+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: wow players view on SW:TOR

wow players view on SW:TOR

Hey, i haven't come across any threads but i expect there are some but... What do wow players think about starwars: the old republic?

Who's going to play it?
    Are people going to switch to it / move away from wow?
    Are people not interested?

I was just curious as to what people are thinking about with a new mmo that has similar stuff to wow.

If there are threads on this i am unaware of them so excuse me for a mistaken thread start.
    Bassist of Brothers Grimmer

is the NDA still up? I'm in beta and love it, but idk if I'm really allowed to talk about it much beyond that.
    [Today 09:38 AM] Reev: The older I get, the more I think those Greek philosophers were just annoying hipsters.
    Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

NDA is still up and no one will be allowed to talk about it. So yeah, bout it.

Tankspot Moderator
    Twitter: Follow me on Twitter! @Krenian

"Damnit!" - Jack Bauer, 24

Without going into details - NDA is still up edited by Krenian for NDA purposes.

Klausi, that actually goes against the NDA so instead of getting you in trouble, I removed the information. The only two pieces of info that beta testers at this time can even release is a) they're betatesting the game and b) they are a beta tester.

Just advising you about it. If you absolutely want to state your opinions, go nuts, but I figured I'd give you the chance to reconsider.

Tankspot Moderator

a) they're betatesting the game and b) they are a beta tester
    c) The game has lightsabers. ???

Maybe maybe not!!!?!!?
    [Today 09:38 AM] Reev: The older I get, the more I think those Greek philosophers were just annoying hipsters.
    Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

Toushiro is offline 私はあなたのことをいつも考えています。
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity View Post
    c) The game has lightsabers. ???
    D) WoW with a Star Wars skin? :O

Quote Originally Posted by Ciderhelm View Post
    I keep a few steel bars in my home.

Smartasses, the lot of you.

Let me preface this right now, and then you guys can do whatever the heck you want:

YOU ARE STILL UNDER THE NDA AND AS SUCH ANY INFORMATION BEYOND THE TWO POINTS LISTED WILL COME WITH RISKS OF BEING REMOVED FROM THE BETA! YOU HAVE BEEN INFORMED!

I mean I don't care myself personally, but I'm just trying to save your hides. Beyond this post, I won't do anything else but yet y'all jibber jabber about it. S'up to you now if you wanna break the NDA or not.

Tankspot Moderator

I'm not in the beta so I can talk all I want!

(Spoiler: There ARE lightsabers!)

Sorry Krenian, i tried to be as unspecific as possible - if even that's to much your removal was absolutely right So i can just state i tested it for a month and won't buy it from the experience i've made during that period although it has lightsabers.

S'all good Klausi, just looking out for a fellow tankspot poster so they don't get smacked for breaking NDA. Carry on.

Tankspot Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by klausi View Post
    i tested it for a month and won't buy it from the experience i've made during that period
    i've heard this a lot. everyone who says they will quit wow for swtor will be back within 2 months after release.....ssdd
    -Jimmy

|Ex Tank|

TWITCH.TV STREAM

GW2 looks good. My guild was considering transferring to GW2 to raid in it if it has good pve content. Buuuuuuut we will see.
    [Today 06:48 PM] Ion:swimming in a natural body of water ISN'T acceptable...it's momentarily tolerable

Toushiro is offline 私はあなたのことをいつも考えています。
    Quote Originally Posted by Destruyen View Post
    i've heard this a lot. everyone who says they will quit wow for swtor will be back within 2 months after release.....ssdd
    Don't forget people will end up quitting WoW and Star Wars once Skyrim comes out, well at least the die hard Elder Scrolls fans like me. (then again I've already quit WoW for now.)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciderhelm View Post
    I keep a few steel bars in my home.

Just like every other game in the last however many years, my brother will probably buy it, I will give it a chance and find myself less then interested. I mean perhaps I would get into it with the right people, but to be fair some of my friends have gotten me to reinstall Diablo 1, so I have a different set of standards for what I want to play, and what I will tolerate playing simply because its with the people I enjoy.

Edit: SW:G kind of dissuaded me from ever expecting a good star wars game (Outside of the lego one) so perhaps my opinion is slightly jaded on this one too.

wow players view on SW:TOR

The story elements of the game are intriguing and if they are as awesome as they look I may switch all together. But as with Warhamnrr and AoC, continue playing WoW as well.
    -------------------------------------
    killing faster means sleeping more - Thedom

I think the game looks awesome and I am as excited about it as I once was about WoW(Quite a long time ago)!
    Ignorance can be cured through education,but Stupidity is chosen ignorance!

wow has been my only mmorpg so nothing else really interests me. i saw some screenshots of gw2 and it looked really nice. i might give it a try when it comes out...

the only star wars game i liked was kotor, with everything i've been hearing about swtor it wont be my cup of tea...
    -Jimmy

|Ex Tank|

TWITCH.TV STREAM

A plus point of GW2 is that it isn't sub based (unless it has changed recently), you pay your 40 bucks or however much it costs and then you can play as little or as much as you like.

+ Reply to Thread