Day Two will begin shortly! Be prepared to refresh this page as we shall be updating it per panel seen. Note that these are going to be three panels today:
- WoW Classes/Items/Professions Q&A
- WoW Open Q&A
- WoW Lore and Story Q&A
WoW Class/Items/Professions Q&A:
- GC: Why do I hate paladins? - Truth is Ret Paladin killed his parents. What he does for a living? Nerfs Paladins. You guys make it too easy! Warlocks scare him, would rather not pick on them.
Jumping RIGHT into the Q&A!
- Shadow Orbs/ Shadow priest. Wording suggests that they are going resource based. Is this true: Kinda true yes, working the details. It's a secondary resource mechanic, removing the rng. Currently Mind Blast shouldn't have mana cost. More shadow orbs you get, more Mind Blasts you should pull off.
- State of healing in PVP - Are you satisfied with PVP healing? Triage was supposed to be used in this expansion: Balancing healing between PvE And PvP is hard. The beginning had Triage but as the tier goes on, it was harder to balance out. For example, MS being brought up to 25% was not something they wanted to do but that they had to do to bring people back into PvP. We haven't solved the problem yet, still working on.
- Active tanking debuffs are showing up as talents. What's happening to those abilities and how will it work in active tanking: Demo roar and shout are gone, no more use for them. As for active tanking, it's like a DK using Death Strike. Using resources to stay alive instead of using resources to generate threat.
- Cap on resources (Energy) - Any plans to increase resources aka rogues to 130: It's not currently something that is good to be placed in the design at this time. They can use it as a knob but rogues use an attack that uses more energy. not in the plans at this time.
- Extra spot in character creation: Understand that people want to have this for a while. One idea was to have a way to distribute the cap on different realms so you can have many characters on one realm. (Lil odd.)
- Vengeful armor is not available for transmog purposes. Will they be added: They're looking for more items to add. If you go to Area 52 on the PTR soon, you'll see that the Gladiator gear will be once more available for this. Event items on BoA is a bit more resources needed to have it done.
- Druids only could use one fist, and not two, can we get two fists. Enchanters are not getting great drops. Are we gonna get good enchant drops again: Druid spec have four spec and putting dual wield is getting out of control and unnecessary. Monk tanks are gonna use staffs instead and won't dual wield. The class is already complex. For enchants - Not planned. They usual drop these when they're missing enchants. Enchanting feels solid right now and if they feel they need to add something, they will.
- Expansion will be faction focused - Can we get Faction Legendaries?: Legendaries are looked at on a case by case depending on lore. If the story supports it and we find a cool item possibility, we'll do it. They'd have to think about very carfully. GC loves the idea!
- Death Knight tanks - very bad place. Avoidance works against mastery. Change to outbreak problems. two piece tank set bonus is based on imminent demise. What are the changes we are looking for for changing stuff for DK tanks: It's an idea but the current set bonus is still functional. DKs require less external healing than most tanks. It's a tricky slope. Agree that it's not acceptable for dks to go from 100 - 0. We've removed some of the mechanics that would be do so. The armor bonus from Blood Present from 30% to 55%. We're keeping an eye on things. Part of the Dk experience is being brought down low and doing stuff to keeping yourself alive.
- Eclipse - Balance druid can be really low on damage. Must be sitting in solar for aoe. Any plans to address this?: Hurricane will have a new arcane version when you're in Lunar in 5.0. As for damage goes down during some phases, that's part of the druid nature.
- Unholy DK: minions don't inherit crit or mastery. Gargoyles have melee attack which is useless compared to the range. Any plans to change?: Gargoyle should have been designed for ranged. Stat weight - Unholy DK is one of the least successful for stat weight. Looking into changing this. The fact that we're int he middle of an expansion, it's a lil harder to deal with due to the stat changes with reforging, so they're waiting till 5.0 to do the big changes.
- Noggenfogger Elixir - Want to know why you can't mount as a skeleton: Our animation system does not have animations for all the costumes. Has a hard code that prevents this. The code not being there would be ugly, animation wise. To be fair, ALL costumes are blocked from mounting.
- Holy Priest: No longer very great to play when doing quests. Got to play Disc to do anything. Can we get that looked at so we can do this in Holy spec: Dual spec is the answer to this, it's not a huge priority. Pvp changes might be affected if we increase damage. Must be watching that when doing changes. For now, it's not something to look at.
- Rogue - Thanks for the Legendary! With all the new melee hybrids, what do you have planned to make rogues more viable in a raid: We've moved away from the model for pures making damage. Besides top tier damage, rogues now have stuns, an ability to put poisons up and and great interrupts. Just cause hybrids will come in, doesn't mean they'll take over as rogues have their own 'niche' such as poisons.
- Talent - Difficult to balance. Still number crunching and theorycrafters will number crunch. How will this be looked at: Most talents are actually not damage/healing so in that retrospect it really shouldn't be able to be theorycrafted in that fashion. the idea is that if a talent is worse than two others, they can fix it so that it works well and is viable.
- Follow up to Noggenfogger - Losing that charge is annoying. Why not do something to not lose your charge: one of the things for consumables is just that: consumables. Removing that part would remove the point of a consumable. We've looked into ideas about this. But this in the end would be against the whole idea of having fun with those consumables.
- Archeology has been ignored. Will we see other things that could make Archeology interesting: Items are all over the place. Some of the stuff is still used by the devs. We do wanna make things a little more interesting aka random encounters or a flare gun that could bring you to other spots. Might add daily quests but a lil less excited about that idea.
- Bear tanking was fun to be able to switch over to cat and dps if need be. Will we still be able to dps: Not fair for the other tanks. Thus why it was broken up. Bears will not have dps talents and cats won't have tank talents.
- Resto druid have a decent single target but aoe is a bit scarce in the rotation. Can we get more rotation stuff: one of the idea is to have an new spell a la mushrooms that will be used in this situation. When we tried to do a change to the casting spells, there were push back from the community so we changed that. Some of the changes aka efflorescence need some decent thought process to have it done properly.
- Four piece bear bonus - Unfairly penalizing the cat spec with the lock up. Will this be looked at: The reason why it's there, is that cat druids would be forced to do that as well. They don't want cats to have to deal with this.
- Are we getting new spells at 86 - 88 and 90 and if so, what are the spells for Mages: One of the ideas is to try to remove the clutter. We're looking into adding a spell at 87. They are unsure about what the spell will be. They had the idea of having 3 new abilities per class, but this became really tedious and it would change some of the design structure of the game. One spell is easier to deal with.
- Tank love for Legendary?: It's something we're looking at. The story HAS to fit with the Legendary. It has to fit in the story and is not based on how long it's been for people. GC would love to see an Orange Shield.
- Arcane mage mastery - When created, it was made to feel like managing your resource would be a big thing. We were promised a tool kit to manage your mana but only got arcane blast and the ability to clear. Are we going to get anything else to help us not be two button wonders and make it deeper: not happy with the role of Arcane Barrage. Have plans in mind for Arcane, make arcane Barrage more important. Considered putting it 4.3 but will wait for 5.0. Same thing for Arcane Missile. Missile procs and most ignore it unless specific times. Wants to put more emphasis on the spell.
- Can you allow shadow priests to allow shadowform shroud when mounted: Glyph will be entered to reduce the alpha on the shroud.
- DK Tier 13 question mark? DKs can only go so far, what would be a good fix for this: DK 13 gear is awesome, will see it soon. As for the other question, art is expensive. It's very hard to make gear set for DKs. Hopefully we can tide you over with stuff. GC: For us, it's a matter of budget. If we do one armor set, other sets are ignored and this pushes back patches. We have to make hard choices sometimes.
- Strength Polearms in the game: Don't have a niche. Can't use em with Titan's Grip. Cannot be seen...now that hunters that are falling out, we're looking into maybe changing this to make it so DK and Warriors. Question points out that the panda is dual wielding pole arms: "The artists can do things we can't!"
- Hunter epic quest Rok'delar: Has been brought up about the quest. We've been considering. Want to make sure that if we do this, that they will make it something that you will remember. We want it to truly be up to that level of quality. Worth noting that Dragonwrath and the 4.3 Daggers will be that similar feel.
- Engineering - Will we ever be able to use rockets and other gadgets that are better?: Yes, but one of the things that you have to watch these things because people would switch to Engineering if it's too good. We're looking into limiting where you can use items (Aka pvp situations) but they do have a cool sweep of stuff for the profession.
- Hunters will have their melee items removed, will we be able to put on our items for looks?: Nope, not in the plans. On another note, rogues with the legendary bow won't be able to show it!
- Engineering - What happened? Items were added and then the spec feels forgotten. Engineering goggles were key things: Reaction to engineering sucks - explosive awesomeness. Then engineering was too good, so had to bring it down. We have to hit the personality of that profession still. We'll focus on making a lot of really cool stuff. Don't want to give anything away at this time as it requires a lot of coding.
- Thank you for giving us a priest talent for letting us kill our GM tanks! - Question - How is monk healing going to work: How this will work is that your chi will change to mana when you switch to healing stance. Two challenges were made for monks: make people heal while doing damage, and make it not have to target people to heal. More like of a proximity thing. Current pitch is you're incredibly mobile that you are a proximity healer and that you will have a statue placed to heal.
- Level 90 shaman talents: Elemental fire totems will most likely NOT going to be affected for DPS increase. Meant more to drop a mana tide with a healing tide. The CD one will be good as it will be giving the shaman a refund because it's not always used to it's full timing.
- No cloth melee class, will the monk be one: One of the problems is armor specialization (THink holy paladin armor drops). This would be the problem with putting cloth dps armor for Monks. Leather has Spirit and Intellect items which would work well for the Monk class. It just works better.
- With non combat pets being renamed, can we rename our demon pets: Pets for Warlocks are moreso grab the pet, and dispose of it. No attachments to it. Not like the pet. One idea is because they understand people don't like the names of their pet so an idea was put out to get your pet killed so you can rename it.
- Hunters will lose all their stats on melee weapons. Anything going to be looked at to balance this?: All classes will lose stats due to losing their ranged slot as well. This should balance out so both of the stats are on the main weapon.
- Can you bring back the perfect cuts right now cause I feel like "they took my job!": Nature of an open market is competitive. If we allowed perfects of blues, no one would use the blues. It just ups the ante on that. There's no easy solution for making crafters wanted. BoP orbs is an idea for JCs for example to make you feel more important.
- Can we expect autoattack to be removed for other class "And if so..hunters are going to be really confused.": Removing Autoattack from monks was very controversial. We're not sure if the autoattack removal will stay on monks in the first place. We're really not sure how it's going to feel. GC: One of the downsides is that if something has five health, the people that have autoattack will be able to let it kill the mob, where you have to wait as a monk for the button to come back.
World of Warcraft Open Q&A
- Difficulty raise for 10 man: Hardcore players are 10man in Korea versus 25. Hard to know factors that make things happen such as compositions. We just have to go with what we see.
- Any ideas of bringing it to 20 man instead?: Too hard to deal with kicking 5 people out of the guild for this. Won't happen at this time.
- Spectator mode for raids and battlegrounds: Something we've wanted for a long time. It's more of a question of being able to go and do it.
- Adding more options to the guild leader's UI: Comes down to the fact of how much control do we want to give to other people other than the guild leader. Still trying to see what would be the best balance.
- Isn't this a guild leader's decision?: Comes back to Blizzard if things go wrong.
- What are going to be the changes when we feel our purples getting cheaped out of greens?: We're looking towards making it a second zone change only, and allow people to use the gear they got. An idea is a "Hall of Heroes" Is something they want to put in that will record the achievements and accomplishments of the past.
- How are we going to throw in the Draenei and Blood Elf zone with the Monk class: We'll just throw it in there and make it fit. (Author's note: Kinda...bad way to answer that imo.)
- Hunter CC: Hard to Wyvern Sting then trap someone. we had an option to remove the dot with scorpid sting. Will we be able to remove the dot at some point: Kinda of an awkward spot right now. 5.0 will have a lot of options. It is definitely a problem and hopefully will be looked at and be better in 5.0.
- Thanks for announcing AoE Shaman damage - Any plans to address Enhance Shaman damage loss for taking Interrupt skill: Not too worried about 4.3. When looking in PvE, lots of others can do it. In PvP, they see a lot already have this. They'll have to make a choice. It's still an interrupt but it just has a longer CD.
- Bring back Illidan! Question - Do you guys hate Enhance Shamans!?: Wanna see Illidan come back? (cheer) Gotta think about that..We'll work on it. new powerful version: Skillidan (lulz). Enhance issues are heard about. We try to have classes have options. For example, Frost may not work well in areas and you can go Fire. Not fair for Shaman cause elemental isn't the same playstyle. On the Pvp front, it's got a lot of things that need to be looked at. They generally do fine in PVP when they can whack their targets. Hopefully this will be looked at in 5.0. Looking at casters being stronger due to the staff and in 4.3 hopefully this will be looked at.
- Bandit's Guile and Haste is a little bizarre in the fact that you want to get attacks faster, or wait till the 30% buff of Bandit's Guile: Question isn't exactly clear and he reports that you should use Restless Blade's option (Using more attacks)
- Dance studio was scrapped in 3.0, will they do the same for guild release: We're releasing all the guild services in less than two weeks.
- Bringing the same kind of challenge like Heroic Rag: Heroic modes will always try to be challenging and for hardcore players.
- Bringing more healers in 25 man raids, usually two people per healing class: Don't think we'll change the amount of healers needed. We'll just see a diversity for raids.
- Gear normalize for the challenge dungeons - How to fix the problem of lowered gear and caps (Hit/Expertise): We're going to try to make sure it doesn't play around with the caps. There will be some complexities for it, for sure.
- Will mounts become account-bound?: Someday. It's a natural extension to pet and achievements being account bound.
- Authenticator every login as a parent controlling login of their class: Yes, we are working on this. Soon (tm)
- Moonkin form changes: We're gonna update the art of the moonkin form. We're still looking into the information and changes in 5.0. Not far along enough yet.
- Thank you for being a great company with great customer service - Race changing/quest credit/legendary - You lose all of the quest credit stuff, will we look into a fix for this?: Would love to do a whitelist for certain quests that won't get wiped. GC: Trying to make sure that the Customer Service doesn't get bombarded with people saying they had an item before.
- Will you make BoA items across all the servers: Maybe...someday..in the future. (Written as stated.) The databases at this time don't talk to each other very well. GC: I have a dream here and that the mail system doesn't really work very well. Would love to just have a page like a pet page and showing every single pet you have. Want to do that for mounts and heirlooms.
- Two button classes being moreso shown in Cata lately - What are you looking at so it's not OP or doesn't suck: GC - I think I heard a little QQQ in there! There are two things he'll touch here. We never really put a lot of though about AoE stuff. It's become a big part of Cata now and we're going to improve on the style. The Arcane mage, even though they don't have a lot of spells, they have to get a lot of mana cd. Once we get the mages to use other skills aka arcane missiles, it should be better.
- Arcane Mage - do you plan on actually adding a new spell and making the rotation better?: In 5.0, Living Bomb will be a spell that all mages will have. GC: I love the tier 13 set! The artists went crazy on the tier set. The gear looks great even if people thought the transmog system would make the art system slack back.
- Enchanters would be able to make sweet new epic wands: Definitely!
- Fix up the profession bonus - Min/max requires you to get gathering profession: GC: It's always something we will look at. Ultimately we don't want people to min/max on the profession and feel like their own profession is not great. We want to make the professions cool but not absolutely needed.
- Will we be able to make quivers again: It's more cosmetic than a reward. We're trying to figure out how we'll deliver this. We're also looking to see if we can actually make other classes have different art styles for items.
- Transmog - Benediction Staff quest was removed. The quest was done by some players and those players want to have recognition over others that they did the quest. Will this be addressed: Tricky situation. One way we tried to fix this is offering the model but with a different texture a la bear mount for Zul'aman.
- Thank you for dealing with the QQ'ing Ret Pallies do on the forums! In the talent tree there is one talent that will make us really OP and then you'll have to nerf. Can you PLEASE not touch us and leave us be!?: GC; "I'm not sure that was a question but it was very moving, thank you.". The tier 90 section is meant to have multiple choices with the same dps. We have ways to buff and nerf other areas if it is needed.
- Windshear - Nerfing for resto pvp. Are you meaning it as a tradeoff or not to have it: GC: Does not want them to have it.
- Why not hardwire it in the core?: It's another way to go. But it's a tricky change to not make players feel like we're redesigning things. By tweaking the talent changes, it was a way to hint them where they wanted to go but still give them that option if they really wanted to that.
- Will you do crafting mounts and can you attack from a mount in 5.0: Not gonna be possible to attack from the mount, and JC MAY see a crafting mount.
- Green Fire for Warlocks, possiblity?: It is a possibility. Minor glyphs where kinda meant to be this fashion where you can customize the look. it's just going to take a little while. The Warlock rotations are going to be changed quite a bite.
- Heroic Leap - Can we fix it?: Movement like Heroic Leap is hard on the game. The biggest problem is elevation problems. Mean players try to get to areas they shouldn't get to it. Inclines it does fail, they do want to improve.
- Bi-sexual/transgender lore, is there any changes or plans to fix this: Unsure if we're developping gay or lesbian characters. There is a possibility to do so.
- 10 man model representation is rough - gear is de'ed and whatnot. Is there a possibility to 15 man raid or to make the loot drop more intelligent and disallow certain loot: more likely going with the latter, as 15 man has been discussed but it's harder to deal with when it comes to group comp and coding.
- Great thing done for Fandral's Scythe for kitty druids. Any plans to do so for other specs for Druids/Will we be able to access the form sometime later when we get rid of the item that would change: We want to keep it conservative. As long as you want to use the item, then you can. We don't want to build different ways. No existing plans at this time.
- Exotic Pet - Why not in Survival or Marksman: Part of the fix can be to get the fact that you can get your pet to be one of the three roles. The other fix is that BMs need to have good dps so you want to use the spec. Right now BM specs are not seen in a good light. The good players are playing MM, and BM are giving bad reviews with low damage.
- Lore question - Gallywix was put back in charge. What happens to him? Also Blinding Shield, what happened: Gallywix hasn't been talked about in a lil while. We are unsure that we have any plans. We're looking into it. Since the content was developed, we haven't talked about this. We'll think about it. Blinding Shield - It is currently pencilled in for the level 87 Paladin ability (THIS IS NOT PENCILLED IN FOR SURE).
- Hybrid - What are the changes for people who want to be more damage and less healing and focus on one role: We wanted to make it so there were more choices. We want some tiers that are based around certain themes such as healing.
- Wanted to get away from totems, why put totem stuff: We didn't want to get away and remove totems, but more getting rid of the choice of totems and make it more interesting.
- Getting rid of Librams - Is it possible to put an animation for that: Quite possible, that's what we want to do. We want the librams to be seen and be part of the artstyle.
- End of Time - Get to kill Mourazan (spelling?) in a five man. Is this the last we'll see of the Infinite Dragonflight. Also, housing please?: Something we've looked at for the housing question. Takes a lot of time and resources so it's hard to do both dungeons and raids and put resources for that. The Infinite dragonflight concept is wrapping up nicely. We don't have plans for beyond 4.3. Could be plans later.
- JC feels bland. can we add new stuff to craft like necks and rings?: It's quite doable. It's more the idea that we have to look and make sure that the other professions are also getting. Even putting items BoE, you would still get money out of it which is more than other professions would have at that point.
- Distinguishing Horde/Alliance Pandarens: The UI should be telling you about this. It seems that it's more the fact that they see the red name to distinguish enemy Panderens. The UI might change so it shows this a bit better. We explored the idea of making them look different but this would go away from the idea of what the Panderen looks like.
- Raid tracking on how many people will wipe on bosses instead of killing?: It is possible. We can probably extend it to raids somehow.
- Reskinning the old races so they are on par with the Panderen: We want to bring up all the other races to the same level as well. Currently in the Panderen model, there are about 10x more bone structure over the other races. We are working on this and it will take time but we have to be careful on how we roll it out. We want to do it right and respect the people who still like their models.
- What will be the new artstyle theme for weapons and armor for MoP: One of the things in mind is the Brewing theme that they have. We want it to look somewhat in that look. We also are looking at bamboo looking items. Expanding in the brewing area more.
WoW Lore and Story Q&A
- Red shirt guy is back! He thanks the crew for putting him in the game - Are we going back to Gilneas?: It's got it's own backstory and it would be a fun time to actually go back and see that area and what it's about.
- Didn't mention any world pvp zones, will the entire panderia world be Pvp: We're going to not going to go and talk too much about this. They do have plans about it and make it as it goes up.
- Could we bring Back Illidan, Arthas and kael'thas??: Not gonna bring them all back. Should bring Illidan back? (Crowd cheer). It's likely. Related to Kael'thas, that's done. Talking about Jaina taking Arthas's body: That's just sick. We don't know where Arthas's Body is.
- Speculation that Arthas's tomb is one with a huge L newly done: Could very well be.
- What's the motivation for Panderens to fight each other: You are playing the ones who are adventurous and that they will want to travel around the world. They would fight each other as they experience sides of the Alliance and Horde sight. When they see each other, they tend to be more passive to see how they are against each other in competition and not just to kill and destroy. In Pandaria, the sprits actually manifest into beings of malignant nature. So if you are filled with negative energy, it can actually physically harm you. Pandarens know this and keep their balance.
- Chris Metzen, will you ever write a book: Very terrifying to write the book. Will let the creative development. Maybe one day I'll sack up and do something.
- Loarderon - What happened to Arthas's sister: We're still thinking about it. No current plans, but there are hooks for the roleplayer games. The books may actually be codified so bits and pieces will be canonical. Will be looking into this for sure.
- Why have Krasus, Khadgar and others attached to Black Dragonflight not been a source in Cata: One of the reason why they don't is so that people don't feel like they have to read the books. It's a continuation thing so that people can keep playing without having to read them.
- What happened to the Crown of Menethil: Legendary Loot Drop! (MAYBE!?)
- Tyrande - was a strong leader but this kinda fell off. Turned into Malfurion's armcandy: Before Nagrand, in BC, there was no Thrall at all. It took an expansion or two to build his story. Metzen loves Tyrande. They just haven't gotten to her story yet. The Sylvanas story is something to look towards as to what could happen with Tyrande. Jaina's moment is coming as well, and it's coming soon! We get clobbered on the forums about how characters are changing and people are pissed but things will be happening!
- Arthas's Mother - Did she die by Arthas's hand or is Arthas a momma's boy?: We did not craft her fate yet. From how Warcraft 3 works, it works that she died before the fall of Loarderon. OOOOOOR...you kill her and get a legendary crown! The right way to play it is to make it before Arthas kills his father.
- Shards of Frostmourne - Where are they?: They were specifically not answered for a reason. Some very smart people took the shards and are keeping them safe but some dumb dumb will try at some point to put em back together to cause broo ha ha.
- Algalon - When you beat him, he goes on a midlife crisis about not being able to destroy the planet. What's up with him now?: The whole Titan story is something that needs to be played out for a very long amount of time. They're massive. They're from somewhere so massive. They loved the idea of the Titans and the storyline. There are things that Metzen really really loved from BC. Some people in the forest however feel more in the mood of fantasy is being compromised. The familiarity of fantasy makes them feel better. But there are so many stories that Metzen still wants to touch upon - Argus, the world of the Eredar. Just a matter of feeling it out honestly.
- Hillsbrad questline for Forsaken - any points in resolving the tension between the forsaken and the horde?: Yep, definitely has some unresolved issues here and fissures are starting to show within the Horde and they're definitely going to push on this and resolve it at some point.
- Will we ever see a return of the troll empires?: The Darkspear is now striving up within the World due to the attachment to the Horde. The Zandalari was trying to make them become more together. However the story WILL be pushed onward in Pandaria.
- Will the expansion have some serious stuff or is this going to stay a lighthearted expansion: You haven't met the Pandaren (Editor's Note: THIS IS IMPORTANT FOR ALL OF YOU COMPLAINING.) If you think it's a joke race, there's a lot of story that is being built into this expansion. People will love the story and a lot of resource has been put in their story. A lot of people will be surprised. There is NO way that they will build and expansion on an April's Fools joke. The Panderan race is no joke. It's not silly, but just a little lighter. The contents of what's going on in the world is actually pretty serious but the Pandaran think differently and take it at a much more relaxed level. Don't jump to conclusions about this, it will have it's intrigue and it's drama. It isn't armies of the dead or demons falling out of the sky but it has it's teeth.
- Baine Bloodhoof - Seems to be leaning Sunwalker path. Is he?: It can go a number of ways as his story is beginning. Everyone had a fit but the Tauren was an odd fit with the Paladin class. Sunwalker theme was alright and got people to explain why they could become paladins but Baine, just because he has a hammer, would not be appropriate for him to join the Sunwalker. Baine and Caine were more just...Tauren. Metzen is not a fan to get him to become a Sunwalker but it could be possible. No plans were talked bout his story.
- Haven't seen much from the books coming into the game (spoiler Krasus Dying): Aspects are going to have HUGE thing in 4.3. There is going to be a completion to the grand cycle for the Aspects. Metzen was petrified to try to develop books and putting story in the game. It's an incredibly complex and time consuming process. Took more of a conservative route. Since "The Shattering", we want to start to pull out current ideas that are in the game. The thing is that they have to be careful for massive powerful shifts (Cairne dying.). Everything needs to be balanced out with the game dev team so no one gets ripped off.
- Does the Alliance ever get to kick ass in WoW: Metzen has been really pushing for Thrall. He is very invested in that character. Here's what they will do: They're trying to get this done. Varian has the potential to be a badass character. They want to create a quest called the Trials of the King. Varian will be asked to do things and you will be his squire to help. At the end everything will work together and Varian will be the total package. The Alliance will need a king that has his s*$t together. (Editor's Note: I love Metzen, he's awesome. Just awesome.) Has good hooks for Anduin. Had no stories for him until The Shattering. He's off to Boarding school with the Draenei learning about the cosmics.
- Takes 9 val'kyr to ressurect Sylvanas. In the Silverpine story, it took 3 of them to revive them. How many does she have left?: Val'kyr are numbered down to 3 in Silverpine, one in Alterac, one in Northrend. Alliance killed one. 4 only. no more after this, she cannot recreated him.
- Neptulon in Throne of the Tides - What happened to him and will we find out about Ozumat and what happened to them: "What happens in the Throne of Tides, stays in the Throne of Tides."
- Bolvar - He's not reigning in the Scourge, what exactly is he doing: The Scourge and the Cult of the Damned in the Plaguelands are likely Autonomous. It's really about Northrend. Ideally, with him on the Frozen Throne, the Scourge has gone to sleep in Northrend. Doesn't really play like that in Northrend. The intention is that they are dormant at this time. The idea is that those factions are now totally autonomous.
- In the Gun'drak dungeon - Big wiggly snake tail that is in the dungeon, what is that: Metzen has NO idea what snake is. Sometimes it appears in games and we're like...SURPRISE!
- For the entrance question to add a weapon for the Alliance - Do Bolvar's Sword! Question - Who is the leader of the Pandaren and can he be voiced by Jack Black?: Pandarens don't really have leaders that way. There are well known Pandarens but there's no real major leaders. Can it be voiced by Jack Black? NO. Been slugging Panda ideas for twelve years now. There is a lot of similarities between the panda movies and this. Pandaren were supposed to be the Alliance race for TBC. Created the Draenei instead..Just to show you that they've been working on this for a long time.
And That's it!
Last edited by Krenian; 10-22-2011 at 06:20 PM.
Twitter: Follow me on Twitter! @Krenian
"Damnit!" - Jack Bauer, 24
Twitter: Follow me on Twitter! @Krenian
"Damnit!" - Jack Bauer, 24
That is it for the World of Warcraft Class/Item/Profession Q&A. Next up is the General Q&A at 5:30! Enjoy the break!
Twitter: Follow me on Twitter! @Krenian
"Damnit!" - Jack Bauer, 24
General Q&A is complete! last panel will be the Lore Q&A! (Might be less relevant as it's not core changes but I'll still write it cause I like me some lore.)
Twitter: Follow me on Twitter! @Krenian
"Damnit!" - Jack Bauer, 24
We're done folks! Thank you for coming here and reading the stuff and keeping up with Tankspot and your news. I hope that somehowe this was well done for all of you and you enjoyed the showing!
Twitter: Follow me on Twitter! @Krenian
"Damnit!" - Jack Bauer, 24
Weird, that's not the reply I see on MMO-C.
Cause MMO-C just posted the answer. I added the GC quip cause I found it amusing. You can see through the panel I wrote GC: then wrote something. it's what he said about the topic.
Twitter: Follow me on Twitter! @Krenian
"Damnit!" - Jack Bauer, 24
Now it makes more sense! Question : Answer : GC's off on a tangent. Got it!
I'm way better at holding my liquor than a panda.