+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fury DPS - What on earth is going wrong?

Fury DPS - What on earth is going wrong?

This is a question that I know pops up alot, and I appreciate your patients and what not with it being asked once more! BUT i'm in need of help, as its seriously playing hell with me.

So, my alt guild have been tackling normal firelands and what not over the past few months. Theres now I think 3 other fury warriors in the guild and in terms of DPS I seem to sit way down below them all. We have one that literally eats the DPS meter and is 99% of the time always at a constant 28-32kDps. Another that seems to have slightly less gear than me, that is normally battling me on the meters, or is just plain above me. Its getting more than frustrating me as with my gear and sims, i should be wayyyy above all of this. crazy!

Other than some slight mess ups in rotation (generally missing free heroic strike procs) I stick to everything the theory crafters have been throwing at us in terms of CS > BT > RG > BT, Slams on procs and heroic strikes over 60 rage. Throwing in demoralising shout and some other stuff when everythings on CD.

Armory can be found http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...riimjaw/simple

I'm perfectly aware about my blue trinket....sadly Apparatus has never dropped for us, nor is it on the AH for less than 25k. Annnd Ever since every person got FoA - its never dropped for me!

And just some links to our logs http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/5...jb/details/22/

The warrior I refer to that eats the DPS meter is found as Nabius and the other Rydia. And of course as with the armory, my alt is Griimjaw

Any help is seriously appreciated. its frustrating that I can never keep the constant 28k+ of my peers and something that needs fixing!

Quote Originally Posted by Kaoscontrol View Post
    I'm perfectly aware about my blue trinket....sadly Apparatus has never dropped for us, nor is it on the AH for less than 25k. Annnd Ever since every person got FoA - its never dropped for me!
    Buy the rep trinket? 153 crit/230 mastery and 1277 strength on use, averaged strength 319 versus yours with 114 crit/171 exp and 1425 strength on use, averaged strength 237.

Nabius has 2* 378 weapon, Rydia has at least one (wearing pvp gear right now) and you're still rocking on two 359's. While the rest of your gear looks fine you really lack on that department, that's at least 2k dps difference from simming alone (not even counting for double dipping with deep wounds munching).

Looking at your Baleroc logs:
    Attack / You / Nabius / Rydia
    BT: 49 / 58 / 57
    CS: 9 / 11 / 11
    RB: 19 / 24 / 26
    Exe: 11 / 15 / 17
    Slam: 17 / 13 / 11
    HT: 2 / 0 / 0 (it resets your swingtimer, don't use it unless you're not at the boss)
    [Rydia didn't even use a potion and Nabius didn't prepot so they have lots of wiggle room.]

You was the only one to pop shield wall so it's not a fair comparison, but even while stancedancing you shouldn't delay BT. Don't try to hard to get every slam procc of and focus on your harder hitting styles.

Ok, your biggest problem from the looks of you logs: Melee was you largest scource of DPS. Unless i'm remembering incorectly it should be at least third.

Here's an exercise you can do yourself.
    Here's the ability usage for Nabius at Baleroc: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/5...?s=6265&e=6487
    Here's yours: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/5...?s=6265&e=6487

If you open those in 2 browser tabs, and flick between them, you can count up the number of times you each used given abilities. You can repeat the same exercise for the 'buffs gained' tab to see if you are getting the same number of deathwish/reck's in per fight, who is getting tricks of the trade on them etc. At a glance, it looks like Nabius is doing a very good job at his rotation, that you aren't managing to keep as tight a rotation and also that you are getting some of the 'personal dps loss for utility' jobs like shield walling a crystal or being the shattering throw bitch?

This may seem like a daft question, but have you talked to Nabius about it? It's all very well us giving forum advice, but I'm sure you could get a lot more direct feedback if you talked directly with him. Maybe your UI is holding back your rotation, maybe he could give you some tips and tricks to get the most out of execute phase or your set bonuses, maybe you could agree that you deserve the next 2 hander that drops.

Ok, your biggest problem from the looks of you logs: Melee was you largest scource of DPS. Unless i'm remembering incorectly it should be at least third.
    That is incorrect.

HT: 2 / 0 / 0 (it resets your swingtimer, don't use it unless you're not at the boss)
    This hurts personal dps, however, its a boost for the rest of the melee when used accordingly.

This may seem like a daft question, but have you talked to Nabius about it? It's all very well us giving forum advice, but I'm sure you could get a lot more direct feedback if you talked directly with him. Maybe your UI is holding back your rotation, maybe he could give you some tips and tricks to get the most out of execute phase or your set bonuses, maybe you could agree that you deserve the next 2 hander that drops.
    This is absolutely the best overall course of action you can take. If you wanna know how they maintain the numbers they do, ask them how they do it.

Gear wise there are a couple minor things you can do fairly immediately. As was stated above, get the rep trinket. Also, the VP ring and the Moon Blessed ring from Molten Front are both improvements to your current rings.

Quote Originally Posted by artie View Post
    That is incorrect.
    oh? hmm, i'll have to take a look at my fury DPS, don't get a chance to use it very often.
    And so it is incorrect, it was 1'st with BT in a VERY close second.
    Last edited by Gregasaurous; 09-26-2011 at 05:07 PM.

hey again guys.

Sorry for the delay in replying, real life and the universe took over yesterday so that got my focus.

So just clearing up the basics - From reading everything I think we've come ot the two conclusions its getting my rotation down properly and weapon upgrades!

In terms of talking to Nabius - I've tried this before - and the problem there is theres a huge barrier in terms of language. Nabius is Turkish - I'm not :P. His english is rather fracturered with no offence to him, so understanding things that he means, or him understand what I mean gets a little complicated and confusing to say the least. I've gotten a few hints and tips out of him - but then going into more detail the language barrier kicks in.

The other one It seems I surely need to get down properly is - SLAM! As has been noted, I do indeed use it every proc, sometimes delaying BT over the slam proc due to my theory being "oh hey....it could proc another slam" - but I guess this isn't the way to be going. I'll be sure to get this revised and out of the way as a hurdle fall

+ Reply to Thread