+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Gear Check

Gear Check

Hey I have been working on my prot warrior. I'm just wondering if im doing my reforging and geming correctly any advice would be great! Also what should I be looking to replace my blue trinket with? Thanks in advance.

Armory Link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/laughing-skull/Dmn/advanced

changed armory link to show reforging done.
    Last edited by Varitus; 10-10-2011 at 02:14 AM.

Mastery > all, maintain dodge ~= parry, hit and expertise not important.
    So, any gears without mastery, reforge to mastery. Gem: parry+mastery on red, sta+mastery on blue, pure mastery on yellow.

Trinket: Mirror of the Broken Images from Tol Barad.

- You should have around 50% block, lots of pieces could use a reforge to mastery.
    - Also i see 2 dps pieces neck and ranged slot, neck is decent if you reforge it to dodge.
    - T11 chest from jp has better stats then the crafted one
    - jp ring is better then the expertise ring you have
    - Mantle of patience from the thrall questline is better or at least reforge hit>mastery on your current cloak.
    - Mirror trinket as said above is very nice another option would be the trinket from bethilec.
    - Would put 1 point from thunderstruck to fill out incite.
    - Can get the 65 mastery enchant on gloves if you have the mats for that but its just a minor thing.
    - Rep belt would be nice once you hit honored or get the one from shannox that's even better.

Hope it helps

Ok I changed all my gems etc. So anything else other then the trinket, neck, and Ranged wep? Also Should I use my vp to get the neck or save my valor points for the t12 legs, hands or chest?

I would try to get the boe neck that drops from trash and use valor for tierpieces and the ring. Tier legs/hands first and try to get the bethilec chest or you could try your luck in BH, but i had some terrible luck in BH lately so wouldn't advice changing anything for it specially since the legs/hands have perfect itemization while the chest doesn't.

I'd recommend the boots from Dragonmaw Clan over yours and the VP ring over the nemesis shell band.

Agree with above suggestions (also, chest still needs Parry -> Dodge reforge), as for spec:

For heroics, drop 2 points from Shield Spec or Gag Order & fill out Incite & Thunderstruck.
    Once you shift your focus to raiding, think about dropping Gag Order and/or Imp. Revenge for Cruelty and possibly those 2 points from Shield Spec back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ion
    Damn old people, screwin' with my grind.
    Mists of Pandaria Protection Warrior Spreadsheet
    Warlords of Draenor One Minute Field Guides

Gear Check

How far do I go with the parry reforging though? I did reforge to dodge because when I went straight parry, it was almost 1000 points higher then my dodge.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...atiograph.png/

Nice graph on the ideal parry:dodge ratio. It depends on your mastery ratings and combined parry/dodge ratings. Short version keep your parry dodge ratio around 1,2 and once you reach unhittable it can go a little higher 1,3. 4piece setbonus isn't included in the graph but you can see the effects of unhittable on the black and yellow line.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbad View Post
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...atiograph.png/

Nice graph on the ideal parry:dodge ratio. It depends on your mastery ratings and combined parry/dodge ratings. Short version keep your parry dodge ratio around 1,2 and once you reach unhittable it can go a little higher 1,3. 4piece setbonus isn't included in the graph but you can see the effects of unhittable on the black and yellow line.
    I think the ratio is calculated for fully buffed warriors right? We'll get some parry ratings through str buff, so I suppose it's better to keep dodge ~= parry before buff?

Apart from the fact that most warrior tanks enchant their weapon with windwalking which kinda provides about the same dodge rating on average as the parry rating you get from buffs. The only buff that affects our avoidance that we can't provide ourselves is Kings, so just get a pally to throw it on you and then eat, elixir, and battle shout up and you'll be golden.

Ok so I think I fixed my gear problems! I was just wondering if in T12 is it possible to reach ctc hard cap? (Without procs like trinkets and such)
    Last edited by Varitus; 10-15-2011 at 11:38 AM. Reason: bad spelling :P

Yes, can reach the ctc hardcap with full 378 gear 2 mastery trinkets and a mastery elixer. Might need 1-2 391 pieces depending on your professions.

+ Reply to Thread