+ Reply to Thread

Thread: getting back into game - advice

getting back into game - advice

Been out of the game for awhile, decided to come back an start getting into content again. Just wondering how my gear stacks up, talents, gems, etc. I've tried to pick up solid gear so I can jump into heroics. Open to any advice or recommendations.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Normir/simple

Thanks for looking.

Change your Solid blues to Puissant greens, get the stam enchant to chest, craft a tank helm, get tank gloves, change your boots enchant to Lavawalker, get rid of the +expertise gem in favor of another either parry purple or fractured yellow, grab the rest of your enchants, 9-24 friends, and head to Firelands. En route, trade your Impetuous Query for the tol barad mirror trinket if you're exalted. If not, a moonwell phial from the firelands, Symbiotic whatever from Magmaw, whatever you can actually get your hands on. AND FOR THE SAKE OF ALL THINGS HOLY, get rid of the rogue throwing weapon and get the Deflecting Star. Now that gear's out of the way, I'll leave the spec to someone more accustomed to warriors.
    I'm way better at holding my liquor than a panda.

I'd actually trade DMC:E out rather than IQ, IQ is loverly,DMC:E is nasty.

Specwise; Drop Gag order and either THunderstruck or Imp. Revenge, put the points in War Academy and Deep Wounds.

I wouldn't Glyph shield wall, especially not for 5mans, in its place I'd pick up either Glyph of thunderclap the extra range is awesome. I also wouldn't glyph Heroic throw ever as prot, we have no problems putting Sunder up so don't really need the help. I'd take either Glyph of Cleave or Glyph of shockwave, Shockwave is better on bosses but cleave is a oh so good for AoE and trash.

Not gonna lie, IQ's pretty damn good. I was looking at the DMC from a DK tank standpoint (akin to Vampiric Blood), which the OP obviously isn't. My apologies.
    I'm way better at holding my liquor than a panda.

+ Reply to Thread