+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Taunt issue on Rag

our dk had probs pulling off our warrior last week he kept getting immune come up to his taunts thx teng will check there not over taunting thought it was a bug

Another thing to keep in mind, is that the Burning Wound debuff the tanks gain, causes them to do apply another dot on the boss. This usually ends up being about 10% of my damage, and I suspect it increases the initial threat the first tank gets. I tank with my DK on this fight and usually pull first. The prot warrior who tanks with me sometimes has issues with losing threat after he first taunts, even though he uses vigilence. I just make sure to watch Rag's target closely after that first taunt off, and hold back all special attacks, or even stop melee. If he loses aggro, he just taunts back.

The problem is most prominent on the first taunt off. After that, there's usually no issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Ishamaelazure View Post
    our dk had probs pulling off our warrior last week he kept getting immune come up to his taunts thx teng will check there not over taunting thought it was a bug
    If you can get a combat log we can take a gander, I recall your warrior tank was still getting to grips with his stuff.

Think ours was a bug we didnt have a prob last night and the tanks say they didnt change anything

Without actual proof, you can't really write it off as a bug. Saying you didn't change anything and actually proving it was identical are two very different things. If you can not prove something is a bug, then generally speaking the more plausible explaination is the correct one.

Odds of the system failing for you and not for the tens of thousands of others, unlikely. Odds of something specific you are doing different causing it, very likely.

While bugs do actually occur (so it is possible you really did encounter a bug), claiming something as a bug without proof is just a scapegoat.
    "In anything, if you want to go from just a beginner to a pro, you need a montage." /w TankSpot WTB Montage for Raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Ishamaelazure View Post
    Think ours was a bug we didnt have a prob last night and the tanks say they didnt change anything
    It's more likely your warrior was messing up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kahmal
    ...there is no true progression for a casual anymore, just hand outs.

If there was a bug regarding Deathknight and Warrior taunts at Ragnaros non-heroic, these forums and the official boards would be flooded with talk about it. I also think it is much more likely (like 99.9999% sure) that your tanks simply kept using taunt when they didn't need to, and pushed the boss into DR, making him immune to the spell.

Soz about that guys unfortunatly didnt get logs so cant link them was just commenting from what our tanks said

+ Reply to Thread