+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Raid Finder - FAQ

Raid Finder - FAQ

So some additional detail on Raid Finder. Interesting that only get to roll on (not receive) one drop per boss per week; no farming Raid Finder.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/3608426

Q. How will loot be distributed?
    A. Automatic rolls and the Need Before Greed loot rules will apply in Raid Finder raids, just as they do in Dungeon Finder instances. Also, while Dungeon Finder raids arenít locked, you are only eligible for loot from a boss once per week. This means that if you were present for the defeat of a boss, whether you receive loot or not, then you will automatically pass on loot that drops during later attempts on that boss during the same week.

Q. Why aren’t other raids available?
    A. The Raid Finder is intended to help players experience the current tier of content. Also, many older raids don’t require a full complement of raiders, making the Raid Finder unnecessary. This is also the first rollout of the feature and we decided to start things simple, rather than potentially delay the feature’s introduction.
    If the Raid Finder proves popular, more raid instances may be added to it in the future.

Only DeathWing Raid in 4.3 ... kindda sux. I need some achievements in 25m on old raids I thought I could get from Raid Finder.
    Guess the future means another expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Rawer View Post
    Only DeathWing Raid in 4.3 ... kindda sux. I need some achievements in 25m on old raids I thought I could get from Raid Finder.
    Guess the future means another expansion.
    I think they said something along the lines of the standard achievements not being able to be completed in LFR raids (otherwise you could do "Glory of the Deathwing Raider" on the ultimate easymode where the mechanics you need to avoid for an achievement (think the Alysrazor achievement)).

Something i thought about today, you know how sometimes dps fails to accept when the que pops in 5mans. Now imagine getting all 25 people to accept in a 30 sec frame Oo

Kick votes will be fun.

After Bigbad raising that point about the readycheck, I would be less concerned about being votekicked out that getting in in the first place

Can anyone give me a clear answer to this, if i kill a boss in the LFR, will is till be able to get loot from the boss if i do it again with my guild on normal/HC?

Killing bosses in LFR will have no effect on your loot or killable bosses in the real raids.

AFK DPS players are going to be seriously annoying. I know you can't exactly predict when you'll need a bio break, but DANG. Also, on the note of players not accepting the ready check, has anyone else experienced being trolled by tanks in LFG?

I guess we'll build some raids with ~ 15-20 people, filling all important roles and just need on everything that drops along the way. We can still trade it for 2 hours afterwards, can't we? And if not there's always the GM ticket.. sounds stressful as hell. I really hope they come around with an intelligent solution to loot distribution or it will be a nightmare for solo attendees.

Also wondering about queue times, since you can't queue for a BG and a random dungeon at the same time i'd expect we can only queue for LFR and nothing else at a time.. even with 17 dps slots to fill that might end in another 1/2 to 3/4 hour of waiting to get bootet for an absurd reason (if any!) seconds later.

Maybe you could create a pickup raid from trade to go there; if a randomly selected pool of 6 healers, 17 dps and 2 tanks are supposed to be able to clear it, a trade pickup should do just as well and you have the additional "insurance" that you are with people on the same realm so random kicks etc would maybe be less likely.

+ Reply to Thread