+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: What game has really moved you?

Planescape: Torment, Max Payne 1&2, and Silent Hill. I may be forgetting a couple, but these few are the only ones I've played that made me think of them more than just a game.

For most console RPGs it's never really been the game but the soundtracks that stuck in my head.
    "Just because it's not nice doesn't mean it's not miraculous." - T. P.

Re: What game has really moved you?

Psychonauts was hands down one of the greatest games I've ever played.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

The Walking Dead adventure game. I sobbed like a baby at several points in that. I love the TV series, but the story, acting and characters in the adventure game are much better imo.

Other games:

System Shock 2: the game atmosphere and the wonderful audio logs created a very vivid experience for me; I just felt I had lived the experience of the ill fated passengers of the von Braun. Bioshock tried the same thing, but did it much less successfully (partly because they made the game too easy/shooterish).

Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines - again, another very immersive game. First play through, I started out loathing my character (vampires are yucky), haunting sewers living off rats in self-loathing. (I am the sort of gamer who always picks a paladin to play in an RPG). But you gradually get sucked in to the vampiric life style, so that by the time an old friend from your former life recognises you, you are as mortified as your character - afraid that she will drag you out of your new life style. By the end, I was wrapping my legs around my unfortunate human prey and feeding with great abandon. Damn, I never expected that.

Its definitely Mario and Dave after which there are also so many other games which I like to play like Angry Birds, Need For Speed, etc.

FFVII through IX. Endings were great with all of them (even if 8 was like FF:90210). IX I actually really liked, and I didn't expect to like it as much as I did. Though really.... ALL of them were great.

Legacy of Kain series..... Kain sure as hell ain't a good guy, but at the same time, he's admirable in that he's fighting against everyone trying to manipulate him to their own ends. Same with Raziel. Storyline can be a bit twisted and funky, but I enjoyed it. It doesn't really have any "heroes" though.

The HALO series. First 3 were cool and just really a neat twist on an old story from the Bible. The last one, Cortana steals the show. Big time. I'm not gonna say anything more as I don't want to spoil anything.

Warcraft 3..... just awesome. Flat out..... awesome.

Starcraft ...... just great series, though honestly, Kerrigan is proving to be the long term thread that drives that story. Tassadar was badass. Zeratul needs a bigger role though.

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic.... great story. Just front start to finish, engrossing.

Metroid series........ still awesome.

And last, one weird one..... Tie Fighter. As a space/fighter sim at that time, just awesome. The final missions, flying with Darth Vader as your wingman in a ridiculously awesome super tie fighter was just so bitchin'! That..... my friends, converted me to the Dark Side.
    No one tanks in a void.........

Really good stories that stick out in recent times are Walking Dead and Spec Ops: The Line. Walking Dead particularly. It has almost no action to speak of, but the story is very very good.

As far as old-ish games, I really enjoy the story of the entire Half-Life series (especially the ending of HL2: Episode 2). I really enjoyed the Space Quest series, particularly SQ5. It can always make you laugh. :P

+ Reply to Thread