+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Protection Warrior Reforging Questions

There seems to be a little cartesian science here so let me ask simply, what should I do about the following numbers?

Parry 2038
    Dodge 2151
    Mastery 1793

I think that the answer is to move some of my reforged dodge to parry so as to get a tad more parry than dodge.

Get a crapton more mastery from somwhere! why is your mastery so low?

I have been following reforge recommendations from askmrrobot.com and Pawn (addon).

Should I move Parry and Dodge to mastery if able?

If so, that would put me at:
    Parry: 1808
    Dodge: 1819
    Mastery: 2355

What do the numbers look like if you leave Parry alone and only reforge Dodge to Mastery?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    just don't let them melee you up the bum.

Protection Warrior Reforging Questions

I suspect you have fallen into the item level trap. Much of the 365-378 tank gear is avoidance+threat and I think you must have lost a lot of tank stats by always taking the higher item level. The amount and balance of those three tank stats seems way off.
    "he doens't need healing, he doesn't need healing, he doesn't nee-WHAOSHIT!wtf was that man!". Please stop leaning on TDR. -Teng

Quote Originally Posted by sifuedition View Post
    I suspect you have fallen into the item level trap. Much of the 365-378 tank gear is avoidance+threat and I think you must have lost a lot of tank stats by always taking the higher item level. The amount and balance of those three tank stats seems way off.
    Not even close.
    Unbreakable Guardian
    Blockade's Lost Shield
    Thundercall
    Helm of the Proud
    Fireheart Necklace
    Sunburnt Pauldrons
    Mantle of Patience
    Chestguard of the Molten Giant
    Bracers of Regal Force
    Earthen Handguards
    Hardened Elementium Girdle
    Earthen Legguards
    Pyrelord Greaves
    Seal of the Petrified Pumpkin
    Ring of the Battle Anthem
    Brawler's Trophy
    Bedrock Talisman

Quote Originally Posted by Dreador View Post
    What do the numbers look like if you leave Parry alone and only reforge Dodge to Mastery?
    Parry 2038
    Dodge 1819
    Mastery 2125

Protection Warrior Reforging Questions

The 359 rep boots are better than the pyrelord greaves. That is an example of what I mean.

By the same token, the pumpkin ring is a bad choice. If you are going to use a dps piece for filler, it should have at least mastery on it.

Keep the cloak you have even if you unlock the 378 rep one.

The armor trinket is way under budget. You just don't get anywhere close to enough extra armor to make armor trinkets attractive. The 333 impetuous query is better. Try to get the TB trinket or Throngus' Finger or Porcelin Crab.
    "he doens't need healing, he doesn't need healing, he doesn't nee-WHAOSHIT!wtf was that man!". Please stop leaning on TDR. -Teng

Error on the ring, it is Felsen's Ring of Resolve. I will have the mats for the JC ring later today.

I don't have access to the rep boots yet. That may happen today as well. I don't have the 40K gold or I'd go after the Mirrored boots.

I replaced my impetuous query with the Bedrock Talisman on the recommendation of a few other sites. My regular healer noticed the difference. Yes, I had a macro tied to use it. IN 2 more days I will have the Moonwell Phial. I'm on the lookout for the crab or finger, believe me!

All in all, my regular healer (my GM) has not had any great difficulty healing me through Heroics and we only had 2 deaths in ZA. Was a GREAT group though!

40k for Mirroed boots? All they need is a crafter + 3 chaos orbs (5k for the orbs and having the recipe maximum) and 4 living ember. Those should be rather low right now after so many month of firelands and pugs clearing 6/7 easily (sell for 300g each on my server nowadays, shouldn't be much higher than 1k everywhere else). If they are overpriced on your server for whatever reason just run firelands one time on an alt (raidlead yourself) and declare 4 living ember as saved/locked if your guild can't help you out.

Quote Originally Posted by TankerTom View Post
    My regular healer noticed the difference.
    Honestly i can't notice the difference with just the exchange of one item. Regulary it's proper cc/interrupts/reflects/stuns that'll make noticeable differences in your damage taken, eg having a mage sheeping those nasty casters you can't reach easily or that rogue spending his combopoints on stuns instead of a lousy eviscerate.

6000 total combined avoidance/mitigation rating.. your 'Parry: 1808 Dodge: 1819 Mastery: 2355' looks best to me. That should be enough to get "blockcapped" during shieldblock (requiring 77.4% ctc).

You pay 5K for 3 orbs? Damn, I only pay 1.5K for 5!!!

Ok, I fixed the ring issue and reforged. I also adjusted my gems and here are the results:

Parry 2022
    Dodge 2010
    Mastery 2129

Unhit changed from 82.85 to 85.01

Quote Originally Posted by klausi View Post
    6000 total combined avoidance/mitigation rating.. your 'Parry: 1808 Dodge: 1819 Mastery: 2355' looks best to me. That should be enough to get "blockcapped" during shieldblock (requiring 77.4% ctc).
    How/where did you get those numbers? Straight off the gear?

Quote Originally Posted by sifuedition View Post
    The 359 rep boots are better than the pyrelord greaves. That is an example of what I mean.
    The difference is minimal, really. You can reforge probably about 80 dodge rating to mastery and they'll be practically the same, fractions of a percent different.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    just don't let them melee you up the bum.

Quote Originally Posted by TankerTom View Post
    How/where did you get those numbers? Straight off the gear?
    Haven't seen a link to your armory yet, it's just about the entry gear level values i still had in mind from the beginning of that expansion. 1800 dodge and parry are ~ 29% combined avoidance and 2300 mastery equals to roughly 50% block. As said before if possible sacrifice some of your avoidance values (parry + dodge) to increase your mitigation (mastery), 1500 parry + 1500 dodge + 3000 mastery beat 2000 of each any day.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreador View Post
    The difference is minimal, really. You can reforge probably about 80 dodge rating to mastery and they'll be practically the same, fractions of a percent different.
    He's right, at high avoidance values (combined 4500+) it's still only a ~ 0.25% difference in ctc.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/borean-tundra/Kerrunch/simple

I
    have been running dps and the armory takes a while to update. I just switched back to my tanking set.

Thanks to the information here I have made my healer's life easier. She has noted that I need a lot less attention because I take less damage.

+ Reply to Thread