+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Loot drama

Loot drama

We had an issue the other night where a fill in raider won a roll over a core raid team member.The core raider was upset that he did not receive priority over the one time fill in but we did not have loot rules in place so i gave to the fill in since there was no predetermined rules but to avoid this issue i am thinking of setting up some rules but if someone comes one night and is part of the kill just because they do not come everynight does that really give me the right to say that there effort was less and should not be rewarded.We are fairly casual we raid firelands 1 night a week we are 2 of 7 normal and then we full clear bwd or bot 1 night a week any loot rules that would be useful would be great dont want to use any sort of dkp system or anything to complicated but i do believe we need a better system than highest roll gets it to avoid anymore loot drama Thank you in advance for any advice or idea's

Kill more stuff in firelands and get more loot that makes people happy

In this specific case you needed the fill in raider to fill the raid and kill the boss so he put in the effort for it. Question is do your regulars deserve special treatment showing up once a week isn't that much and how often do you need others to fill your raid? Maybe try to get a few more regulars so people don't feel cheated when someone else gets loot? And with the recent nerfs in firelands killl more stuff

We normally don't need fill ins this was an anomaly .Yes i agree twice a week is not that hard of a commitment but a couple of my raiders think that the core team deserves priority so that we can progress further into firelands i am on the fence with the issue i see both sides and am not sure which is correct side.

One of the problems with giving core raiders priority in this type of situation is you get a rep on your sever for screwing fill ins and then it's tough to find fill ins when you need them.

Then again, I have a kind of a laid back attitude on loot, brought on mostly by Deathbringer's Will (one of the great dps trinket's of all time IMHO) i.e. it's all vendor trash. I wanted that thing so badly on my hunter and lost at least one roll to a Ret Pally (crappy trinket for a Ret Pally). Anyway, I did win it eventually and now it sits in my bank as a memento - along with Death's Verdict; that was an awesome pairing. So, whatever your core raider lost, will drop again (except for Finkle's Mixer Upper if I'm in your raid on my Priest cause it does not really exist) and it's vendor trash next patch.

It may be best that before you bring in an outsider, to have core raiders give you what they are looking for. Declare to the outsider that if Eye of Purification drops, it goes to X raider. Most people don't care.
    Jesus loves you seriously big time. He'd hug you until your eyeballs exploded out of your skull if he ever met you. He'd windsurf across the oceans of dead Nazis which he personally slaughtered to tell you that your new haircut is the bee's knees.. http://theoatmeal.com/comics/email

Re: Loot drama

I guess I left out a fairly important detail the fill in was still a person from the guild not just some random person if it make a difference

Sent from my Dell Streak

Honestly I think 10 man raids are best served by random roll and let the loot fall where it may. But if that doesn't serve the purpose the best non-points based system I can think of for 10 mans is Suicide kings. That still means you need to keep track of the list. If you ever add a new person to the list they just start at the bottom. It would be a little harder to use w/ Pugs but can still be done. Reserving normal boss drops is a bit uncouth IMO but if you clearly state at the beginning of the raid that is your intention and no one complains I guess you are good to go. The problem with reserving drops for players is it leans towards the Loot Council side and while LC is not a bad system per say it is most often the one that will spark heated debates over favoritism.

Rules are rules I will never give priority to a core raider over a fill in. otherwise your basically saying roll for loot and i might decide to just give it too who i want to. its a seriously bad trend to start.
    it should be one rule for all if you ask me.
    to be honest its kinda bad form of your core raider to moan about it.

Loot rules are enormously variable, there isn't a universal right or wrong answer. You're better off ensuring that whatever rule you use is consistently and fairly upheld than worrying over the exact parameters of the system.

For the minimum of drama, I think a simple roll of the dice is best. It then leaves decisions like "Well, I think Fred will get more use out of it than me, so I'll pass" to the individual players, not an arbitrarily assigned manager. It will work better if you can rely on the maturity and empathy of the people you will be playing with, but it'll function in any group of people.

My opinion is that the roll of the dice should be between everyone who was present for the boss kill, again, avoiding arbitrary distinctions. If it turns out that everyione in your raid group but you thinks that it should be core raiders only, then go with that. The important thing is that you pick on a simple, easily understood and general rule, and make sure everyone keeps to it.
    Official Dragon Wiggler of the Ashen Rose Conspiracy
    Nerf Paladins

Loot drama

I am fortunate that not only do I tank for our primary group, I am in almost all alt or secondary groups also due to a lack of tanks and heals and my raid explanations. I am there whenever asked and usually pass drops I win to mains in secondary runs even when the alt in that run can really use the item. I would be there even if I wasn't allowed to roll for drops on alts to help the guild. I sympathize with those not in a consistent raid group or one that has a harder time downing bosses.

That being said...if my main did not get opportunities to raid AND I wasn't allowed to roll for loot for my class, I wouldn't come and wouldn't blame anyone else who didn't. In fact, I doubt I could stay in a guild that did that to me. I don't know that I could stay in a guild that I observed doing that to another guildie.

I am good enough to down bosses with you but cannot be rewarded unless it's someone's hand-me-down? No thanks.
    "he doens't need healing, he doesn't need healing, he doesn't nee-WHAOSHIT!wtf was that man!". Please stop leaning on TDR. -Teng

Quote Originally Posted by Texan81 View Post
    We normally don't need fill ins this was an anomaly .Yes i agree twice a week is not that hard of a commitment but a couple of my raiders think that the core team deserves priority so that we can progress further into firelands i am on the fence with the issue i see both sides and am not sure which is correct side.
    First off gear is not keeping you from progressing in firelands especially with valor changes, the fact that you clear t11 content and that its this far in....if players are using gear as what you need to progress then you need to check that attitude. With killing 2 bosses I don't think you can do anything but a simple /roll or no one will want to go to the run, I hear all the time on my server that people are dodging their guilds alt runs that go 6/7 in hopes of getting into my alt run which is on heroic modes.....if you take away the chance at loot people just wont go, so your solution is find something that wont compete with your other 9 on loot, or tell them to deal with it plain and simple.
    www.blessthemartyrguild.com

+ Reply to Thread