[Today 06:48 PM] Ion:swimming in a natural body of water ISN'T acceptable...it's momentarily tolerable
This thread would be better if people stopped arguing about the pros and cons of different guides and stuck to linking good information.
So im a Prot Pala, what site u guys suggest me to use for my gear opimisation? Cuss everyone is talking Askmrrobot is bad? i have use it for my Resto Shaman all the way and never noticed to be bad?
Given that Theck helped them develop the ask mr robot, it isn't actually that bad for prot paladins. Otherwise follow the guidelines in my Guide and you will end up with pretty much the same results [shameless plug]
Since you all suck at this:
Tankspot Guides and Tutorials:
Externally...it's easier to just link off to the class forums on EJ. They generally have a lot of theorycraft but no actual help.:
- Pyrea's Protection Paladin Guide
- Squats' Enhance Shaman Guide
- TGM's Fury Warrior Guide
- Shiz's Arms Warrior Guide
- Jorj's Ret Paladin Guide
- Airowird's Resto Shaman Guide
- Chamenas' Holy Paladin Guide
- Vexryn's Tanking Gear List
Offsite utilities/spec/class-specific sites:
- EJ Death Knight Forum
- EJ Druid Forum
- EJ Hunter Forum
- EJ Mage Forum
- EJ Paladin Forum
- EJ Priest Forum
- EJ Rogue Forum
- EJ Shaman Forum
- EJ Warlock Forum
- EJ Warrior Forum
- Maintankadin (Protection paladin infos)
- Shadowcraft (Rogue tool, reforging, gemming, spec, dps sim)
- WoWReforge (Reforge tool for all specs and classes)
- Enhsim Download (Enhancement shaman dps simulation tool)
- Simcraft (General dps simulation, works better for some classes than others...I'm not personally sure which it's good for, but use EnhSim for enhance shaman and Shadowcraft for rogues instead of this)
- Rawr Download (Gear comparison and dps/mitigation simulation tool, quality of the class/spec modules varies from "pretty accurate" to "pretty atrocious")
Last edited by Ion; 10-04-2011 at 01:39 PM.
Rawr is bad for Feral Bear. FYI.
Rawr is bad for a lot of class/spec combinations...I'll edit.
Don't forget Krenian's guide to DKs from tankspot! Unless of course he stopped updating it after Cataclysm released.
I have to disagree here. The main post for each dps spec they have tells you virtually everything you want to know about what you should be gearing and what you should be doing. It goes deep enough for the attentive reader to find a lot of information there, and that's a form of help.Externally...it's easier to just link off to the class forums on EJ. They generally have a lot of theorycraft but no actual help.:
They don't hold hands, and if you wanna know -why- they claim what they claim they expect you to be able to do some research, but the site is called "Elitist Jerks." That means "We are better than you, we know we are better than you and we'll tell you. At length. With graphs."
Originally Posted by Kahmal
Twitter: Follow me on Twitter! @Krenian
"Damnit!" - Jack Bauer, 24
However, the EJ link for DKs told me I'm not being a total moron with my blood tank's reforging. I think tomorrow's gear-grind the DK day. Retired or not, I'm tired of not tanking on an at least occasional basis!