+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: ctc cap warrior question

Checked your logs out of curiosity Klausi. I will agree you approach seems to work well on this fight on 10man. Most unblocked melee hits are only around 60k and the dps increase you bring is fairly tangible. But you do catch a few unblocked hits every attempt I looked at, this would make it a lot harder for 25 man where you get smacked up to a 100k on a regular basis. All in all I think this is great for 10 man, but very selfish for 25s.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbad View Post
    Tank dps is only worthwhile on 10mans, which klausi runs afaik, and even then its only worth it on some encounters with a tight dps requirement.
    Dont think this case doesnt only appear in 10man. You can see WoL from example warrior-tank-dps at 30k dps in fights, where the tank is nonstop at the boss, which is the dps from a Tier11 damagedealer. The most of them only went 10-13 expertise. This is a like you put an extra dd in your lineup (shorter fight, less dmg over time, etc. blabla)

But to the after ctc discussion. As a warrior i prefer to aim hardcap with SB, this will negate every peak on meele hit, which you face. i know it is a role-system to block and critblock, but 80-90 with hdl are enough to barely not critblock. To reach or aim for the real hardcap of warrior mastery doesnt make sense imo. To control your critblockphases trough SB is fine enough.
    So what know?
    Pro Stamina:
    Non-Phys Peaks
    Extreme Phys-Peaks
    Catches some time for healers, if your out of luck
    Little more AP = More DPS = More not needed aggro

Pro Avoidance:
    - in case of parry, better hdl uptime
    - less dmg, but incalculable for healers
    - revenge-buff expires if not lucky (less aggro, an yeah without this arcane mages can be hard in their burnphase even wiht our 500%)

I think i would mix both options up, but i dare to get over 40-45% avoidance. The risk is imo to high after 15 avoids, that the healer can not accomplish the 3 hits after the luckyphase or other unexpectetd scenario of a suddenly dmg-peak no matter from what or why this is hitting you.
    "calculating, calucalting, caclaulting, cacalutling, wtf where was i? Ahhh. Callcutaling now it makes sense!"

I would be careful about WoL, I see quite a few wierd logs where they appear to be fighting Alyzrazor & another boss at the same time to get high tank damage on the other boss.

Both stamina and avoidance are valuable stats. Weighing one against another depends alot on how much of each we are talking about. 100K more health is obviously better then 1% more dodge. 20% more dodge is obviously better then 10K more health.
    Its important to keep in mind we arent arguing that one stat is "better" then another, im sure all here can see the importance of both, but rather what is the point in which avoidance is more optimal for survivability then stamina.
    Im more pro-stamina after CTC because base gear with a few reforges already sets me at 15% parry and dodge, and well into diminishing returns. If i where to start gemming more avoidance and using a avoid trinket, i dont see it going more then 2-3% up. Meanwhile i can get 30-40Kish stamina. On pure and untested instinct, i weigh that amount of stam over that amount of avoidance and prefer the stamina.

Mm no Aresius, we are arguing precisely 15 stam vs 10 avoid vs 10 mastery.

Quote Originally Posted by kopcap View Post
    Mm no Aresius, we are arguing precisely 15 stam vs 10 avoid vs 10 mastery.
    :/ goes to show that i shouldent butt-in on a conversation when im to lazy to fully read what was being discussed.

Though arguing the stat weight of a quarter gem worth of mastery, avoidance or stamina against eachother, out of context, seems pretty silly to me.

Quote Originally Posted by aresius View Post
    :/ goes to show that i shouldent butt-in on a conversation when im to lazy to fully read what was being discussed.

Though arguing the stat weight of a quarter gem worth of mastery, avoidance or stamina against eachother, out of context, seems pretty silly to me.
    It's not silly, because you can expand the discussion towards a full gem, or 2 gems or even half your gemming and a trinket or 2.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ion
    Damn old people, screwin' with my grind.
    Mists of Pandaria Protection Warrior Spreadsheet
    Warlords of Draenor One Minute Field Guides

Quote Originally Posted by Strucker View Post
    Shield Wall and Shield Block do nothing to help with the Decimation Blades. The Strength on use trinket and strength pots help alittle by boosting your Parry chance but as a warrior thats about all you can do.

DKs have a nice edge on that fight with the self healing and their +20% parry CD.

The self healing doesnt help with decimation blades since it put a debuff of -90% self heal; however the anti magic shell reduce the decimation blades giving dk an edge on decimation blades.
    But what's killing the tanks on baleroc is not the decimation blades (once healer understand how it work) but normal (and fast) hits; especially true for DK.

That's said, sorry for the out of subject.

+ Reply to Thread