+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: STOP! All classes/roles: Gearing/Playstyle/Spec/Rotation guides! Try here first!

Quote Originally Posted by Rystrave View Post
    IYou can't go to EJ and ask questions without getting snotty remarks (which was said in your post) so why would any WoW player want to go there for constructive critiscism and for help? It's like going to the official forums and asking for feedback on your rotation
    EJ exists in and of it self (or tries to) for the building of theorycrafting. It says in it's rules that it is not there for Q&A, its there to develop the theory and math behind the game.
    [Today 06:48 PM] Ion:swimming in a natural body of water ISN'T acceptable...it's momentarily tolerable

Quote Originally Posted by leethaxor View Post
    EJ exists in and of it self (or tries to) for the building of theorycrafting. It says in it's rules that it is not there for Q&A, its there to develop the theory and math behind the game.
    Even when it's completely and totally wrong. Good times.

Quote Originally Posted by Katarn View Post
    Well, to be fair, there are only like....8 of them.
    That is 8 guides not linked in the OP though Don't forget the guides in the DPS section.

Quote Originally Posted by Katarn View Post
    Even when it's completely and totally wrong. Good times.
    What is bad about being wrong? Prove to them why they are wrong (and they need more than "I have a feeling that...") and they won't ban you - if you can convince them that you are right.

This thread would be better if people stopped arguing about the pros and cons of different guides and stuck to linking good information.

So im a Prot Pala, what site u guys suggest me to use for my gear opimisation? Cuss everyone is talking Askmrrobot is bad? i have use it for my Resto Shaman all the way and never noticed to be bad?

Given that Theck helped them develop the ask mr robot, it isn't actually that bad for prot paladins. Otherwise follow the guidelines in my Guide and you will end up with pretty much the same results [shameless plug]

Since you all suck at this:

Tankspot Guides and Tutorials:Externally...it's easier to just link off to the class forums on EJ. They generally have a lot of theorycraft but no actual help.:Offsite utilities/spec/class-specific sites:
    • Maintankadin (Protection paladin infos)
    • Shadowcraft (Rogue tool, reforging, gemming, spec, dps sim)
    • WoWReforge (Reforge tool for all specs and classes)
    • Enhsim Download (Enhancement shaman dps simulation tool)
    • Simcraft (General dps simulation, works better for some classes than others...I'm not personally sure which it's good for, but use EnhSim for enhance shaman and Shadowcraft for rogues instead of this)
    • Rawr Download (Gear comparison and dps/mitigation simulation tool, quality of the class/spec modules varies from "pretty accurate" to "pretty atrocious")
    Last edited by Ion; 10-04-2011 at 01:39 PM.

Rawr is bad for Feral Bear. FYI.

Rawr is bad for a lot of class/spec combinations...I'll edit.

Don't forget Krenian's guide to DKs from tankspot! Unless of course he stopped updating it after Cataclysm released.

Quote Originally Posted by Ion View Post
    Since you all suck at this:
    Good list, Ion, thanks.
    Externally...it's easier to just link off to the class forums on EJ. They generally have a lot of theorycraft but no actual help.:
    I have to disagree here. The main post for each dps spec they have tells you virtually everything you want to know about what you should be gearing and what you should be doing. It goes deep enough for the attentive reader to find a lot of information there, and that's a form of help.
    They don't hold hands, and if you wanna know -why- they claim what they claim they expect you to be able to do some research, but the site is called "Elitist Jerks." That means "We are better than you, we know we are better than you and we'll tell you. At length. With graphs."
    Quote Originally Posted by Kahmal
    ...there is no true progression for a casual anymore, just hand outs.

STOP! All classes/roles: Gearing/Playstyle/Spec/Rotation guides! Try here first!

Quote Originally Posted by Charon View Post
    Don't forget Krenian's guide to DKs from tankspot! Unless of course he stopped updating it after Cataclysm released.
    I have stopped but I have been debating doing a new one up. Will depend on my motivation. I'm also specialized in frost dual wield right now so my knowledge of the two other specs are limited: this is mostly of my uber casual take on wow ATM.

Tankspot Moderator
    Twitter: Follow me on Twitter! @Krenian

"Damnit!" - Jack Bauer, 24

Quote Originally Posted by Martie View Post
    Good list, Ion, thanks.

I have to disagree here. The main post for each dps spec they have tells you virtually everything you want to know about what you should be gearing and what you should be doing. It goes deep enough for the attentive reader to find a lot of information there, and that's a form of help.
    They don't hold hands, and if you wanna know -why- they claim what they claim they expect you to be able to do some research, but the site is called "Elitist Jerks." That means "We are better than you, we know we are better than you and we'll tell you. At length. With graphs."
    By "no actual help" I meant "Jimmy can't go to EJ, ask a question and expect to have someone answer it. He'll probably just get infracted for asking, actaully." I wouldn't have linked to them if they didn't have useful information, but you're not going to get questions about that information answered there.

However, the EJ link for DKs told me I'm not being a total moron with my blood tank's reforging. I think tomorrow's gear-grind the DK day. Retired or not, I'm tired of not tanking on an at least occasional basis!

+ Reply to Thread