+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Protection Pally needs help!!!!!!

Protection Pally needs help!!!!!!

Hi everyone, my first day on these forums, but I was hoping if someone could help me out with some advice on gearing my protadin atm, his ilevel is 346, and I repeatedly get rejected and kicked by ZA/ZG groups. Tis truly sad

Anyways, here is a link to my character--http://www.wow-heroes.com/character/us/Thunderlord/Landonator/

and here http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...donator/simple

Any help would be appreciated!!

Get yourself some prime Glyphs; Seal of Truth, Shield of the righteous and Hammer of the righteous would be a decent pick for 5 mans. I'd also rethink your spec, drop the points Judgements of the pure, and Finish off Imp.Judgment and Pursuit of justice (run speed is sexy). you could aslo take 3 points form Hallowed Ground, Guarded by the light and Divine guardian (HG and 1 from GBTL are prolly best, but DG isn't much use in 5mans)

I highly doubt you're being kicked from 5 mans on Gear alone so hows your rotation, what's your rotation?

First of all, I would encourage you to read the guide I wrote on Protection Paladins.

Secondly: Enchants. You should think about getting some. 55 stamina on chest, 50 dodge on bracers, 50 mastery on gloves and boots, 250 armor on cloak are all fairly cheap. Mending is the "I'm not spending 2000g enchanting that" weapon enchant.
    Thirdly Glyphs and talents: the ones Tengenstein recommended are good.
    Next, gems: parry/stamina in red, dodge/mastery in yellow, stamina/mastery in blue.

It could be that you are being voted out of ZA/ZGs because of the two green items (helmet and belt). I'm not saying they are right to do so, but you really should be out of the greens before tackling those two instances.

Quote Originally Posted by Fetzie View Post
    First of all, I would encourage you to read the guide I wrote on Protection Paladins.
    ^This. Invariably. Well written, not too mathematical for a game (Which would have changed my opinion greatly), but that's beside the point. You're at the same point (basically, by numbers) at which people started tanking t11 raids. Other than upgrading gear (Which does help but shouldn't be grounds for a boot), as long as you're playing intelligently you should be ok. That said, all you really need to do is reforge some expertise out of your boots and bracers for more mastery in your current gear and enchant the gear you plan to keep around a while.

Also, I don't get booted from troll heroics for having greens or >346 gear equipped. Neither should you.

Run heroic Vortex Pinnacle every day, the first boss drops a 346 tanking helm. You can insta que, down the first boss and leave - easy helm.

Or you know...finish the easiest heroic for the vp and NOT screw the other four people.
    "he doens't need healing, he doesn't need healing, he doesn't nee-WHAOSHIT!wtf was that man!". Please stop leaning on TDR. -Teng

Quote Originally Posted by sifuedition View Post
    Or you know...finish the easiest heroic for the vp and NOT screw the other four people.
    Who's screwing anyone, that's just silly, just leaving after the boss, say "gotta go" no big deal. Not saying you wipe them or anything.

I play all ten classes, all four roles. Unless a group is incapable or Massive trolls, I never leave a group. If a tank leaves early, I always think less of them and feel a little screwed. Just sayin
    "he doens't need healing, he doesn't need healing, he doesn't nee-WHAOSHIT!wtf was that man!". Please stop leaning on TDR. -Teng

I play 7 of 10 classes and am not opposed to leaving a group and really don't take it personally if someone leaves. If they leave and cause a wipe or ninja a piece of gear, that's different, that behavior I have issues with; but I just view heroics as a means to an end and just business; people do run them for specific bosses or drops, if they leave without causing an issue I'm fine with that.

In the low level dungeons people come and go like crazy - who's in to just ding, who wants a piece of gear, etc.

I actually had to drop group last night on my bear.. but that was girlfriend aggro. However, if the healer hadn't been shit, my first run as a bear EVER would have gone swimmingly.
    I'm way better at holding my liquor than a panda.

Quote Originally Posted by Theotherone View Post
    I play 7 of 10 classes and am not opposed to leaving a group and really don't take it personally if someone leaves. If they leave and cause a wipe or ninja a piece of gear, that's different, that behavior I have issues with; but I just view heroics as a means to an end and just business; people do run them for specific bosses or drops, if they leave without causing an issue I'm fine with that.

In the low level dungeons people come and go like crazy - who's in to just ding, who wants a piece of gear, etc.
    There have been a number of threads recently about LFD ruining the wow community. This to me is just giving in to the bad side of LFD. Just because others do it, doesn't mean I should. I still do not need roll a dps piece when I'm tanking or vice versa unless the player in that roll greeds / de's / passes. I treat the game with the same courtesies I did when all groups were server only and you had a rep in the community.

Quote Originally Posted by sifuedition View Post
    There have been a number of threads recently about LFD ruining the wow community. This to me is just giving in to the bad side of LFD. Just because others do it, doesn't mean I should. I still do not need roll a dps piece when I'm tanking or vice versa unless the player in that roll greeds / de's / passes. I treat the game with the same courtesies I did when all groups were server only and you had a rep in the community.
    This needs a +1 button.
    I'm way better at holding my liquor than a panda.

+ Reply to Thread