Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Warlord Zon'ozz

Thank you very much for the reply. Now that you mention it, just leaving the debuff is a pretty silly idea. As to why we used TW on 2nd dark phase, cause I figured if we did then he'd be dead in or shortly after the 3rd dark phase. Just shows my lack of experience there. I am happy that you did provide so much information and will be modifying our strategies for this week. However, I wonder why it is that you say he takes more damage during the dark phases. I do not remember seeing an extra debuff on him during the phase. Does he just take damage from the black blood also or something like that?

Also, I did not realize he was about to berzerk on our one good attempt. I thought we may be getting close to it,but did not know for sure. Yes, I know there's add-ons for that, but I don't use any. Call me what you will.

Quote Originally Posted by lego687 View Post
    However, I wonder why it is that you say he takes more damage during the dark phases. I do not remember seeing an extra debuff on him during the phase. Does he just take damage from the black blood also or something like that?
    I say because it's true. It was also stated right in the initial post of this thread. It's also mentioned in the video guide I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by leethaxor View Post
    Zon'ozz Diffused
    When the Void collides with Warlord Zon'ozz, it inflicts a distracting shock to him. The Void Diffusion increases the damage Zon'ozz takes by 5% for every time the Void of the Unmaking bounces between players. This collision enrages Warlord Zon'ozz, causing him to awaken the Maw of Go'rath and lose his Focused Anger.
    You can also look at your own logs and see this pattern. Ignoring individual player DPS patterns and looking at the raid as a whole you will see the spikes in total raid DPS occuring during phase two of the encounter. Additionally, you will also see a pattern where each of these spikes (phase two) is higher than the spike prior (because the debuffs continue to stack increasing how much additional damage he takes further). You can take a sampling of random logs from world of logs and almost every log will have this same pattern, because the mechanics cause this pattern. The boss takes more damage later in the fight than he did at the start of the fight.
    "In anything, if you want to go from just a beginner to a pro, you need a montage." /w TankSpot WTB Montage for Raiders.