+ Reply to Thread

Thread: CTC (Combat table Coverage.) For healer classes.

CTC (Combat table Coverage.) For healer classes.

Hello, i have seen the Combat table Coverage for tanks. And im wonderting if its anything like this for healer classes?

It would be very nice if you could answear me on this And if you know any, please send a link, or tell me where to get it.

- Ángél.

Haste softcap for certain healers.

Any links to a site that shows this ?

Quote Originally Posted by Prebex View Post
    Any links to a site that shows this ?

http://theincbear.com/math/resto-haste-breakpoints

I may be over-complicating this, but I am having a hard time actually understanding what you are looking for.

Combat Table Coverage (CTC from here onwards) is a metric that tanks (predominantly Protection specced Paladins and Warriors) use to determine how close they are to blocking every hit from a boss that is not avoided through parrying, dodging or being missed. The only thing relevant to healing about CTC (and having it full) is that the tank with full CTC will ultimately require less healing than a tank without full CTC. To the best of my knowledge, healers do not have to contend with these mechanics.

This, inevitably I guess, leads me to ask you if you could possibly reword your question as I am having trouble working out what you actually mean by this:

And im wonderting if its anything like this for healer classes?
    I would love to help, but I can't really do that until I understand what you are looking for

A healing combat table...

Heals can have 3 possible results.

1. A normal heal.
    2. A critical heal.
    3. Target is immune.

Those three events comprise 100% of healing spells cast.

External mechanics such as debuffs can effect healing. For example, healing can have a reduced effect or no effect at all as the result of a healing debuff. Targets can also effectively be immune to heals (effects like a Druid's Cyclone), there is a difference between being immune and having the effect reduced to 0.

That's every possible event that can occur as the result of a heal.

So as far as a "healing combat table" is concerned, there are only two events which can be controled... non-crit and crit. Both events are restricted to a maximum of 100% of the events which occur. Increasing crit decreases the amount of non-crits.

Tanks, shield tanks in particular, like to focus on maximizing combat table coverage in order to push events such as normal hit off the possibility of results. They have a clearly defined goal. The same is not true of healers. You're trying to apply the logic of a tank to a healer when functionally a healer is actually closer to a DPS than a tank.

Healers have two concerns.
    1. Throughput
    2. Sustainability

They increase throughput by increasing throughput stats of Spell Power, Intellect, Crit, Haste, and Mastery. This increases the effectiveness of their healing per spell.

They increase sustainability by increasing Mana Pool, Intellect, and Spirit. Sustainability however is not only gauged by these stats. Increasing throughput actually increases sustainability because you heal the same amount in fewer spells, thus resulting in more mana left. Additionally if you heal larger with smaller efficient spells your spell selection may also be altered by your elevated throughput (if you can afford to cast two efficient heals instead of one inefficient heal you last longer healing efficiently).

Numbers which are important for healers will differ depending on class and function in the raid. Their decisions may not only be based on what is ideal for themselves, but what is ideal for the healing team.
    "In anything, if you want to go from just a beginner to a pro, you need a montage." /w TankSpot WTB Montage for Raiders.

Hello, i have seen the Combat table Coverage for tanks. And im wonderting if its anything like this for healer classes?

It would be very nice if you could answear me on this And if you know any, please send a link, or tell me where to get it.
    Would help if we knew which class. If you're asking what I think you're asking, yes there are certain "caps" and stat goals to hit for various classes.

Priest.

I have a holy priest healer.

Maybe he means the 12.5% (almost sure thats how much) haste priests need for the 5th renew tick, then itemizing mostly for mastery or crit.
    I pretty much see this question as Fetzie already explained. CTC is a tanking mechanic, it doesent apply to healing. As Quintafoi put out, healers concerns are different. While a tank worries about ctc to make healing him easier, healers try to put out maximum sustained healing.
    Trying to find the parallel OP might have wanted to find between healing and tanking, maybe he is looking for certain goals to prioritize itemization (like block tanks fo for mastery) untill a certain "cap" which in turn pushes the itemization value of other stats more important (thus my example of haste untill 12.5% then something else).

+ Reply to Thread