+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Where to get started - New to PvP - details inside!

Where to get started - New to PvP - details inside!

Hey Everyone! I am new to WoW and PvP, and I'm wondering where I can go to learn about it. Are there good videos that you could link me? Are there guides? I really appreciate as many people's advice as possible! What specifically helped you get better when you were up and coming if you are good?

If you are still in the learning process, what tools are you using to help you along?

Thank you all so much, I'm eagerly awaiting your reply

well it helps to know what class/profession you want to be, and how you want to start, do you want to mostly do bgs for fun? rated bgs for seriousness, arenas? 2v2s, 3v3s? 5v5s? They make a difference. Mostly learn to keybind everything important because in a pvp scenario you cannot and will not have the time to click things. Also, don't get too frustrated, the game isn't balanced per say, so you will encounter dumb matchups that will frustrate you but nothing is unbeatable.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

I was trying to find some videos or links for you when I read your post but I couldn't find any information about your character or class in your post, so it's hard for me to share something with you. Why don't you give more info if possible?
    wow sidekick---safely getting decent gears

arenajunkies.com is an amazing resource for finding out about PvP, I would strongly recommend checking it out.

It basically boils down to:

Learn your keybinds
    Learn what you are susceptible to - which forms of CC can you get out of, which classes do you really need to watch out for etc.
    Learn your class' strengths - what can you do to make the opponent's life as hard as possible?
    Get resilience gear. Healers should have more than 3500, everybody else at least 3000 in my opinion. You can exchange Valor Points to Conquest for the 384 gear and Justice Points to Honor for the 371 gear.
    Play as much PvP as you can so that you don't panic when something goes wrong.

I disagree TO AN EXTENT with Fetzie's last statement. Stupid panic can be a huge issue. HOWEVER, if you can harness the heightened awareness and use that effectively, by all means freak out!

Also, if you plan to do arenas, you can do so at level 70 so that when you hit level cap, you essentially know what you're doing in which arena. Where the LOS zones are to stop casters or potentially screw yourself by not catching a desperately needed heal, stuff like that. Also, they're just plain fun!! If you can find a like-minded individual to level with, PVP with, it's a blast. Just make sure you stay the same level or you won't be able to queue together for arena games.
    I'm way better at holding my liquor than a panda.

Where to get started - New to PvP - details inside!

Heh-heh. Heh-heh. Charon wants to harness you. I knew he was a little off.

/jk
    =)
    "he doens't need healing, he doesn't need healing, he doesn't nee-WHAOSHIT!wtf was that man!". Please stop leaning on TDR. -Teng

A little? I'm sad you underestimate me so badly! Seriously, there's a lot to be said for the gains of "oh crap" moments as long as you use your wits instead of losing them.

Besides, there's nothing wrong with bondage unless I leave her in the closet for a week. That hasn't happened in MONTHS! XD
    I'm way better at holding my liquor than a panda.

+ Reply to Thread