+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What do you think Blizz needs to implement?

What do you think Blizz needs to implement?

Mine are more focused on account features. First and foremost, 6 years of WoW and blizz has yet to allow you to shuffle your toons' order around on a realm character list. Maybe I'd like all my toons sorted by lvl on my list, or maybe sorted by faction, or w/e, but I can't.

Secondly, I've a friend whose brother got hacked even with an authenticator, and I believe the following security options should be available for those who want to make their account security EXTRA tight:

For all login places, a virtual keyboard should be implemented to end the keylogging problem once and for all, as my brother told me virtual keyboards are too complicated for anyone to want to crack. For account management, have an option to be required to answer 3 security questions of your making, so then for anyone to access your account in an attempt to jack it from you, he/she would have to know your answers, and if you make it like really personal stuff like what tattoo your gf/wife has on her thigh, it'd have to be her trying to lock you out of your account to spend more time with her for any hacking to be possible. Stuff like that.

How are my ideas, and does anyone have any other ideas, and in any area of the game?

Oh yes, and more GMs. The wait time for a ticket is....ridiculous.
    Speak out! Ask for Stargate Atlantis to be brought back!
    http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/SaveSGA/

Mandatory Internal Quality Assurance Testing that includes having to do ALL solo quests in groups of 5, ten times a day.

haha to make sure ppl work well in teams huh?

There's a reasonable number of quests take exponentially longer if you try to duo them due to bad mechanics: vehicle quests where you only get credit for your vehicle's kills, quests where you have to use a poo siphon on poo that despawns or is tapped when you use the poo siphon and only you get credit, quests where you have to get twenty bear asses where bear asses drop once every 3 mobs and if you have it on group loot only one person ever gets bear asses, etc.

If you've got a friend, girlfriend, significant other, etc. that you like playing with, these kinds of quests are senselessly frustrating.

reminds me of the headless raptors and hoofless zhevras of pre-cata barrens.

I have lots of ideas on this but i will only give a few.

1. Account achievements. We have character achievements, guild achievements, why not account? Do i really have to explaore all of Azeroth 10 times for the explorer/loremaster achievement on each character? Did it change since i just logged out?

2. Make LFG instance finder have more options. Give the option to search for a specific class, Ilvl, dungeons completed. Something so you can attempt to weed out the bad PUGs we all know exist.

3. Make loot rules in dungeons follow your chosen role. Not just what you are capable of using. There is no reason a Healer Shammy should take 3 items from a Hunter in 1 dungeon because their offspec is Enchancement.

I still think blizz should start penalizing the losing side in bgs....yeah it may hurt me since the Alliance is completely incapable of winning a single bg 24/7, but it'll help me later when it weeds out all the idiots in the groups I get.

I'm sorry but all I do for pvp all day is pretty much Tol barad offenses. On my server, the alliance and horde just swap it out every 2 hours. It's the only way I can gear in pvp without losing my mind. So if any horde wondering why horde queues might be long, it's because we alliance are tired of all our idiots. I don't queue for bgs anymore if I can help it, and until Blizzard can fix stupid, I'll continue my boycott.

@ Zelf - I kind of like having separate achievements. My Paladin may be a Champion of the Frozen Wastes, but my level 60 Druid alt is not, and so forth. I like to think of my toons as separate entities, with separate achievements to their name.

@ Val - I think Blizz should buff the losing side, so that TB could at least switch sides once in a while. In the past two weeks, we have had TB exactly ONCE when I have been logged on. Ally fail.

Quote Originally Posted by Valandris View Post
    Secondly, I've a friend whose brother got hacked even with an authenticator, and I believe the following security options should be available for those who want to make their account security EXTRA tight:

For all login places, a virtual keyboard should be implemented to end the keylogging problem once and for all, as my brother told me virtual keyboards are too complicated for anyone to want to crack.
    You do realize...

A keylogger is useless against an account with an authenticator. Your brother would have been the victim of a man in the middle attack. And even your suggested fix, would not protect them against a man in the middle attack.

Additionally, "virtual keyboard" information can still be captured. You are just logging a different type of hardware interrupt instead of keyboard keystrokes.

So it would fail on both counts.
    "In anything, if you want to go from just a beginner to a pro, you need a montage." /w TankSpot WTB Montage for Raiders.

This topic has the makings of a QQ topic. While it is a fine discussion point, I find the original poster's arguments as a statement of Blizzard's shortcomings in their eyes rather than simply suggesting how to improve things. It started out more as "this is what Blizzard does wrong" instead of "this is how things can be improved".
    "In anything, if you want to go from just a beginner to a pro, you need a montage." /w TankSpot WTB Montage for Raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Valandris View Post
    virtual keyboards are too complicated for anyone to want to crack.
    Do you have any idea how easy it is? I'm guessing you're not a software developer or similar by trade.

Quote Originally Posted by Vigilant View Post
    @ Zelf - I kind of like having separate achievements. My Paladin may be a Champion of the Frozen Wastes, but my level 60 Druid alt is not, and so forth. I like to think of my toons as separate entities, with separate achievements to their name.
    My toons don't share achievements; they all have their own.

1) A big reduction in the price of realm transfers, and other account services. $25 per toon is waaaaaay too much. Why not $25 for three transfers? Or something along those lines. The services aren't new any more, and it's not like someone manually has to do each one.

2) A bigger default backpack. Come on, it's 2011. Terabyte hard drives are cheaper than ever. WoW has been out for over six years. I think the hardware can handle a larger backpack by now. If they can handle having 12 million accounts (or whatever they count), I think they can spare some more virtual space for the pixels they keep giving us.

3) A default UI that you can actually edit and maneuver. As I said on another thread, why do we still have to see the bag and micro menu bars on the default UI? I can understand why new players should see it, but once they do, why does it need to be there? We know the keybinds. We know how to change the keybinds if we want. We know how things work. Allow us to turn them off. Same thing with unitframes - what's the first thing everybody says in their UI tutorials? Move the unitframes down where you can see them without having to look around. Well, WoW won't let you. Rift will. Even LotRO will, and that game's a few years old itself. So come on, Blizzard. I'm tired of having to use a UI that doesn't fit my needs until mods are updated every patch. I'm tired of Blizzard breaking mods every patch. I'm tired of buggy mods, or memory-intensive mods.

4) Some real innovation would be nice. Everything Cataclysm did was either something that repaired something broken in the old content, upgraded the old content, or built on the old content. Where was the fresh new stuff that we'd been hoping for? A "Plants vs. Zombies" minigame? Please. We'll just go play Plants vs. Zombies. A ripoff of the Indiana Jones movies in Uldum, with your toon as the passive observer? Boring. Especially since Uldum held so much promise as the secret testing grounds of the Titans (what could be in there, what secrets did that place hold? What either broke in or broke out of there, and where is it now?)

Maybe I'm just burned out - I've been playing since 2005, and that's a long time. But I see games like Rift and Guild Wars 2, where you're not locked into one playstyle, where everybody can heal - these feel fresh and new. WoW feels stale and old.

Dynamic Play

I'm getting tired of doing the same quest paths over and over again

Customer loyalty rebates. One free month every year, or some such thing.

IMO they should ditch whoever came up with the idea to "retcon" all their lore in any game they ever produced.

Sell gold, donate it to charity, and essentially eliminate gold farmers/hackers.

Hello, Im new here, and sorry if my english is not the better...

I would like to see some Account achievements in wow.
    I got 10 chars lvl85, 1 of each class. I had them lvl 80 with all maxxed professions (450), and im working to maxx them to 525 too (still working in eng, lw, bs and jc). i got no achievement at all for that
    My main is a ilvl 360 holy priest so i raid too but raiding or making dungeons is NOT what i like to do more... hes got 10k+ achievement points already btw
    I would like to see more profession achievements, more hardly crafted items for each profession, with better rewards (just like the archeology ones), i would like to craft orbs for the professions without doing dungeons. I would like to have my own shop where my chars could sell their crafted items, not in AH)
    When i created my first char i wanted to create an old man mage (like Lord of the Rings's Gandalf) but i only can create sexy Nelfs ... blizz could maybe work on that...
    Ah! and i would like to have the portals again at shattrath and Dala to keep those cities ALIVE!!!!
    Last edited by Dina; 06-17-2011 at 01:50 AM.

blizzard doesnt need more security,people should just use these things that god gave them call brains and there accounts will stay safe

although maybe im a bit biased,because 90 percent of the stuff i hear from people that play WoW that blizzard should implement that they call good things.are just stupid suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by Mhoram View Post
    1) A big reduction in the price of realm transfers, and other account services. $25 per toon is waaaaaay too much. Why not $25 for three transfers? Or something along those lines. The services aren't new any more, and it's not like someone manually has to do each one.
    I'd be happy with $10 transfers, honestly.

+ Reply to Thread