+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Warrior tank 10m HM gear check

Warrior tank 10m HM gear check

We are 2/7 and I am using my warrior to tank for our 10m HM group. Issue I have is I am not sure if I should drop my pure mastery gems for mastery/stam or some other gem combo. So far I haven't had any serious issues for the group, but we have only downed Shannox and Domo so far. Starting the firebird (I cant spell his name, sorry) tonight, then more then likely Baleroc and Rhyo. Should I change anything based off what you see in my armory.

note: I do change trinkets around some but not 100% sure the time to do so.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Pruke/advanced

i would swap shoulders and chest with the rag and beth ones and replace your stam trinket with the rep mastery/on use strength one to get more ctc coverage. other than that looks good imo....
    -Jimmy

|Ex Tank|

TWITCH.TV STREAM

Thanks, I put those 2 on. I just had assumed the 4pc bonus was stronger.

With 4pc and rep mastery/str on use trinket I have 91.72 ctc, with rag shoulders/beth chest I have 92.77 ctc unbuffed. It seems that the 4pc bonus is worth more then 1.05 ctc coverage, or am I mistaken?

For the items with dodge+parry, highest stat goes to mastery. And reforge some parry to dodge to keep dodge rating ~= parry rating unbuffed. This should give you more ctc.

Edit: gem on ring, not consistent with others
    Edit2: I think firebound gorget may be better than VP neck in terms of ctc.
    Last edited by Tschus; 10-20-2011 at 09:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pruke View Post
    with rag shoulders/beth chest I have 92.77 ctc unbuffed
    wat? i have 92% on my 364 ilvl prot warr completely unbuffed....

edit: you are forgetting to add 5% to your ctc for chance to be missed.
    -Jimmy

|Ex Tank|

TWITCH.TV STREAM

I prefer the 4set over beth chest/rag shoulders. Besides its easier to get 391 shoulders of domo. This is me for reference: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rugly/advanced You can go with double mastery trinkets since on 10man there is a lesser need for stamina compared to 25man.

For alyzrasor hc you want to have 24 expertise and use essence of eternal flame, strength on use is nice can be macroed into shieldblock. If you feel like you lack dps on the hatchling you can switch in a dps trinket. Most important part of the fight is feeding the hatchling worms at the right time so they don't throw tantrums if you get that right surviving should be easy mode. You got a bit less time to dps the 4th hatchling down (firestorm comes earlier) usually use recklessness on that one.

For baleroc i use mirror trinket (for fireblades) and the brewfest trinket. Essence of eternal flame is also good as second trinket, little more ctc and strength on use for dps, will lack the dodge on use from the brewfest one then though.

For rhyo I just use regular survival tankset, but i can see some more dps from the tanks being useful on 10man so gear to what you need.

Looks pretty good, there are a few minor changes I would recommend, most of which have been said above.
    Gemming Chest vs Shield inconsistent
    Gemming Ring Parry/Mastery over Parry/Stam
    Dodge/Parry when fully buffed are too far out of sync
    BoE neck is better then valor the one, especially once upgraded.

I personally preffer the 4pc bonus over the Shoulder/chest off pieces.

Hope that helps.

Just have not had the BoE neck drop yet.
    Not sure I understand what you mean about the gemming, but I am at work, I can respond but I cannot look at anything. Perhaps it will make more sense when I get home and loot at it.

Regardless, thank you all for the advice and I will gladly take anything else you want to add.

I included the BoE neck in suggestions because I saw in your activity that you obtained one. lol

Fix your reforges, there's no reason to reforge OUT of mastery into avoidance with your current gear, eg helmet.

helmet: parry to dodge
    chest: i'd grab two puissant gems
    wrist: dodge to mastery
    shield: parry to mastery
    waist: dodge to mastery

With those changes you're only 1% (with two elixirs) off full ctc but i'd grab four-piece again reaching full ctc 2/3 of your time tanking while dropping only 0.x% avoidance and maintaining your current ctc value.

Ps: with your profession combo just use your JC gems in your three prismatic sockets, this way you'll never have to worry about matching color for socket boni etc

Yes, I have one and forgot that I had it. It's on now, felt pretty stupid once I realised that one.

Klausi,

Thank you for the reforging assistance. I have put back on my 4pc and reforged the shield and waist as suggested. Since I now have on my tier chest and helm I did not change the reforging on my helm as you suggested, because I am not certain it still applies. Also I did not regem my chest as you suggested because I am now wearing my tier chest and was not sure if changing those gems would still apply.

When you have time please look it over again and let me know what you think.

edit: at 100.64 with mastery food/elixir, might, motw, battle shout now..
    Last edited by Pruke; 10-21-2011 at 06:01 PM.

Well there are some things you should do on your own like checking for interesting socket boni or thinking about the itemisation and possible reforges. You didn't reforge your chest or your wrist, they both lack mastery and until the cap you just want it everywhere.

Only after that you want to balance the widening gap (dodge <-> parry) via further reforging, in your case legs and feet from parry to dodge.

If you're happily using two elixirs you can also reach full ctc by now, using three off pieces and ignoring all socket boni until you grabbed some 391 upgrades (actually using three puissants into shield and belt to keep your meta active).

But you would end up with only 178k hitpoints raidbuffed and no mirror of the broken images in that setup, is this really worth it? I'd go with mirror, 4 piece and a stamina flask... tank death from raw physical damage is highly unlikely after the 15% nerfs and if you keep a high shieldblock uptime (only delaying it for large physical/magical bursts if really necessary) and demoshout/thunderclap applied there's nothing to worry about.

Ok, so everything looks very good with Geming and Enchants. Except your legs, I'm thinking you forgot to switch a gem out there? (assuming of course you disreguarded the socket bonus)

Reforging: Now I believe that we warriors are still supposed to have (Parry=2~3%>Dodge) Now it doesn't ahve to be a full 3%, in fact i wouldn't recomend pushing it. But, ther are a few thing I would do nonetheless.
    Chest: Dodge to Mastery (golden rule of reaching CTC, if it doesn't have mastery make it have mastery)
    Shoulders: Hit to Parry instead of Dodge
    I think that SHOULD put things in place, befor changing the shoulders though i would suggest restoring your head peice to it's original spledor.

Greg, the amount of parry/dodge imbalance is based on how much total avoidance you have and much mastery you have, High levels of total avoidance Ratings push this down, while mastery pushes this up, and that's while fully buffed, 3% difference was what is was back when we were in a mix of 346/359 gears, as gear improves that number goes down. in his gear he wants about 400 more parry rating than dodge full buffed, which is not quite what he'll get from kings and battle shout but heh, you're squabbling over a 100rating or so.

This of course goes completely out of the widow once you are within scraping distance of unhittable, and with prukes current set-up between shield block, wind walk and essence of flame he can probably be unhittable for a very large amount of time.

I think I have made all the changes suggested, if I am missing something by all means feel free to let me know. Once again thank you all for your time/assistance in correcting the areas I needed corrected.

Chest reforge, dodge to mastery instead of parry to mastery.

+ Reply to Thread