+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tank advice: 10man normal Rag

Tank advice: 10man normal Rag

Hey guys, I know this might sound stupid but I've recently had a bunch of old-time friends from Vanilla recently come back to the game. They raid 2 nights a week and I come help heal on the second night when we are working on Rag. Well unfortunately we have been unable to get him down. Of course most of these guys have just seen the fight and are really undergeared so it's to be expected.

We are 2 healing it and it's pretty easy so far (resto druid, and resto shaman). One problem is our tanks seem to be taking quiet a lot of dmg despite taunting off every 3 stacks and the shaman has trouble keeping them up by himself.

I just wanted you guys to check out their gearing/forging/gems/specs/etc. and see if maybe they can change anything to make healing them easier. Well here they are:

Bear Druid:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...asker/advanced

Prot Warrior:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/detheroc/Jüsched/advanced

Edit: I'm thinking maybe they should pick up mirror of broken images as an additional cooldown maybe?
    Last edited by Speaker; 10-31-2011 at 09:28 AM.

I've no experience with bears so I'll leave him alone, I can give you the canned response on Protection Warriors with a dash of insight though.

Gemming is a little off, RED = Fine Ember Topaz YELLOW = Fractured Amberjewel BLUE = Puissant Dream Emerald META = Eternal Shadowspirit Diamond that should bump up his Mastery a bit and smooth out some damage intake. On that note, as you suggested, replacing the Scales of Life trinket with the Mirror of Broken Images would not only increase Mastery some more but give them an excellent cooldown to handle that fire DoT from Ragnaros.

I'm sure other folks will also point out that the talents Blood Craze and Impending Victory are not as amazing as they look, he could ditch them in favor of points in Incite and Deep Wounds to bump up his damage and threat.

The adds (all of them, not just Sons of Flame) are susceptible to stuns, so that can help reduce some damage during phase 2 (Molten Elementals) and the 2nd transition (Lava Scions). Shockwave to your heart's content!

Multitasker, the Druid, should have the attack speed debuff covered on Ragnaros at all times, but make sure one of the two tanks is covering the Attack Power debuff.

Basic stuff off the top of my head, I'm sure some of the other more mathy folks here will have more suggestions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggathon View Post
    Sounds like the guy who ran in front of the train had an even worse week than you guys did.

OK, I also know very little about druids, but from what i do know he appears to be doing ok. His chest hasn't been reforged yet though.

Your warrior should actually be taking care of attack speed debuff (I believe the TC debuff is what Outback was referring to.) since he has talents spec'ed that go along with TC. As stated above Blood Craze and Impending victory are ugly, I would also consider dropping either Imp Rev or Thunderstruck so he can finish up Shield Spec and have Deep Wounds and Incite full. Now with those 3 talents he can actually do some nice burst dps. Whenever he uses SB he can use Inner Rage (halves the cd of HS) and just spam HS along with Devastate looking for SS procs. I know it shouldn't matter cause, he's a tank, but welcome to Cata where tanks are un-glorified DPS meatsheilds.

Ok, i have no idea why he's using the weapon he's using. I believe that's one of the 365 craftables, but if he has it why didn't he just get the tank weapon crafted?

Mirror of Broken Images: YES. In my personal opinion stamina trinkets are next to useless outside of heroic raid content. Moon vial at least has a decent use effect, Scales of life is only REALLY useful for tanking Baleroc on Decimation Blade. Otherwise i'd say it's much to situational to be worth using. They can also use the DPS trinket with mastery with the on use 1200(?) str/agil (one trinket gives str, other agil)

Quote Originally Posted by Gregasaurous View Post
    Your warrior should actually be taking care of attack speed debuff (I believe the TC debuff is what Outback was referring to.) since he has talents spec'ed that go along with TC.
    Yea, I wasn't quite clear enough with my statement there. The druid debuff Infected Wounds will always be up, however that's no reason to not use Thunderclap for the benefits a Warrior gets from using Thunderclap. What I was trying to emphasize was that somebody had to keep up Demoralizing Shout or Demoralizing Roar, since its not built into an ability you'd be using anyway. Power Auras is excellent for watching debuffs like this on bosses, I wouldn't go without it in my UI now.
    Sounds like the guy who ran in front of the train had an even worse week than you guys did.

Your Feral is reforging wrong. First off ever piece should be reforged to have dodge on it. Next don't reforge crit unless there's mastery on it or the ratio of crit and expertise is that close. Tell him to get reforgeanator and follow it.

Gemming is all over the place. He can either go down the stam path or the agi/stam path or just agi. Not stam, agi, mastery, dodge. The stam magic reduction meta is a very situational one. The stam armor one will get him much further.

For the spec if your gonna have anything in infected wounds make it both points not just 1. Tell him to take it out of stamped and hopefully when he re specs he forgets to put the other point in there. Haste is the worst stat possible for a bear and that's all you get with that talent. King of the jungle provides much more threat if that's what he's worried about. I think he is since his abundance of hit and not reforging out of it. The brutal impact will help with trash, but as far as tanking it doesn't do all that much.

http://www.askmrrobot.com ^^ (A perfect view to see your stats priority)

Quote Originally Posted by Schurft View Post
    http://www.askmrrobot.com ^^ (A perfect view to see your stats priority)
    This is not a good idea. They are rarely accurate. You're better off asking someone who knows. I don't know feral tank priorities or I'd say and outbackjack has handled warriors...but going to ask mr robot for anything is generally a bad idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Ion View Post
    This is not a good idea. They are rarely accurate. You're better off asking someone who knows. I don't know feral tank priorities or I'd say and outbackjack has handled warriors...but going to ask mr robot for anything is generally a bad idea.
    Mr Robot has been shown to not be totally accurate with Warrior tanking for a few reasons, one being Hold The Line and the math that surrounds that talent. Mr Robot waaaay over values Parry if I remember it right. The math guys would be able to comment in more detail about it, I'm sure.

How does Wowreforge.com do? I know it has given me some good numbers for everything I have put through yet. But I have no druid or warrior to check on for that.

+ Reply to Thread