+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Enhance Needs a quick gander please.

Enhance Needs a quick gander please.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...%C3%B8n/simple

Stuff I know I'm doing wrong:
    PVP Neck
    Bracers enchanted for haste
    Missing a truckload of enchants
    Avalanche rather than Landslide
    Need to upgrade some pieces NOW, others just "ASAP".
    VERY Gold challenged, so profession leveling is at a serious halt at the moment.
    Not even raiding t11 yet, but learning the fights the best I can via video guides.

What I need advice on:
    When I have the JP to do so, should I swap out the coaster trink or the eye of rahj for Fluid Death? I'm leaning toward Eye of Rahj so I can reforge out of a bunch of haste while inching closer to spell hit cap. Confirm/Deny?

I plan to get the 346 neck from Hyjal rep until I get a decent drop. Good idea?

Reforging to crit: Better served turning it into hit/mastery since I get crit from agility?

I've finally kicked the troll heroic door down so that will open up some gearing doors also.

Note: Ion has done a kick-ass job of linking great gear in the enhance shaman guide, and while I love the idea of kick-ass raider gear, my schedule doesn't really permit that. I'm basically just looking for hints that would make entry level cata content an enjoyable experience at this point.

Worth noting that the pvp pieces (http://www.wowhead.com/item=70592 and http://www.wowhead.com/item=70594 in particular) are extremely good (certainly vastly better than what you're wearing), and you can trade in JP for Honor and use that to buy them.

Fluid Death is extremely good, the Eye and Coaster are both pretty mediocre...if you had the 346 Eye, I'd say keep that. Honestly they're pretty close. Expertise is a VASTLY better stat than crit is and the proc (agi) is better than the pure ap proc too...probably. Either or, really...you'll want to replace them both (also, do the Molten Front dailies...the meteor is better than both the eye and the coaster).

The Hyjal neck is fine, better than the pvp one you're wearing.

You shouldn't reforge TO crit until you've capped both hit (spell hit) and expertise and the piece already has mastery. Your stat weight is: Hit (to spell cap) > Expertise (to dodge cap) > Mastery >>>> Crit > Haste/Hit (after the spell cap).

There is some "beginner gear" linked in the guide too...Molten Front is a solid (if slow) way of getting some upgrades without raiding.

So reforge to hit, got it. I'm actually working on opening up the molten front right now. Did most of my leveling through dungeons, which was slow, but very educational. Right now I'm finding troll heroics to be a massive pain in the neck (The intelligence level in pugs is more awful there than regular heroics!) and the drop rate on mail upgrades for either spec is proving to be rather rough. Thanks Ion!

Enhance Needs a quick gander please.

Just go in with a different armor class. All you will see is agil leather and mail. =\
    "he doens't need healing, he doesn't need healing, he doesn't nee-WHAOSHIT!wtf was that man!". Please stop leaning on TDR. -Teng

+ Reply to Thread