+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Previous content servers - a must have

Previous content servers - a must have

Ok to explain where I come from on this, I started playing wow on the tail end of classic but never got to experience its end game. I did premades for bc pvp, and that was what I enjoyed and really miss. Ive always been solely a pvper because with pvp back in bc, you could log in anytime you got free time, lf ppl for a premade and so long as you had vent and an updated preform av enabler you could get going. And I was known on my server at the time as leading the premades for the best pvp guild on the server, rarely ever losing a match in anything. Today's pvp is a joke. No one cares about winning, nor do they offer healers any protection or even organize for a coordinated strike. Pvpers have no competitive spirit any more. I blame wrath and cata both for what I view as the downfall of wow. I have gone half a year without wow since cata came out nor do I intend to resub to the current game. I still have a soft spot for wow, and if I could play bc or classic again, I would in a heartbeat.

What I propose is for blizzard to take the players from all the low pop servers in each region and put them all on the same server in each respective region. Then take the others and divide them into three types: classic, bc, and (for those who actually would want it) wrath. Revert the patch version on the clients to the last patch before the ones changing the game for the following expansion. The only thing I would want from modern game in say classic or bc is dual speccing (to encourage growth of healers and tanks)

This way blizz makes good use of dead servers, bring gamers with my mindset back, and give new gamers the feeling that they didn't buy the older games for no reason.

Comments and questions about my thinking or whatever are fine. Talk is free. Please help advocate my petition. Thank you for your time reading this.
    "Listen up, baddies" was the first three words those 3 from the same guild on another server said to us. We later wiped on trash.....twice.

I feel that would be a cool idea, but dont know exactly how well it would work or if there would be any real interest from others to do it.

What would make the system better (read, easier and faster) is if you could copy any charactor you have over the required level of the server. Other words, if you have a level 85 pally, you can copy him to a level 60 server with no gear and start dungeons. You still have your 85, you just now have a level 60 to raid with on that specific server.

Quote Originally Posted by STBU View Post
    Please help advocate my petition.
    No.
    "In anything, if you want to go from just a beginner to a pro, you need a montage." /w TankSpot WTB Montage for Raiders.

This idea about old school severs comes up on the Official Forums all the time, Blizz has said over and over and over and over that they won't do this, that they want Azeroth to evolve and they want to create memories for players. It's really just whistling into the wind as far a Blizz is concerned.

Bottom line, for the first time in a very long time, World of Warcraft is on the same version in all countries. This cuts support costs dramatically because they don't need to support multiple client and server application versions. What you're proposing is that they litterally take money and throw it in the trash because supporting such a system alone will cost significantly more than a minor change in revenue they may see.
    "In anything, if you want to go from just a beginner to a pro, you need a montage." /w TankSpot WTB Montage for Raiders.

Well wow no longer is worth my money or what little free time I have as they keep screwing things up like they started doing in wrath. If they can't fix themselves then they're like obama. He won't have my vote, and blizz just won't have my money.
    "Listen up, baddies" was the first three words those 3 from the same guild on another server said to us. We later wiped on trash.....twice.

Spiritus (or I think it was him) made a good arguement for why it wouldn't work on a podcast video thing you should watch/listen to called forum junkies.

paraphrasing

"After a while the nostalgia runs out. There isn't new content being made, the talent trees are well know, the bosses are already defeated and the strats are know. After a few months people will get bored of the fact that new content isn't being made for their realms, and just re-roll on live servers again."
    [Today 06:48 PM] Ion:swimming in a natural body of water ISN'T acceptable...it's momentarily tolerable

Bottom line is, I think this is one of the only things you can safely bet money on that Blizzard will never implement.

Quote Originally Posted by leethaxor View Post
    "After a few months people will get bored of the fact that new content isn't being made for their realms, and just re-roll on live servers again."
    Nope, they'd bitch that there's no new content for their old school servers and that Blizz hates them and favors the people playing on the newest versions. That Blizz should make special content updates for them, blah, blah, blah.....

Quote Originally Posted by Theotherone View Post
    Nope, they'd bitch that there's no new content for their old school servers and that Blizz hates them and favors the people playing on the newest versions. That Blizz should make special content updates for them, blah, blah, blah.....
    Yeah, thats a better point. But after they realized blizzard wasn't going to anything for them *cough* shamans *cough* they will stop complaining and re-roll.
    [Today 06:48 PM] Ion:swimming in a natural body of water ISN'T acceptable...it's momentarily tolerable

Quote Originally Posted by STBU View Post
    Well wow no longer is worth my money or what little free time I have as they keep screwing things up like they started doing in wrath. If they can't fix themselves then they're like obama. He won't have my vote, and blizz just won't have my money.
    The whole Blizzard doesn't please me and I'm going to cancel my account defense is a bit old. No one can please everyone. And in the greater scheme of things Blizzard not pleasing you is less important to them than keeping the other eleven plus million people pleased.

On a different note... check the posting rules.

Politics and religion are off limits here. This is a forum for discussing the realities of a fantasy world (such as that goes.) Please don't bring the real world into it.

Another solution! If you're that interested in old content, hit 60/70/80 and lock your XP. Find like-minded people and make a guild of it, and gear accordingly. Easy to do. The only issue would be PVP since the brackets got split up and 60/70 is now the bottom end of the bracket rather than the top, so lock your XP at 64/74 for PVP toons.
    I'm way better at holding my liquor than a panda.

That idea Charon made has one problem: the current pvp system enables ppl to just get by, not try to win. Blizz is saying “oh it's ok if you lose, A for effort!". I liked it back in bc. It was like willy wonka when he said “you lose! You get nothing! Good day, sir!"

And no there's not a guild for that. There never is, and my military mindset probably would turn off most pvpers nowadays.

At first glance I always thought it was a good idea.. Putting more thought into it tho it's not. Vanilla wow was the best blizzard game I played because of the true mom experience.. When they started doing all this cross realm shit is when it started going for a crap.. Vanilla was fun because it was a true community experience, other then that most of the actually content is better but the cross realm stuff destroyed the server community of this game.

Li

Toushiro is offline 私はあなたのことをいつも考えています。
    Quote Originally Posted by Charon View Post
    Another solution! If you're that interested in old content, hit 60/70/80 and lock your XP. Find like-minded people and make a guild of it, and gear accordingly. Easy to do. The only issue would be PVP since the brackets got split up and 60/70 is now the bottom end of the bracket rather than the top, so lock your XP at 64/74 for PVP toons.
    this is a big incorrect, lvl 60 exp off has it's own bracket and same with 70 and 80 exp off.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciderhelm View Post
    I keep a few steel bars in my home.

Quote Originally Posted by Toushiro View Post
    this is a big incorrect, lvl 60 exp off has it's own bracket and same with 70 and 80 exp off.
    As someone who has a fully geared level 60 exp off mage, nothing is worse than that 64 rogue ambushing me for more health than I have *2. 60 most certainly does not have its own bracket

Quote Originally Posted by Darksend View Post
    As someone who has a fully geared level 60 exp off mage, nothing is worse than that 64 rogue ambushing me for more health than I have *2. 60 most certainly does not have its own bracket
    Correct I twink in the 70 bracket, and RBG. You can get into bg's, rbg's, and arena's with lvl 74 characters.
    At that level the advantage is less, mainly because you still have the same gear... Just the conversion coefficients drop.

Look my real beef is the lack of competitive and cooperative spirit amongst gamers today. I'm in the military it's one team one fight. We all strive to be the best we can be yet still work together to get the job done. Last I pvped in wow I saw a gaggle of individuals doing their own thing, not trying to work together, not trying to accomplish the mission. I was a teen when bc was current and I still saw teamwork with one guy leading the charge, telling people what to do and them executing. I don't see it today and I blame the new pvp system blizz implemented in wrath where 3 losses make 1 win. That's why I want prewrath content back. To fix stupid, to put it bluntly.

Military members are trained and have good coordination and communication. To get that same effect on wow you need to have vent, a strong, smart leader and practice as a team. If you expect to pick 10 people, give them weapons and a mission and expect them to succeed your mistaken.

Look my real beef is the lack of competitive and cooperative spirit amongst gamers today.
    Are you in a guild and raiding? Are you on a solid RBG team? On an arena team? There is no end game content (random battle groups, random 5mans aren't end game) in wow that you become good at by doing it solo. Playing the game at the maximum level means learning how to work efficiently with other people. If that aspect of the game is lost on you I don't know what you have been doing.

My guild has killed heroic ragnaros. Doing so without my guildmates working together as a cohesive unit is completely impossible. I've arena'd and RBG'd with players up to 3k rating. You get that good because you know what your teammates are going to do, working with them over weeks, knowing what they are going to do as they do it, being able to affectingly communicate what is happening to you AND your enemy.

+ Reply to Thread