Thread: Can anybody help me with ragnaros heroic 10 man phase 4? I got a couple doubts.

Can anybody help me with ragnaros heroic 10 man phase 4? I got a couple doubts.

Hi there all and thanks for taking the time to read this.

So my guild has just started to reach phase 4 (we got there a couple times before nerf so now we should be able to get there more often) , thing is I'm not totally sure what to do in that phase since it start , i will explain how we are trying to do it and hopefully somebody who has killed it can tell me if thats the correct course.

We try to move the meteorites to the edges of the platform before ragnaros rises, once he rises i grab him and wait for the breadth of frost to appear.
    Once it appears we get in the breadth in a Y position , with 3 groups of 3 ppl while the 10th doesnt reset his stacks of superheated till he grabs the deluge buff.

Thing is we dont get that far, once phase 4 starts we are dead withing 1 minute or so , i hope that once we reach the phase more often that will get easier , but are we planning it correctly?
    Also we arent even close to move to phase 4 with 1 meteorite only, an advice for my guild's dps? we are lacking like a 5% of rag's health to get to phase 4 with 1 meteorite.

Thanks in advance for any advice and sorry if the english wasnt perfect, as is my second language.
    Last edited by Zelai; 09-23-2011 at 03:28 AM.

We were using the 2 at the front and one at the back for the start of our p4 attempts, then switched to 1 at the front and 2 at the back for the breadths, it helped us not geysering.
    We also started in our formation at the start of p4 before he came up.

http://img683.imageshack.us/img683/6...ingvictory.jpg (ignore the names)

In the picture it shows our groups at the start of p4 before he rises. The coloured lines/circles are possible breadth of frost locations/areas and who would get there first depending on how long the line is, assuming everyone heads directly there as to not geyser the raid by just standing around, causing more healing and possibly too much damage through superheated aswell. The rag tank needs to blow a large cd while moving.

In that pic it was 2 melee dps and a tank at the front, 2 healers at the back left and a tank, and 3 rdps on the right.
    We planned for two meteors at that stage but when the nerf came it ended up being one. The dk tank would be assigned to knocking back both meteors when he wasn't tanking, and when he was 2 rdps would be responsible for them.
    This fight is extremely less stressful if you can get 1 meteor heading into p4 as to the length of the fight up untill that point.

Remember to always enter the breadth from the back of it as to not geyser, I remember starting off in p4 that was the next checkpoint you had to get past.

It depends on your raid comp as to why you aren't pushing 1 meteor. We had an average of 32k dps over our 6 dps, not including tanks and disc priest smite, or 220k raid dps in 99 seconds before the 2nd meteor would spawn which would push 1 meteor, with a demo lock (moonwell chalice+doomguard) and elemental shaman dominating.
    What is your dps lineup?

It could also have something to do with your 2nd transition. This is the most important for pushing 1 meteor. If you push the boss to 41% just before the engulfing after u kill the 3rd seeds you stop dps, let him cast engulfing and then burn him. ON very good attempts we were pushing to 35%, on our kill it was 36%.

The scions are also pretty important, are they both dead by the end of the transition? If not you need to really push your dps on those, only killing the last son at around 44 seconds into the transition.

hope some of this helps
    Last edited by likesombode; 09-23-2011 at 04:10 AM. Reason: amazing spelling zz

Quote Originally Posted by Zelai View Post
    Also we arent even close to move to phase 4 with 1 meteorite only, an advice for my guild's dps? we are lacking like a 5% of rag's health to get to phase 4 with 1 meteorite.
    - Your scions die in time (before he emerges for phase 3)?
    - Your tanks deal dps? Without your tanks helping you'll need 31k dps per raider over ~ 80s including herosim and potion, that's way more then you needed for orginal Baleroc (~27k per dps). I play him with exp softcap and one dps trinket (since i'm a warrior i still feel in need of the TB one, our paladin affords to play with two dps trinkets). We both deal between 16-22k dps each depending on the try/proccs/etc.
    - You have a demo warlock? His doomguard cooldown is just sooo strong, that pet alone is resonsible for about 10k dps on it's own.
    - You covered all important raidbuffs?
    - Last but maybe most important: do you got something quick to handle the dreadflames? Ie a hunter or any dps'ing druid?

Honestly we had a hard time getting properly in phase 4 without pushing for one meteor, that change made progress on the later part way easier. But if you don't have a heavy execution lineup i'd just push him safely with two meteors and work something out, with his hitpoints nerf it's only about 8 minutes instead of dreading 11 and only two seed phases to handle -> less time for errors

Quote Originally Posted by likesombode View Post
    It could also have something to do with your 2nd transition. This is the most important for pushing 1 meteor. If you push the boss to 41% just before the engulfing after u kill the 3rd seeds you stop dps, let him cast engulfing and then burn him. ON very good attempts we were pushing to 35%, on our kill it was 36%.
    That sounds nice, we just push him how he comes by, barely scratching the 37% mark. But we don't have a 3rd set so we would have to handle them as well.

Thanks for the answers .

We do have a demo lock , that uses the doomguard in phase 3 but i think that part of our problem might come from the transition into 2nd set of sons of flame, as we dont really burn him down below the 40% maybe 39 or 38 in best tries. Ill make sure i make a point about it next raid.

None of our tanks (me being on of em ) use any dps gear ,i probably could afford some as im in full bis (other than rag heroic drops) the other tank is not so geared but we both take a dps potion during BL.
    Our scions are pretty much check ,usually one dead and the other one close to dead by the time rag emerges.

I have been bothered with our raid dps for a while now , i guess its time to crack the whip on those slackers .
    We run 1 moonkin 1 demolock 1 arcane mage 1 frostdw dk 1 hunter and 1 shadowpriest. And trough the fight they cap at 23-25k ,i dont think its too much to ask to get 32k during 80sec , while 40 of these secs have BL and you bust all the cds/potion.

I agree that part of our phase 4 problem will be the way we enter into the breadths but thats something that should fix itself with the tries , as long as we understand what we are supposed to do .

Quick question :
    In phase 4 the person designated for the dread flames doesnt reset his superheated stacks until he gets the deluge buff? or does he sneak into a patch at some point (with somebody leaving him his spot) for a reset before deluge ?

Thanks for the answers this far guys ,

Quote Originally Posted by Zelai View Post
    Thanks for the answers .

Quick question :
    In phase 4 the person designated for the dread flames doesnt reset his superheated stacks until he gets the deluge buff? or does he sneak into a patch at some point (with somebody leaving him his spot) for a reset before deluge ?

Thanks for the answers this far guys ,
    Nah he doesn't have to reset his superheated, I think he keeps the stacks but doesn't take damage from it or something.

Although with a caster heavy group world in flames eats away your dps if you get bad spawns, especially the mage.

Yeah klausi we stop dps at around 43-44 after the 2nd set, we can almost guarantee that tank damage and aoe damage from the seeds pushes him to 41%.
    We just get our frost dk to emp rune weapon and give the lock a bop to prevent the seed from spawning on him and they fall over for the 3rd set.
    Last edited by likesombode; 09-23-2011 at 11:50 AM.

If you are immune to damage you can avoid a seed spawning rather like at Majordomo?

If you are immune to Physical, that will prevent a Molten Seed from spawning at your location, similar to Majordomo. All the rest of the damage is Fire, but for some reason the spell that summons the Seed is physical.

Ok cool, so with a paladin tank, healer, and dps plus a mage, we can eliminate 7 seeds in P2, correct? 3x bubble + 3x HoP + ice block. Used all for one round, we could potentially remove all but one seed from a spawn.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrea View Post
    Ok cool, so with a paladin tank, healer, and dps plus a mage, we can eliminate 7 seeds in P2, correct? 3x bubble + 3x HoP + ice block. Used all for one round, we could potentially remove all but one seed from a spawn.
    Yes, I'm pretty sure there are only 8 seeds that are planted aswell so if you get lucky I guess you could eliminate them all.
    Whether that would bug rag out or not i'm not sure.

I don'T know, it doesn't bug Majordomo. It would make one seed spawn a total non-issue (worst case scenario is three seeds). Remember that they do less damage when there are less of them together.

Yes, I suppose you could do that. Haven't tried it myself, but it sure works on Majordomo. Our comp allowed us to have only 3 Searing Seeds for Domo, so I suppose you could have a similar reduction for Molten Seeds on Ragnaros.

Hunter and mage can avoid getting seeds in the first place

The cyclone ends and the seed is applied one GCD latter. So if you drop combat during this period you won't get the seed at all. On Majorodomo :\

But on ragnaros heroic, if you a mage mirror images, or invis a seed still lands, but if doesn't fixate him. This normally leads to me charging the elementals spaming arcane blast, totally fun.
    Last edited by leethaxor; 09-24-2011 at 10:54 AM.
    [Today 06:48 PM] Ion:swimming in a natural body of water ISN'T acceptable...it's momentarily tolerable

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrea View Post
    I don'T know, it doesn't bug Majordomo. It would make one seed spawn a total non-issue (worst case scenario is three seeds). Remember that they do less damage when there are less of them together.

Yeah, though tbh with the nerf they are nowhere near a roadblock as they were back then.

It would also depend on your dps pushing 2 seed phases, otherwise you wouldn't have much left for the others. Even a specced bop isn't up for the 1st and 3rd.
    We split our cds up, 1 lock got a bop on the first seeds with meta and mastery trinket, no bop for the 2nd but hunter would rapid fire, then lock (no meta) or spriest gets a bop for the 3rd and dk would emp rune weapon.

This gave us all our cds back (except for emp runeweapon) for the 1 meteor burn in p3.

Quote Originally Posted by leethaxor View Post
    Hunter and mage can avoid getting seeds in the first place
    Using deterrence as a hunter before they are cast or how is this done?