+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Nublet Prot Warrior could use a once-over

Nublet Prot Warrior could use a once-over

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...bbers/advanced

- Do I need Vigilance for 5-mans and maybe pugging BH? I like the point in Thunderstruck, and since my other party members don't take a ton of damage in 5-mans (unless they're bad) I wouldn't get a ton of Vengeance from Vigi anyways... right?

- Curious how other Engineering tanks handle their glove tinker. I macro it to Shield Block (or Vampiric Blood on my Deathtard), is this a good idea? I really can't be bothered to micro-manage such a weak cooldown.

- At what point does 1% block value overtake 2% armor? I was under the impression that the BV was always better, but now I'm seeing other shield tanks with the armor one, and I'm confused.

Any other advice or constructive criticism is welcomed. <3

- No. It's really useful in raiding, not much outside of that.
    - *shrug*
    - There's a calculator you can use: http://www.bacondev.com/tankmeta/ - the difference is rarely earth shattering either way.

I'd pick Vigilance over anything else every day. Just imagine you're playing with that guy (Arcane mage, frost dk, anything else with fancy burst) and all he want is his 140 points to get capped. Decked in Firelands gear and overeager with pulling him-/herself .. having multiple taunts comes in handy. I can't see 1/2 thunderstruck or other talent choices bypass that. And if you're running some LFD-dungeons each week you'll see a LOT of those players. And you'll likely go to BH every week, maybe some t11 runs as well, won't you?

Hmm I think you may be right Klausi. I'll give Vigi a shot then.

Thanks for the replies guys

The main thing about the Deflection plates is that they lock out the TB trinket, so if you want to use that freeley you have to micro manage it, annoying I know

+ Reply to Thread