+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Where to get started - New to WoW and PvP

Where to get started - New to WoW and PvP

Hey Everyone! I am new to WoW and PvP, and I'm wondering where I can go to learn about it. Are there good videos that you could link me? Are there guides? I really appreciate as many people's advice as possible! What specifically helped you get better when you were up and coming if you are good?

If you are still in the learning process, what tools are you using to help you along?

Thank you all so much, I'm eagerly awaiting your reply

Well, knowing what class you are would help. I know arenajunkies.com has a lot of handy stuff for pvp and can teach you the basics of most classes.
    [Today 06:48 PM] Ion:swimming in a natural body of water ISN'T acceptable...it's momentarily tolerable

Thanks! That does look like a handy site. Is there any other site out there like this. Are there videos, guides, or just anything I should know while I dive into PvP?

Re: Where to get started - New to WoW and PvP

Arenajunkies is good but can be a bit over-whelming at times for newer players. You might take a look at skill-capped.com also. They are the best players in the world there, and there are tons of amazing videos and articles to really help you learn. ONE THING I HAVE TO STRESS IS TO NOT GET DISCOURAGED. Pvp is the hardest thing in this game to fully master, because it's the only thing that changes every single time. If you are doing arenas, expect to lose quite a few games while you figure it out, and aim for a rating increase of 50-100 rating a week, until you get around 2k. It'll slow down then. Most importantly, have fun with it. If you aren't having fun stop playing instantly, because you will do worse with a poor attitude. GOOD LUCK!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Learn how your class should handle every other class and certain compositions, ie dont let a priest mana burn your holy pala etc etc. it takes time but there are certain ways to handle every composition of team you will come up against. Knowing this will improve your chances greatly

Make sure you are on a PvP server. Create characters with different classes so you get a feel for how you want to play. Carefully read the tooltips for all of your abilities. Take the time to keybind your spells and abilities in a way that works for you. Queue for Battlegrounds while you level up. Google the different Battlegrounds and come to understand how they are supposed to be played.

We can't give you specific advise until we know what class you are, but if you join a guild dedicated to PvP, the people there should be able to get you started.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JWokizUnDc

Yeah, knowing the class(es) you intend to play would help tons. Without that knowledge, I'd say go Rogue, stunlock everything and make liberal use of Vanish. Brutal, effective, and annoying. Gotta love it.
    I'm way better at holding my liquor than a panda.

+ Reply to Thread