+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Free guild website?

Free guild website?

Hi all ive started a new guild &
    Im looking for a free guild website does anyone use any of these services and would you recomend any?
    Im really after a forum not too bothered if the site looks any good.

Thanks in advance !!

enjin and wowstead both offer free services if i recall.
    www.blessthemartyrguild.com

I can't recommend Enjin, the configuration tools are not particularly easy to get to know, and after the free trial runs out you only have 20 modules available, which isn't really enough. Wowstead isn't too bad, although it is missing some key forum features that I feel are not just nice to have, but necessary (the ability to make a forum read-only for example) which you would get in a dedicated forum solution such as VB or PhPBB3.

How is 20 modules not enough if you are looking for a free solution? You can delete any that are built in and you are not using. Also wowstead no longer allows you to lock threads?? Haven't used them in over a year but you used to be able too....either way a free solution is free and as such will not be perfect, hell any hosted service will not be perfect, not really sure how you find the enjin tools hard to use, but to each their own. I have the ultimate plan on Enjin and I absolutely love it, I know most of the standard features come with the free plan as well and reccommend it.
    www.blessthemartyrguild.com

wowstead allows you to lock threads, but if you want a forum to be read-only for certain ranks, you can't do that. I also never said that you can't lock threads so I don't know where you found that bit of info. When truc and I were looking at enjin for his guild's site, we tried it out, we were happy with ~34 modules (14 day trial has everything unlocked). I then looked at what we had, and reckoned that we could remove about 8 or 9 modules without having to lose something we really felt was necessary.

+ Reply to Thread