+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Is it possible to keybind a pet's abilities?

Is it possible to keybind a pet's abilities?

Is there a way to keybind my corehound's Ancient Hysteria or do I have to click it every time? Also, if the pet name is important in the macro/keybind, his name is Fuzzy. Thanks guys.

Note: I realize this is more of a macro question, which has likely been answered a million times.. but the search function didn't turn up anything I was searching for.

you should be able to just make a macro

/cast ancient hysteria

and then drag it onto your bars.

It's indeed possible, much like Tengenstein above me said.

You should create a macro with this:

#showtooltip
    /cast Ancient Hysteria

Once you have created it you simply just put it on your actionbars and set a keybinding to it.

Awesome, thanks guys. I was worried it was gonna be some long, drawn out mess since it was a pet ability.

For keybinds, you can actaully relocate petbar keybinds in the ingame menu, but this will change it for all pets, not that specific one!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ion
    Damn old people, screwin' with my grind.
    Mists of Pandaria Protection Warrior Spreadsheet
    Warlords of Draenor One Minute Field Guides

The pet action bar is like any other action bar. Additionally it has default keybindings already, Ctrl+#. Only if a particular action is not already on the action bar would you need to add it to one of your own action bars. And you should never create a macro which is simply cast a single ability, rather you should have the ability itself from the spellbook placed on the action bar directly. That would be a waste of a macro otherwise. You could however choose to macro pet abilities with your own abilities for simultaneous usage.

When to Use Macros
    Last edited by Quinafoi; 10-17-2011 at 01:19 PM.
    "In anything, if you want to go from just a beginner to a pro, you need a montage." /w TankSpot WTB Montage for Raiders.

As others have said, you can either create a macro on place it on your action bars to cast that ability or go into your Keybinds window and setup a hotkey for the button on the pet action bar that the ability will be on.

Quote Originally Posted by Quinafoi View Post
    rather you should have the ability itself from the spellbook placed on the action bar directly.
    Unless I misunderstood Quin, as far as I have tested, it is not possible to place a pet action ability on the player action bars unless used in a macro. I've tried doing it on my hunter and it will not allow it.
    Bears are strong.

Is it possible to keybind a pet's abilities?

I believe its under special action in key bindings

Thanks again, guys. Quin, I'll check out that link once I'm a little deeper into this can of monster. Sleep-reading means horrible retention!

Quote Originally Posted by Crittable View Post
    Unless I misunderstood Quin, as far as I have tested, it is not possible to place a pet action ability on the player action bars unless used in a macro. I've tried doing it on my hunter and it will not allow it.
    Macrowned!! (so wanted to say that for months)

This is indeed impossible, although I would definately suggest adding in trinkets etc if you're gonna macro Ancient Hysteria for player bar usage. No sense in not adding them if you are making a macro anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by Ion
    Damn old people, screwin' with my grind.
    Mists of Pandaria Protection Warrior Spreadsheet
    Warlords of Draenor One Minute Field Guides

He's only 82 at the moment, so I'm still running Wrath trinkets (Pyrite Infuser and Herkumi War Totem). However, I already have more than enough JP to pick up Fluid Death when I ding 85. Plus I'm running BM spec (With much better results than I had in MM!) so maybe I could macro "Turn big and red" into it? THAT MAKES SENSE! That's on my to do list.
    I'm way better at holding my liquor than a panda.

+ Reply to Thread