+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How am i looking anything i can do better?

How am i looking anything i can do better?

Thanks for any help you can offer in advance guys!
    Ok i know im reforged for some hit/expertise i just like it when im doing the 5mans

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Uktank/simple

Going thu firelands nicely just wondering if there is anything i can improve on ....maybe my talent tree ?

thanks

If you need hit/expertise in 5 mans you are doing something VERY wrong with your rotation, there was some justification for having threat stats back when the threat modifier was 300%, now thats up to 500% you just don't need them at all. So what exactly is your rotation?

Spec wise (fingers crossed the links work) THIS is highest threat single target spec, while THIS is the most rage stable single target spec. Basically you want same variant of 8/2/31 with 2 points flaoting between Imp.Rev, Safeguard, and Thunderstruck. You should change your meta at your CTC the Eternal is optimal, think about getting some better trinkets, Spidersilk spindle is fun, and the Mirror of broken images can be ridiculously good. The two you have are a bit meh. Scales is noce but you have to use it often and effectively to make it, well, effective and the stam's not something you particularily need, Stay is also a difficult trinket you use well, and while the static dodge is nice you still would prefere mastery.

Actually, the need for hit & expertise wasn't so much for threat generation, although hitting and damaging a target does generate that. And hitting constantly generates constant threat. It was for minimizing the boss's parry/haste buff result.

A parried blow generated a haste buff for the boss allowing him to deliver a hit that could beat the critical impending heal on the tank. This was back in the day when healing was a little more challenging. And the reason you stacked it so high was because on the PVE side, the elite bosses that you could be fighting could be 3 levels higher than you so you carried hit to 8% and garnered as much expertise as possible.

I, myself, have always maintained my hit and expertise cap at the expense of dodge. I have retired from raiding so I don't know what effect this has on the current heroic dungeons...

Hope this gives some insight.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerfuffle View Post
    It was for minimizing the boss's parry/haste buff result.

A parried blow generated a haste buff for the boss
    This is no longer the case...and hasn't been the case for quite some time.

Thanks for the input guys

Ive just always done it tbh for the 5mans since took it off and had no problems with agro so ive just kept it out and stacked my mastery etc,

Ive since got the shoulders w00t (look cool now lol) and had a play about with my reforging etc

im sitting on

mastery 57.63
    parry 16.24
    dodge 15.16
    hp = 165k

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Uktank/simple

Thanks again i'll have a play about with the spec tree

Looks awesome! Grats on downing Staghelm, btw. Also, you more experienced tanks please correct me if I'm wrong, but the Stay of Execution trinket would really help smooth out spikes long enough to get a couple hots rolling to control it right? I get that it's not OPTIMAL, especially not for a shield tank, but that thought is VERY intriguing.

thanks ! just started a new guild our first guild run we got 6/7 and had a quick try on rag....id only asked them to learn 4 bosses we had to stop to let the members learn the fights lol not bad concidering 80% of them had only done 1 or 2 bosses before.

Ive also got the mast/str trinket on as im trying to do more dps as fl bosses seem very easy for us.

My recommendation would be to use that after a tank swap and a switch to battle stance. Or just blow it every time it comes off cd for the hell of it.

Plan B sounds good !

Just posted this same idea to a Fury warrior and am doing this change myself, ditch Mining and level up Jewelcrafting. Chimera Gems get you 3 +101 STA gems for a total of 303 in contrast to the 120 STA you're currently getting from Mining. You can throw the Chimera's in prismatic slots you get from BS'n (gloves, bracers, belt) to not have to worry about any socket bonus compromising.

Link to Chimera Gems:
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=52196/ch...ye#reagent-for
    Last edited by Bumblebeard; 10-27-2011 at 03:04 AM.

How am i looking anything i can do better?

Even better, 67 mastery gems. Really helps with finishing off ctc. Stam is meh.
    "he doens't need healing, he doesn't need healing, he doesn't nee-WHAOSHIT!wtf was that man!". Please stop leaning on TDR. -Teng

quite a good idea tbh ! but at a high cost might do this when leveling my next toon

Quote Originally Posted by Bumblebeard View Post
    Chimera Gems get you 3 +101 STA gems for a total of 303 in contrast to the 120 STA you're currently getting from Mining.
    Except your forgetting that you would still fill those sockets if you didn't have JC, so what you're actually doing is replacing 3 +60stam gems for with 3 +101stam gems, so JC is only providing you with 123 extra stamina, a net gain of 3 stamina over the minings toughness. or ~49 health.

Sifu's right. Go with the fractured chimaera's eyes or it ain't worth levleing JC for ~49 health.

Speed-roll a Dk through levels/mining, and that should provide plenty of mats to level JC. I've always had trouble with blacksmithing myself or I'd do the same to catch the extra sockets and a masterwork deathblade.
    I'm way better at holding my liquor than a panda.

+ Reply to Thread