+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Prot Warrior Trinkets

Prot Warrior Trinkets

Hello fellow Tankspotters.

I recently hit revered with The Avengers of Hyjal and are a bit puzzled about what trinkets to use, and yes i know we switch them depending on fights, but am wondering if Stay of execution is even worth picking up since i already have 1 heavy stam trinket.

Trinkets i have avaible in bags or at vendors atm is:
    Pure mastery:
    Essence of Eternal Flame (keybound for max uptime)
    Mirror of Broken Images

Pure stamina:
    Moonwell Phial

Avoidance:
    Brawler's Trophy (reforged to mastery)
    Stay of Execution

Running Essence + Moonwell Phial for most bosses now except: Alysrazor: where i use dual dps trinket, Major Domo(HC) & Lord Rhyolith where im doing dps due to other tanks OS is Holy.

My question is, should i be running another combination of trinkets for some fights? was using Mirror with Brawler earlier with good success. we are currently 7/7norm 1/7 hc (working on major domo hc)

My Armory is link is: Click me im a link! Incase someone was intrested. ANY pointers are welcome, current spec is a hybrid used for pvp prot aswell. with glyphs changed depending on whats needed. (might catch me in pvp gear & Arms, since im not at home atm, will update later today)

Been a steady follower for a long time now. And have benifitted alot from this wonderfull forum.
    Keep up the good work Theory crafters!

Thank you in advance Tiaxson

*Edited, Rowdy your more then right, SoE aint a stam trinket, brainfart from my side. but question still stands. Is SoE worth picking up, with my current trinket options? dont see that 56k absorb as something great since its what? a few boss hits at most.
    Last edited by tiaxson; 10-21-2011 at 11:20 AM.

I am confused. SoE is not a stamina trinket and actually pretty good overall.

I personally donīt think that you need a stamina trinket for any fight at the moment, unless you already have full CTC. Before that, Iīd always choose mastery-trinkets (or avoidance-trinkets if you donīt have two good ones with mastery) with a useful use-effect.

Prot Warrior Trinkets

Most fights I run mirror plus the dps mastery trinket. Corrently less than 2% away from full ctc that way (pally). My warrior is only a little behind on gear but hasn't been able to run firelands. If he was, I'd be using the same setup for him. Long story short, for most fights I'd use whatever gives you the most combat table coverage.
    "he doens't need healing, he doesn't need healing, he doesn't nee-WHAOSHIT!wtf was that man!". Please stop leaning on TDR. -Teng

I'm the same, Max CTC. I run Spidersilk spindle and EoEF, unless i really need the MoBI CD. One thing about EoEF is that i don't use it on CD, as I'm close enough to 102.4% that a wind walk proc will make me unhittable, so I keep Shield Block and that trinket (never both at once) to cover the caps in Windwalk uptime, just something to be aware of.

On my pally I'm using the Essence of the Eternal Flame and http://www.wowhead.com/item=68981/spidersilk-spindle; except for a fight like Baleroc where I'll switch out the Essence of the Eternal Flame for the Stay of Execution. I didn't get the Brawler's Trophy on this toon or I'd put that in too for the dodge on Baleroc.

Edited and hopeing for Spidersilk spindle to drop soon, so i can run Essence + spidersilk.

Honestly, Stay of Execution looks more DK oriented since we can't make full CTC and it's more of a cd to cover spikes. Use SoE to eat a hit, then get a couple extra hots and it's like nothing happened. Yes, we still take the big burst damage, but SoE makes it more easily healed. if I'm wrong in this, someone PLEASE correct me! Worst case scenario, it prevents me from a monster mistake later lol.
    I'm way better at holding my liquor than a panda.

+ Reply to Thread