+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: ctc cap warrior question

ctc cap warrior question

Hello I'm trying to get ctc capped or see if I can. Now that my guilds 6/7 heroic it seems like I can do it. my toon is http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rahil/advanced

I looked up the heroic upgrades for my items and this is what I came up with I hang around right now 98.2 CtC the only change i made was I want the shoulders off Alysrazor and I'm curious what I'd gain from the cloak off Rhyolith if i changed the i believe crit to dodge.

.84 .94 .71 .81 .4 1.34 .84 .95 1 1.14
    .34 .98 .55 .62 1.57 1.05 .74 .84 1.14 1.29
    1.71 1.92 1.26 1.43 1.97 2.39 1.58 1.79 2.14 2.43
    Increase on heroic
    .21 shield
    .17 weapon
    .42 shoulders
    .21 bracers
    .29 hands

So, my question is how do i get to the cap I'm still a percent off =\
    Last edited by bigshootr8; 09-30-2011 at 03:00 PM.

Professions, more gear - some people ignore socket bonuses (esp 10m raiders) to run more yellow gems. Others run older items that are better itemized toward CtC - similar to running more yellow gems.

If you still fall short you can ignore the shortage or run http://www.wowhead.com/item=65048

S
    hield block, 4-piece, trinket and windwalk will keep you mostly capped.

Re: ctc cap warrior question

For starters you will want to run the ilvl 365 tank cloak from the thrall quest line. It has much better ctc. If not you should be reforging the parry to mastery instead of the hit to max ctc. Another thing to look into would be the rag shoulders. They have a ton of ctc. Also, the valor tank bracers with a 40 mastery and dodge reforge to mastery offer greater ctc than the domo bracers

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Also, you have your helm reforged from mastery to dodge, while parry is BY FAR more abundant on the piece than mastery. Reforge the parry to dodge, not the mastery. By napkin math those fixes should cap you easily. If not, put in one 40 mastery instead of a hybrid and you'll be full ctc

http://www.wowhead.com/items?filter=...7:0.16042;gb=1

Gives you the highest ctc items for each slot except trinket, but that one should be fairly self explanatory. It doesn't include the random enchant cloak/legs from al'akir but those are so rare it's hardly worth farming them.

Me personally if two items are close to each other on the list I will compare stats heavily. If one item has dodge and parry... and the other has a ton of mastery and hit, i would prefer the dodge/parry one because the difference in damage incoming will be significant.

EDIT: the stat weights on the link are based purely on ctc values, with avoidance not factoring in DR.

Mantle of patience, crafted boots, mastery elixer+food and you should easily be unhittable. As said before head reforge is a bit weird if you aim for unhittable.

There is a good and detailed gear table on page 15 of the EJ prot warrior thread, both pre CTC and post CTC.

You don't want the shoulders off Alysrazor, the 378 T12 shoulders cover more than the 391 shoulders from her, the T12 have so much mastery. The T12 are best for CTC, sightly better than Rag's shoulders but the Rag ones are higher level, more stam and armor which might push them ahead.

I've been using askmrrobot I think they are trying to have me optimize my dodge and parry I'm not quite sure. I'm going to take out my reforge on my helm and see what happens. From the looks though it goes
    1. heroic rag shoulders
    2. heroic t12 shoulders
    3. Heroic alys shoulders

I think my cloak is fine but I want to change it with the dreadfire heroic cloak off Rhyolith is this something people to? Seems suggested on theorycraft sites.

It's going to depend on how my much dodge and parry you have and how hard DR kicks in, for me my spreadsheet shows Heroic T12 with hit reforged to dodge 0.09% ahead of Heroic Rag shoulders. Heroic Alysrazor are way behind even the normal T12 and Rag shoulders.

If agility still gave dodge the cloak off of Rhyolith would be way above the 365 quest one, but with agi only being crit it's a bit behind the quest one for CTC, you will also loose a lot of AP but gain crit and stam.

The heroic rhyolith cloak is good with two mastery gems and ONLY if you are trying to ctc cap. Overall id still run the 365 cloak but the logic does stand to use the 391. Askmrrobot prioritizes overall dmv reduction in the form of avoidance over ctc. The stat weights are preset to do that, use rawr or simcraft to ax your ctc

Well, I vendored the one from the quest so I'm stuck with the one from hyjal rep till I find a new one which I guess would be the dreadfire heroic cloak purely for ctc.

My cousin did the same thing. If you open a ticket, they will restore it for you

Thanks! That helped a lot. After I got my cloak back and now with the Elixir of the Master and the Mastery food I can now hit the CtC cap of 102.4. I'm actually buffed at .8 versus 4 but close enough. Now to figure out what to do now that I can get over the cap with buffs maybe gem stam or strength?

If you've hit the CTC either keep stacking Mastery to get more crit block or go more towards avoidance. Paladins go avoidance because their mastery caps out, ours does not however I've always felt that taking 0% dmg is bigger than taking reduced damage so I tend to favor avoidance over the mastery at that point. Don't know the actual math on it however that's my preference.

What does CTC stand for anyways? I've always just called it block capped or unhittable.

Also I'm surprised you had so much trouble hitting that did you run stam flasks or something? I've been nearly unhittable for most of Firelands combine that w/ tier bonus and procs I've been "effectively" unhittable for a while now.

CTC: Combat Table Coverage

Quote Originally Posted by Gneecapper View Post
    If you've hit the CTC either keep stacking Mastery to get more crit block or go more towards avoidance. Paladins go avoidance because their mastery caps out, ours does not however I've always felt that taking 0% dmg is bigger than taking reduced damage so I tend to favor avoidance over the mastery at that point. Don't know the actual math on it however that's my preference.

What does CTC stand for anyways? I've always just called it block capped or unhittable.
    Most of the guides I've read suggest going after a mix of avoidance and Stamina, for both Paladins and Warriors that are block capped. Can you link anything that would lean towards stacking more crit block?

Quote Originally Posted by Sebadoh View Post
    Most of the guides I've read suggest going after a mix of avoidance and Stamina, for both Paladins and Warriors that are block capped. Can you link anything that would lean towards stacking more crit block?
    If they put expertise on bosses.
    "I'll smash you and melt away Coolmint Island!"

I was using regular flasks from cauldron and the seafood feast. I could hit the CtC cap with procs and things along those lines but I wanted to hit the hard cap without the need for any of those things to need to be put into play. I'm just waiting to see what the impact will be now that I'm hard capped.

+ Reply to Thread