+ Reply to Thread

Thread: looking for a check up, its been awhile

looking for a check up, its been awhile

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...zztguen/simple Hey all I'm looking for a little advice and scrutiny. Where do I next as far as my gear? I haven't had much luck on token drops to replace my head and shoulders. How is my reforging? Am I on the right track?Thanks guys

Replace your Nightmare Tear with a good gem, and get your dodge and parry closer together. They should be approximately 3% apart. Your feet should probably have an enchant that boosts run speed. Change your skinning to something useful to a tank.

And rename out of the Drizzt family.
    Kathy, I said, "I'm lost" though I knew she was sleeping
    I'm empty and aching and I don't know why
    Counting the cars on the New Jersey Turnpike
    They've all gone to look for America

Yes I keep forgetting to get a diffrent gem in my belt. And should I reforge to get a better balance between dodge and parry? Is that the best course or just adjust gear going forward? As far as the run speed bonus do you mean lavawalker ( I believe it is called)? I thought that mastery bonus was less than the one I have. Is run speed really better than mastery?

Thanks for the tips ( and sorry the names stay..lol. Been using them for close to 20 years )

Run speed is so much better. SO much better, the faster you move the easier it is to get out of the stuff, the slower you need to react to getting out of stuff, the faster you can get to where you need to be, and of course if your kiting abilities are enhanced.

Run speed might not have a mathmatical survival quotient but its the dogs ballocks really on any fight where you have to move (shannox, rhyolith, Alyzrazor, Beth, and Rag)

Well I started making those changes. Did some reforging, changed out my boot enchant, and dropped skinning. Getting BS up is going to take awhile. I only need to get it up to 400 to get the benefit, correct? I finally got lucky last night and got my helm token.

Your parry rating is double that of your dodge. If I didn't completely butcher what I read earlier, your avoidance ratings (Both dodge and parry) "decay" at the same rate. Reforging about 600 parry to dodge should increase your avoidance significantly by that thought, and put them both around 1800-ish rating

Silly math-for-a-game reasoning:
    Your first point of parry is worth a full point. The second is only worth .9 of a point. So on and so forth, until in your case as a prime example, you can literally DOUBLE the rating, and only see 150% of the comparable result.

looking for a check up, its been awhile

Www.askmrrobot.com, tells u exactly how to reforge/gem/chant and gives u bis lists for every single class/spec in the game

But it's also sketchy on some classes and specs from what I've heard. Does it work well for prot?

Well I got my blacksmithing up to 400 to get the extra gem slots. Did some reforging, the balance of the reforging I will do as I get more gear. I still need the shield enchant. I'm having trouble finding it on my server, I'll keep my eyes open for it. I will check into that site and see what it suggests. Thanks for all the advice.

Reforging is easy. Askmrrobot is dumb. Here's what you do:
    1) If it does not have mastery make it have mastery!
    2) If it has a non tank stat reforge that out accordingly.
    3) If it is a perfect Tank item you may reforge it situationally to balance your parry=3%>Dodoge.

Here are some things you can do to fix your parry:dodge, ** is a must fix, everything else is just things you CAN do to get them within 3-2.5% of eachother, you might need to tinker a bit.
    Helm: Parry to Dodge
    Chest: Parry to Dodge
    Hands: Parry to Dodge
    **Sword: reforge Hit to Dodge, NOT Parry
    **Ranged: ^Diddo^ Expertise ^Diddo^
    **Waist: Dodge to Mastery (you get more mastery out of this so obviously you'll need to adjust for more dodge accordingly with other Items)
    **Feet: Parry to Mastery
    Ring 1: Parry to Dodge

That is everything you could do with reforging, as i said do the ones marked with ** first and then go from there. I suggest messing with a few of the bigger numbers first and see where it gets you (helm) and then minor things for tinkering. I know you said you're waiting for more gear but why nt make yourslef better now, money should't be an issue, if it is go get your Cata Loremaster.

Gems (in case you were wondering)
    Yellow=Mastery
    Blue=Mastery/Stam
    Red=Parry/Mastery
    Prismatic=Yellow

You will notice a lack of pure stamina gems or gems with dodge on them.

+ Reply to Thread