+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Macros in spanish

Macros in spanish

So I had a couple of macros for both tanking and dps on my warrior. I then changed my language in warcraft from english to spanish. Apparently the macros have to be translated, but I don't know the appropriate translation for said macros.

What's the appropriate translation for:

/cast
    /castsequence
    /use
    /equipslot
    #showtooltip

Thanks in advance

If I'm not mistaken, those aren't actually translated. Rather only the names of things need to be translated.

For example.
    Code:
    #showtooltip Mortal Strike
    /cast Mortal Strike
    Would change to:
    Code:
    #showtooltip Golpe mortal
    /cast Golpe mortal
    That should function as expected and cast the Mortal Strike ability.

Use would have the same issue unless it were using a specific InventorySlotID like /use 13 or /use 14 to use a trinket. If it is referencing an item by name, the name needs to be updated.

Equipslot will need to change the name of the item you are equipping, the InventorySlotID does not change and neither does the command.

Conditionals will have the same base value.

/cast [pet:felhunter]

The pet would not change, however the value associated with the conditional "felhunter" would.

Finally, unit ids are the same as well so values like target, mouseover, targettarget, focus, player, raidN, partyN and so on are not translated.

/cast [@player] Innervate

Bold doesn't translate, underline does.

Hope that helps.
    "In anything, if you want to go from just a beginner to a pro, you need a montage." /w TankSpot WTB Montage for Raiders.

Forgot to mention specifics for castsequence.

The reset condition and the possible values assigned to it which are specific to castsequence macros only are not translated.

/castsequence reset=target,combat,30 ...

So both the reset term and all values you could assign to it don't change.
    "In anything, if you want to go from just a beginner to a pro, you need a montage." /w TankSpot WTB Montage for Raiders.

That actually worked; it was the spell indeed than needed to be translated. Thanks

+ Reply to Thread