+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Full CTC [ Warrior ]

Full CTC [ Warrior ]

Can someone help me understand why I hear people are able to get passive full CTC in T12 gear? I have all pieces except helm and I'm not even close. Please look at my profile and comment. What am I missing?

Here is my profile:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...n/Lobos/simple

Any other comments appreciated.

Thanks!

If you're going for passive full CTC you should probably have pure mastery gems in yellow sockets, and want the Helm of Blazing glory since while it has a little less mastery than the eng helm it has more avoidnace and a yellow gem socket, also use the Thrall questline cloak, its has better combat table coverage than the 365
    Last edited by Tengenstein; 09-29-2011 at 07:46 AM.

Well
    - being nightelf (+2% miss)
    - having a cloak of Al'Akir heroic or Thrall Questline cloak
    - having the right professions
    - using two elixir over a flask
    all helps. Outside of that getting full CTC as a warrior is a tough task without BiS (=391/397) gear, especially if you want to reach it with Mirror.

http://chardev.org/?profile=240527
    full CTC + high ilvl (= lots of stamina) + gemmed for color + 4 piece + mirror + flask + dodge food (for those of us being lazy and using cauldron + raidfood)

You have to two "bad" professions (at least for reaching full CTC, missing out 161 mastery) thus you'll have to adjust accordingly.

Helm, mantle of patience, maybe firelands dailies ring, 391 shannox belt, 391 Tier legs, 40 mastery gem in belt & bracers and mastery/armor elixers. Also your professions don't really help blacksmithing is a 80 mastery bonus and JC 81 mastery.

Its mostly the mastery elixer and food that get you the last 2%, shannox belt is a crapton extra mastery as well specially if you get the hc one. Think that with the mentioned items you would get unhittable but not completely sure since you miss a little from your professions.

Which professions are best? Blacksmithing and jewel crafting? I have a sense JC will lose some value with the new epic gems so kinda reluctant to switch to that.

AFAIK only BS, JC, ANd alchemy give you the option to take a mastery bonus rather than a primary stat bonus

I have blacksmithing/enchanting atm pretty happy with it. Seems blacksmithing will be best in 4.3 and most other professions will be alright. As you said JC might loose a bit of value but I somehow still expect them to keep the bonuses equal. Would piss off quite some people if JC only gave a 61 bonus with epic gems.

Quote Originally Posted by Lobos View Post
    I have a sense JC will lose some value with the new epic gems so kinda reluctant to switch to that.
    BS and JC are the only ones whose provides a bonus to your mastery (except for Alchemy with a mastery elixir), everything else only increase your stamina (or engi stuff). That won't change with the implemention of new gems, the bonus from JC will only be smaller.

Go Night Elf, best warrior.

Grab a 'mastery profession'.

Use double elixir or dont - you may be in windwalk range of being CtC capped most of the time anyway.

Other than that just keep upgrading, never hurts.

Quote Originally Posted by klausi View Post
    the bonus from JC will only be smaller.
    on the ptr right now, jc gems are 77 of a stat. they buffed them like they did in wotlk to keep the same stat bonus as the other professions with the release of epic gems....
    -Jimmy

|Ex Tank|

TWITCH.TV STREAM

ooooooooooooh thanks for that, thats very good news

WoWScrnShot_093011_183854.jpg

Confirmed, as of today Chimera's Eye gems are +77 stat on the PTR
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggathon View Post
    Sounds like the guy who ran in front of the train had an even worse week than you guys did.

Anyone checked the other trade skills to see if blizzard changed their minds about not buffing them to match BS?

This is going to be a pain.
    If they change the professions, pre-Dragon Soul players are punished for having Blacksmithing (because they can't get epic gems)
    If they don't change them, DS raiders will be punished for NOT being Blacksmiths.

e.g. Now that they changed the Chimeara's Eyes, a non-raiding character (e.g. a PvPer) will have 30 stats extra vs the other professions. But if they change everything, the Blacksmith actually has a less useful bonus.

I hope they just put a trainer for professions inside Dragon soul raid (like after the first boss) that teaches you an upgrade for your professions, would solve the issue. Only get bonus if you raid Dragon Soul!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ion
    Damn old people, screwin' with my grind.
    Mists of Pandaria Protection Warrior Spreadsheet
    Warlords of Draenor One Minute Field Guides

On the PTR atm.

Chimera Eye gems grant +77 to a stat.
    Solid Chimera Eye grants 116 stamina.

Increase in stats:
    Chimera Eye: 10 stats
    Solid CE: 15 stats (because stamina is a cheaper stat)
    The box said: "Requires Windows 98 or better.", so I installed Linux.

idk why everyone is worrying about this honestly...the same concerns happened when they announced epic gems in the trial of crusader patch (iirc). they buffed every profession to match blacksmith's new bonus, i am sure they will buff every profession this time around as well....

if anything, shouldn't people have been more upset that leatherworking's stam bonus has been so much higher than any other profession's stam bonus since cata release? 40 stam to bracer enchant vs. 195 stam leatherworking only enchant, 75 stam over any other profession's bonuses.
    -Jimmy

|Ex Tank|

TWITCH.TV STREAM

Quote Originally Posted by Destruyen View Post
    idk why everyone is worrying about this honestly...the same concerns happened when they announced epic gems in the trial of crusader patch (iirc). they buffed every profession to match blacksmith's new bonus, i am sure they will buff every profession this time around as well....

if anything, shouldn't people have been more upset that leatherworking's stam bonus has been so much higher than any other profession's stam bonus since cata release? 40 stam to bracer enchant vs. 195 stam leatherworking only enchant, 75 stam over any other profession's bonuses.
    But in WotLK epic gems were more readily available than what seems to be the intent now.

Also, 195 stam = 130 of anything else, like Dodge. Normal enchant = 50, so 70 stat gain. The thing with stamina on bracers is that there is no 75 sta enchant as it should.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ion
    Damn old people, screwin' with my grind.
    Mists of Pandaria Protection Warrior Spreadsheet
    Warlords of Draenor One Minute Field Guides

+ Reply to Thread