+ Reply to Thread

Thread: pvp weapon or gear first?

pvp weapon or gear first?

so ive been honor capped for a while now and when i checked i think i had enough honor for the season for some of the pvp gear.but im wonderin if its better to just keep farmin honor until i get enough honor for the season for the weapon first

http://www.wowhead.com/item=61326

thats the weapon i was plannin on gettin.oh ya,im a arms warrior

First you will get maxed at 4000 honor. I have no idea what pvp gear you already have but so you know most people start by getting all the honor gear(season 9 stuff). By doing BH and getting conquest gear you should try and get all season 10 stuff including the weapon. Most people at this point already are all season 10 geared and only use honor to get enchanting matts. Season 11 is soon so if you are serious about pvp you should spend that honor on gear and grind out more honor.

I have no idea what pvp gear you already have but so you know most people start by getting all the honor gear(season 9 stuff).
    i dont have any pvp gear,just hit 85 yesterday but i was thinkin about buyin the honor pvp gear.wasnt sure if its worth savin for the weapon first or just going ahead and getting the gear
    Last edited by PimpJuice4; 11-09-2011 at 10:35 AM.

pvp weapon or gear first?

The weapon is locked behind the requirement to earn 7200 honor for the season before you are allowed to buy it. If you have earned that and maybe spent it on lvl 70 gear, then yes, it's a good first buy. If not, the 7200 requirement will mean you have a majority of your gear before you can buy the weapon.
    "he doens't need healing, he doesn't need healing, he doesn't nee-WHAOSHIT!wtf was that man!". Please stop leaning on TDR. -Teng

Get gear.

You with resilience > you without resilience. Once you spend about .... oh, say 4400 honor on a couple nice pieces, you'll notice a difference in your survival in bg's/pvp. As you gain more resilience you'll be able to help contribute to the wins better and hopefully, win more. Winning more = more honor.

And please consider... what is the real advantage to a pvp weapon vice a pve weapon for pvp purposes? I still use a pve weapon for most of my toons because there's about a 10 point difference on the primary stat and a small loss of resilience.... which I have made up the difference on by getting a belt or bracers and slapping a buckle on.

In short. Weapon is just for show.
    The gear is what makes a difference.

No one tanks in a void.........

you'll notice a difference in your survival in bg's/pvp
    ya,i know when i did a bg yesterday i was getting stomped but i figured it was because i just hit 85 and was in 3/4 quest greens plus heirlooms.i guess ill just see if i have enough honor for the season to buy some of the pvp gear and go ahead and get some

and i guess the arena season is ending next week,guess that means maybe i should buy stuff if i can get it before the honor for the season resets or whatever
    Last edited by PimpJuice4; 11-09-2011 at 11:26 AM.

gear first, cheaper, get more for your money in the long run, weapons can be made due with pve weapons until later. warriors in particular will see huge boosts from weapon upgrades, but survival is more important than burst it seems nowadays.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Kind of moot, you have to grind out a bunch of honor before you can buy a weapon anyway. Just snag some gear first.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity View Post
    Kind of moot, you have to grind out a bunch of honor before you can buy a weapon anyway. Just snag some gear first.
    ya,i just figured since its like 3500 honor or whatever for the weapon instead of buying some gear and having to grind up the honor again i could just wait and get the weapon first

but i guess if i could get a za/zg weapon and it would be good then i might just do that and get some pvp gear first.i know my item lvl really isnt high enough for za/zg yet anyway but i figured that because i just hit 85 yesterday
    Last edited by PimpJuice4; 11-09-2011 at 03:38 PM.

oh and instead of making another topic(since i had enough honor for the shoulders and helm i went ahead and got them)what do arms warriors gem in pvp.cuz i cant really find any good updated arms pvp guides

i went ahead and bought the shoulders and helm but there not gemmed or enchanted yet.was just wonderin

Quote Originally Posted by PimpJuice4 View Post
    oh and instead of making another topic(since i had enough honor for the shoulders and helm i went ahead and got them)what do arms warriors gem in pvp.cuz i cant really find any good updated arms pvp guides

i went ahead and bought the shoulders and helm but there not gemmed or enchanted yet.was just wonderin
    You're nuking this man.
    What does a warrior always want? Strength! It's not completely different from PvE gearing. You want strength. Crit is nice because you want burst damage. Resilience will boost your effective survival plenty (2k is worth around 18% damage reduction), and the bang for the buck for stam just isn't there.

Weight out the stat bonus from a gem slot. Is it something gimpy like haste? Then gem straight strength. If it's resilience or strength, it may be worth grabbing a combo gem like str/crit.
    No one tanks in a void.........

Get gear with your honor first and keep farmin as much honor as possible for next Season.
    wow sidekick---safely getting decent gears

+ Reply to Thread