+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Druid, D Priest, and Shaman comp on 10M Ryolith HM

Druid, D Priest, and Shaman comp on 10M Ryolith HM

This problem seems somewhat persistent but perhaps someone could give us some advice specifically germane to the Lord Ryolith encounter, 10m, HM.

Our Shaman, who has excellent numbers on all other encounters, even on 10m, is struggling to find a niche and lend a hand to what can become a fairly healing intensive fight. Right now, the Dpriest is the tank healer, Druid is of course swing/raid healing and the Shaman is ??? He's not quite sure what to do and we're not quite sure what to tell him to do to be helpful.

I've had him try healing rain/aoe heals in specific situations during the fight and he's tried spot/single target healing behind the Dpriest and the Druid and neither of those is lessening the thru-put burden on the Druid and Dpriest (e.g. they are healing around 15-16k for the fight, the Shaman generally around 8 or 9k).

I'm considering having him on the tank full time and perhaps having the priest play holy for the encounter but it may be another shot in the dark......

Again, he's aces normally....gear is fine, choices in casts/ targets seem to be spot on and is a good fit for our group I feel. He's just struggling as to where to find his role on this fight.

PLEASE HALP! Thanks!

Have you tried 2-healing the encounter? Adding another dps when you are dying to too much damage sounds counter-intuitive, but it often helps. How long are you taking to reach 40% on the legs? Is Rhyolith gaining Superheated before you transition him?

2 heal it. There's another post on this topic, but we 2 heal the fight with a H Pally (me) and a Shammy; basically the hps numbers look like H Pally tank and range dps healing 14 - 16k hps; Shammy on the melee around 12 -14k hps. Pre-nerf the only way to really do the fight was to 2 heal it, so I've been told.

Basically, I'm being told by others on my server that Rhy, Bale, and Alys are all 2 heal fights on Heroic. I've heard Staghelm too, but I don't know about that.

I like it! I didn't realize a 2 heal for these fights was the status quo. The thought did cross my mind, but I suppose I'm too yella to actually try it without some good supporting evidence/ advice from others. I appreciate the help!

Basically every fight in 10m heroic firelands is 2 healable. Beth'tilac is the exception - you need the third healer there.

Don't get me wrong, the fight sucks to heal; but it's really doable if the dps is smart and avoids lava flows, the tank picks up the embers quickly, the sparks die quickly and Rhy pulled over the volcanos quickly. Anything people can do to minimize raid damage is a big, big help. Also, 'lock cookies and healing potions are a big help.

'lock cookes and healing potions??? what are those??? lol Bandages did you spake??? Sacrilege!

Yeah 'lock cookies, booger cookies, greenies, 'lock candy - you know the only things other than a Soul Stone those gnomes are good for.

We 2 heal with a druid(myself) and our shaman. It's really not too bad if people avoid lava flow. And just be ready to pop cds around 40% and lust. Rotate cds when p2 starts. Tranquility and whatever else you have.

Quote Originally Posted by Theotherone View Post
    those gnomes are good for.
    Gnomes are good for nothing.

And yeah, 2 heal...basically everything, really. Rag, Domo, Asslaser, Baleroc, Rhyolith...Shannox can mean some running about, depending on how you do it but it's doable too. Beth'tilac is probably 2 healable now too, really...frenzy never really stacks that high anymore.

Rag on heroic can be 2 healed? I know we do it on normal, but doing it on Heroic (if/when we get there) never crossed my mind. God, and I thought Rhy sucked to 2 heal...I can't wait - and the stupid healing mace will never drop, it will be like cloth or leather crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Theotherone View Post
    Rag on heroic can be 2 healed? I know we do it on normal, but doing it on Heroic (if/when we get there) never crossed my mind. God, and I thought Rhy sucked to 2 heal...I can't wait - and the stupid healing mace will never drop, it will be like cloth or leather crap.
    Has to be, really. Need all the DPS you can scrape up.

I wouldn't want to 2heal Heroic Alys in 10m. Especially with such a low DPS requirement.

But to answer the OP's question, make him go Elemental.

Quote Originally Posted by Katarn View Post
    I wouldn't want to 2heal Heroic Alys in 10m. Especially with such a low DPS requirement.

But to answer the OP's question, make him go Elemental.
    If you do it right the only damage not on a tank is when the raid is bunched up in the fourth phase.

Beth'tilac isn't feasibly two-healable, what with the broodling killer needing healing aswell as the downstairs tank and dps and the extra dps in P2 won't make the phase short enough for people to not die to Ember flare. Over the whole fight our healers are at about 20k (druid), 19k (paladin), 12k (offspec disc priest).

If you do it right the only damage not on a tank is when the raid is bunched up in the fourth phase.
    Which, in and of itself, is a ton. Like I said, with the DPS requirement being so low it seems silly not to have 3 healers to make P4 easier.

Adding a third healer will not make that phase "easier". It will make it even more trivial. If people use their damage reduction cooldowns the damage going out is laughable, and raid cooldowns can be used from 90 energy onwards to mitigate the burst damage from the knockback. We have been killing the fight from day one with two healers, on normal and heroic, we only ever lost a player to that phase if a healer died to tornadoes and we couldn't pick them up (and even then if the druid is alive we have scraped through it on one healer).

Last Wednesday, Blazing Buffet did about 230k damage to each of our raid members. Full Power did 42k damage (One grounded phase, she lifted off at about 10% or so). It isn't a lot of damage. Our Shadow Priest took 40k more damage from his Shadow Word: Death than from the Buffet.

Every raid cooldown will be ready at the take-off point. Aura Mastery, PW:Barrier, Divine Guardian, Rallying Cry, Tranquility, Divine Hymn (only for one take-off per priest). They reduce the damage from the knockback to about 40k, which means people only need to be at about 30% to survive it, and with that amount of healing going out, nobody will be below 80%, especially if they use stuff like personal cooldowns.

+ Reply to Thread