing, and - at least in my guild - Disc Priests are typically tank healers.

That's not to say you can't tank heal as Atonement. SoS is just incredible at it, roughly doubling your PW:S count.

Oh, and not to be snarky, but the OP should look into a punctuation spec.

I heal as Disc and love Attonement Spec, I wouldn't go back. No reason you can't spec into SoS in an Attonement Spec. I do and don't have any issues.http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...lent/secondary

You're right, the "Atonement Spec" is actually only 5 points out of the whole tree, and you can take SoS with it. You just can't take ToT or Veiled Shadows if you pick up SoS with Atonement, and those are part of the tank healing package.

i dnt just tank heal that the thing i raid heal and tank heal that why io dnt get the cry cuz im speced in to it

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...talent/primary my tree i dnt see anythign wrong wit it

The issue is trying to raid heal as Disc. It's not easy or optimal, just not enough aoe heals that can get a raid up quickly. Also, Renew is to weak a HoT as Disc.For Disc I prefer Inspiration over ToT.

ummm i raid heal better then u think everyone need to stop think disc is only a tank heal dude i think i no more then u cuz i helpped u out the other day i was asking if i should change or not not how to heal

If you raid heal fine than why are you asking for help?

I also said Disc is neither optimal nor easy to raid heal with, I NEVER said it could not be done. But since you know more than me and you helped me out; which I don't recall, which is surprising, since you have a unique manner with the English language, especially its spelling and punctuation, I'll leave it to others to help you if they wish.

Good luck

i also play the atonment spec in 25hm. in fact, the only boss i spec holy for, is ragg hm (didnt kill him yet), in t11 content it was only atramedes for body&soul and alakir.
    you can play proactive and smite the hell out of bosses instead of just reacting on players taking damage. and since atonment is a smart-cast, any melee will benefit from it. in hard-dmg-phases, you use archangel (bonus-heal is really worth it, especially combined with pi) and spam poh, like any other priest
    if you do it right, there should be no other healspec, that could ever top you on numbers in fights like halfus or majordomo. in my opinion, every raid should have at least one smite-priest!!

my spec, if anyone is interested
    Last edited by tekkinator; 11-03-2011 at 09:05 AM.

In 25man fights with raid-wide damage and a stacked raid (ie. the type of fight for which you need good raid healing throughput), stacked AoE healing circles on the ground are just sooooo good. Unless you have a shortage of circles in the raid, and a surplus of Holy Paladins, Disc is better off using it's strengths as a tank healer. Also, the nature of most firelands encounters places a heavy emphasis on tank healing, especially Shannox, Baleroc, Alysrazor, and Ragnaros. For fights where tank healing is not as important, spreading DA around the raid with PoH is a great way to prevent any spike damage deaths. PW:S can be a life-saver when somebody in the raid fails at a mechanic, buying enough time for the other healer's spells to land.

This is where I am typically assigned for each heroic firelands encounter:

Shannox - Healing a Warrior tanking Riplimb. Lifegrip on the first spear and whenever it's up after that.
    Rhyolith - Healing the spark tank. (Phase 2) Raid healing with PoH.
    Alysrazor - Healing a hatchling tank. (After Burn Phase) Raid healing with PoH.
    Beth'Tilac - Soaking the right hole, usually with a DK partner. (Phase 2) Raid healing with PoH.
    Baleroc - Stacking vital spark on the first two crystals, using a shadow priest to take all 25 stacks and popping lust, I get to 70+ stacks, then switch to the tank full-time.
    Majordomo - We don't do scorpion phase stacked, using a Prot Pally to eat one scythe whenever his cooldown is available, and spreading immeadiately afterwards. As a result, I'm mostly DPSing for this fight, with the exception of orb phase. The Atonement spec is ideal for a combination of DPS and orb healing, but often we have enough healers that I can just go Shadow, so I keep that as my offspec.
    Ragnaros - The only heroic fight we've yet to down, but I tank heal this one. I'd share more insight but attendance issues have prevented us from getting many attempts on him the last few weeks.

like i said im not healign back im asking if the should spec out of it since other guilds are bitching about it i no how to heal i healer H rhy and i was raid healing it way the paly tank healed i no wat im goin im just asking the spec noit how i heal pplz need to learn to read

in domo i pull over 35k hps and the opther healer at liek 12 so i doing it right just wanna no if i should spec out of atonment that all i wanted to no

why should you spec out of a/aa when you are performing well, and having fun with this mechanic? thats not logical!
    i can't imagine any raidleader, dropping an application just because of the a/aa spec, that would be really, really dumb!

you should however consider, picking inspiration! for tank healing these are the 2 most valuable tanlent points (10% less dmg with almost 100% uptime, think about it, should be a no-brainer!)

35k hps, I don't think so. Smells like troll in here.

Well, if this is a person trolling people then the thread should be locked or deleted I would say. If its not, then the OP needs to understand his question was answered, maybe just not how he wanted. Not all answers are yes or no, alyesia. Your answer is Atonement spec is fine to use, but it is situational when it does the most healing or works the best. It can be used for most boss fights, but it is not always the most optimal spec for healing due to one issue or another. (IE Ragnaros hit box being so big and it not really healing people) As to whether disc can raid heal or tank heal only, it can do both. But as others have stated it is not the most optimal for raid healing, it can do it and do it ok but that requires the priest to understand what they are doing. Whether you want to accept though is Discpline tree and spells have a strong single target role, can do tank healing very well if played right.

Quote Originally Posted by Theotherone View Post
    35k hps, I don't think so. Smells like troll in here.
    Well, I'm #122 on World of Logs for Heroic Baleroc at 47k, and Recount typically shows me at ~57k, so that's not an unrealistic number. [EDIT: NVM! he said Domo, not Baleroc. I have no comparison to make there since I've never done the fight as Atonement, but the buff on heroic makes it possible. The other healers would naturally be lower because of their time spent DPSing.]

However...

Quote Originally Posted by alyeisa
    pplz need to learn to read
    That reeks of troll.
    Last edited by NewfieDave; 11-04-2011 at 12:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NewfieDave View Post
    Well, I'm #122 on World of Logs for Heroic Baleroc at 47k, and Recount typically shows me at ~57k, so that's not an unrealistic number. [EDIT: NVM! he said Domo, not Baleroc. I have no comparison to make there since I've never done the fight as Atonement, but the buff on heroic makes it possible. The other healers would naturally be lower because of their time spent DPSing.]

However...

That reeks of troll.
    Yeah I didn't notice the Domo; that's doable in H Domo if you keep the buff up, but keeping the buff up is the issue. My Pally can spike close to that, but we do run in and out.

+ Reply to Thread